Quantcast

"Mustang, this is Maverick requesting a flyby"

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
.....pleaded guilty last week at his court-martial to charges of negligent homicide, reckless endangerment, property destruction and failure to obey orders.

Rogers was sentenced to 120 days without pay at Fort Leavenworth military prison in Kansas. He also must retire from the Army but will retain his pension.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
ummbikes said:
Losing his career and doing a couple months in jail is accountability.
If it was a civilian we would have been in jail for many years, lost his job AND pension (probably more too). Losing his career and a couple of months in jail is NOT accountability, let alone justice.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Ciaran said:
If it was a civilian we would have been in jail for many years, lost his job AND pension (probably more too). Losing his career and a couple of months in jail is NOT accountability, let alone justice.
Really?

For a first offender, shesh, he wasn't even drunk... :blah:

ummbikes

Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
douglas said:
if that was your brother or dad or son that died, would you say the same thing?

What do you what? These guys are the tip of the spear, it's sad that people died, but the behavior of the pilot is not un-common. I know people who are training to be fighter pilots and risk taking and aggressive behavior are what they seek in these kids and what got these guys there jobs. I couldn't do it. Warriors are risky by nature. The system is what it is. Should this guy get executed? Sorry my bleeding heart has been cauterized, life is a dangerous thing, people died the Army clipped the pilots wings and fired him. Sounds plenty good to me.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
ummbikes said:
What do you what? These guys are the tip of the spear, it's sad that people died, but the behavior of the pilot is not un-common. I know people who are training to be fighter pilots and risk taking and aggressive behavior are what they seek in these kids and what got these guys there jobs. I couldn't do it. Warriors are risky by nature. The system is what it is. Should this guy get executed? Sorry my bleeding heart has been cauterized, life is a dangerous thing, people died the Army clipped the pilots wings and fired him. Sounds plenty good to me.
The thing is that had this pilot been following the rules, no one would have died. After all the pilot plead GUILTY to negligent homicide, reckless endangerment, property destruction and failure to obey orders. Which means that he admitted it was his fault. No one is asking for his head, just expressing our displeasure, and dissapointment in his punishment.

ummbikes

Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Ciaran said:
The thing is that had this pilot been following the rules, no one would have died. After all the pilot plead GUILTY to negligent homicide, reckless endangerment, property destruction and failure to obey orders. Which means that he admitted it was his fault. No one is asking for his head, just expressing our displeasure, and dissapointment in his punishment.

Fair enough. So how much jail time?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
15 years per each reckless murder outside the battlefield, and 1 year per each million bucks...
that should teach em a lesson about being "law abbiding citizenship"...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
ummbikes said:
Fair enough. So how much jail time?
There I think, is a more difficult question to answer. It is easier to say that 120 days is too little as it seems to be very little. How much on the maximum end is more difficult, I think. Jail is a very bad place to be, and depanding on the person, can be a very severe punishment.

I honestly cannot say how much would be a suitable amount of jail time.