Quantcast

Musical chair game 2016 or Teh offseason prophecy

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Wille Richie Rude do a full DH season in the future? Is Enduro-to-DH the new DH-to-Enduro? How much is it worth to Yeti to have him ride another EWS season as EWS champ?

And Gee's body is beat to hell, so 2016 being a final year makes sense.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wille Richie Rude do a full DH season in the future? Is Enduro-to-DH the new DH-to-Enduro? How much is it worth to Yeti to have him ride another EWS season as EWS champ?

And Gee's body is beat to hell, so 2016 being a final year makes sense.

Worth noting, yeti sponsors an enduro team, not a dh team. Might have something to do with it.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Worth noting, yeti sponsors an enduro team, not a dh team. Might have something to do with it.
Right! But, I heard people switch teams sometimes. And sometimes threads even get created on message boards to discuss such things.

Is Marc Beaumont going to find a ride again, or is it a career for him?

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
It'll eb really interesting to see Gee on Trek if that does happen. I think we could see him winning again. It seems like that is a really solid bike.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
It'll eb really interesting to see Gee on Trek if that does happen. I think we could see him winning again. It seems like that is a really solid bike.

Maybe.... but if he can not win on a bike that was designed for him....
Do you really think he will be back to crushing it on an off the shelf model?
Change can sort things out a bit, but maybe if he would smile a bit more often Karma may quit kicking his ass.

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
But Rachel is smiling pretty much, even when not winning. :brows:
I think you might be on to something here...
Gee seems hellbent on bruteforcing a win. Compare that to Minnaar´s stoic calmness and how he kept on top of the game for an incredible period of time. Gee takes every second place finish as a personal insult and failure, that has to mess with your head at some point. Gee should hire less personal trainers and get someone to even out his work life balance a little because obviously he can´t do it by himself.
That guy could dominate them all, but mentally he´s just way behind Minnaar and Gwin while Loic has got his youthful energy going for him.
Sad he doesn´t take a little inspiration from his sister.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Gee should hire less personal trainers and get someone to even out his work life balance a little because obviously he can´t do it by himself.
You mean something like a girlfriend? There has to be an illiterate female out there that's willing and still has a pulse.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I can remember and still have a physical copy of that Dirt issue with LORD Bummer and a female showing a nice set of character traits on the contents page. But that was a winter issue and the LORD was on vacation in the land of the free, so I guess work life balance was pretty ok then. He was smiling :banana:

So basically Loki ans Hacktastic are right immo

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I heard jolanda neff is going dh in order to improve the dh image. Tracks to be modified so she can win.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I hate it when people work really hard to try and win races, and are really focused on doing that.

What douchecanoes.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I hate it when people work really hard to try and win races, and are really focused on doing that.

What douchecanoes.
If people think Gee Atherton is a douche, then Vouilloz is Satan himself.

The Athertons built up a brand and probably made a small fortune in the process. Contrast that with some of our "happier" heroes, who will be looking for work selling forks or apparel after their racing days are over.

But, yeah, dude hates riding, clearly.

But, hey, maybe someday he'll find himself and share his inspiration with us each day:

https://twitter.com/duncanriffle

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
If people think Gee Atherton is a douche, then Vouilloz is Satan himself.

The Athertons built up a brand and probably made a small fortune in the process. Contrast that with some of our "happier" heroes, who will be looking for work selling forks or apparel after their racing days are over.
Vouilloz is French, of course he's Satan. There's a big hole in France where Satan reaches up and uses French citizens as ass-puppets to the rest of the world. Pretty sure that giant hole is in Le Louvre (that's French for "The Loov").

It must be so depressing to finish racing a bunch of silly pedal bikes through your prime and be basically unemployable except by bike companies doing sales and marketing for shit wages. That Loic boy has it right by getting at least some real education in parallel.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Fucking gold mine
New drinking game: Word salad spam generated by a bot or a Duncan Riffle quote?

"We each see what we need to see, in darkness and in light. Danger does not only hide in the dark, nor does safety only emerge itself in the light. Being in the dark isn't all that bad really, at times it can feel safe, calm and correct. The danger is believing that what is shown in the light is that of the same comfort and perceived correctness as when you could not see it. Truth be told, you could actually be surrounded by true horrors. Safe no more. I do however still hold serenity on the fact that there is no "right" or "wrong" within the universe as it is, but things can certainly feel right or wrong in an instant as they are done "wrong" to you. Considering it is human nature to always look out for what is best for yourself, it is easy to see things in your own light. Today was filled with light, all reveling, glowing, harsh light. | May the bridges you burn light your way. Privileges once given and overlooked, are given no more."

Spoiler: Riffle quote.

https://instagram.com/p/8RwM2MJHLr/

I'll eat my own turd if this guy didn't grow up in the suburbs in an above-average income household.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
gee...rich white boys participate in a sport where the high-end equipement and "participations costs" add up to much as a years' low end rent... SHOCKER

move along

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
^^^^^^^^^

Well all I can say to that is... stop "waisting" your time, man.

"I used to hold time as the almighty currency. I held it above all else...as if it were a reality that determined my happiness. When in fact it is quite the opposite...my time waisted or spent wisely was simply a means to and end, a space in which I could fill in order to assure my ego felt accomplished within a day's time. I have realized the accomplishment is not the end destination but forever and will always be about the process and journey in seeking out that perceived reality of happiness, that sense of accomplishment. What if it was there all along? We all make choices...Choose wisely. "

Last edited:

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Would be awesome to see Rude race downhill again, but Its almost guaranteed he'll stay in enduro. He is dominating the EWS why would he go back to DH? The one guy he could never beat in juniors is the current world champ? His odds of beating Graves and Clementz is alot better than Gwin, Bruni etc.
I was a huge Rude fanboy and was dissapointed when Yeti pulled the plug on his DH racing but its safe to say going enduro was the best career move he could have made.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Well all I can say to that is... stop "waisting" your time, man.

"I used to hold time as the almighty currency. I held it above all else...as if it were a reality that determined my happiness. When in fact it is quite the opposite...my time waisted or spent wisely was simply a means to and end, a space in which I could fill in order to assure my ego felt accomplished within a day's time. I have realized the accomplishment is not the end destination but forever and will always be about the process and journey in seeking out that perceived reality of happiness, that sense of accomplishment. What if it was there all along? We all make choices...Choose wisely. "
I did not write the post you quoted.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Winning at enduro = 40-60th place in DH

It's kind of like coming out on top at a chess tournament. You'll feel good at the time because lots of people there are giving you affirmation, but when you step back, you realize you just spent all that time to become lord of the dwids.

Pretty soon you start thinking 1mph nose wheelies make switchbacks acceptable, and that duct taping tubes to your frame makes your sponsors equipment look good when really "there's a bag for that". You start finding yourself putting on those dumb spandex kneepads for every ride..........downward spiral.