Quantcast

MX vs mtb/bmx leatt braces

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I believe the MX version has a higher profile, as the riding position is more upright on a MX vs MTB(in general).
MTB version is lower profile and allows a bit more mobility, as you're a bit more crouched over on a MTB vs MX(again in general).

Don't think it has much to do w/what helmet you run, that being said some helmets work better than others.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
The diffirences between the DBX vs GPX i will explain it as good as possible.

Material:
The DBX is constructed out of glass injected Nylon this means that it's strong enougth to wistand bicycle impacts and not Motocyle impacts like the GPX does.

The GPX is constructed out of Glass reinforced Nylon,this means that the overall construction of the brace is allot stronger than with glass injected nylon on the dbx,which means it can wistand impacts of Motocross,ATV & Snowmobile since riders crash at the much higher speeds than on a bicycle.There for you need to have a stronger brace.

Adjustments:
Both braces the DBX (Comp) & GPX(Club II) have the same amount of adjustments,but the Club II comes with a 7 degree wedge for a tigther fit for realy slimmed riders.

Padding:
No difference here since both braces use the low profile padding to work better with your'e helmet & for better range of movement.

Weight:
There is a weight diffirence between the DBX (Comp) & GPX(Club II),because of the injected nylon construction on the DBX it weights 790g.The GPX(club II) is about 60g heavier than the DBX just because of it's reinforced nylon construction that add weight which ends up with a weight of 850g for the Club II brace.

Colors:
DBX comp only comes in 1 color where the Club II comes in 5 colors,the DBX Comp II comes in 3 colors.

Then there are the two high end Pro braces of the DBX & GPX but there are no diffirences between those,only the color of the brace is the only real diffirence.It's the only braces in the whole line up that are 100% the same.

my 2 cents.

Last edited:

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Ive got the moto gpx 2. It works great.

Edit, actually I don't know if it works at all, but it fits great and does not interfere with riding.

Pizton

Chimp
Feb 5, 2011
Hi to everyone
Both plastics are the same, the only changes are the colors, padding and the names gpx vs dbx, I'm using the gpx pro and is the best 550 gr and carbon everywhere , keep riding dudes!!!

CRMXER

Chimp
Nov 1, 2011
I had this same question and simply looked on Leatt's website, it specifically states that the construction is the same, the only difference is the padding.