Quantcast

~ MY 110 pitbike ~

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
yeah, i sold the ttr to star on this.

i have pieced it together off ebay and forum classifed.

the frame is a little choppered but the rest seems to be

great.

the motor rips! 24mm carb and dr.D pipe.

i did it for about $1400.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Did you ever get my email about a hand rear brake? I sent it to the email listed on your web site a long time ago. It was about the auto clutch, and that freeing up you clutch perch to be used as a rear brake lever.

Did you reduce the travel on the shiver? I can't tell. That bike looks crazy! :D

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
Looks good, I like the upside down top crow. How much travel is on the rear, it looks well jacked up!

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
wont have to worry about the chain falling off, eh? :p nice, though. i have an XR80 for puttin' around on myself, as well as a 125.Do many other monkeys ride the moto?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
RhinofromWA said:
Did you ever get my email about a hand rear brake? I sent it to the email listed on your web site a long time ago. It was about the auto clutch, and that freeing up you clutch perch to be used as a rear brake lever.

Did you reduce the travel on the shiver? I can't tell. That bike looks crazy! :D

well i raised the oil to where i only get 5-6. till i get my rear ride height figured out.

yes, i got you email on the rear hand brake.

two of my cousins have kx80's i dice with them .

mcA896
i few guys ride big bikes for training

Tom DH
it has about 9'' of rear travel.

i cleared the big double i have after bailing twice
and now my swinger shock is blown.

i am getting a moto shock now.

alex

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
I'm confused... the world of 50cc bikes being new to me. Why would one put together a heavily modified 50 rather than a bigger, faster, more versatile bike?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
sam_little said:
I'm confused... the world of 50cc bikes being new to me. Why would one put together a heavily modified 50 rather than a bigger, faster, more versatile bike?
I have grown up rideing motorcycles and never understood it myself. I think it started as a moto dads friendly pit racer compititions. Take your sons little xr50s and bang some bars....

Well competition being what it is....dads start modifying the bikes for themselves (bars, ucorking the engine, etc) and you have a huge aftermarket craze no time at all.

The size makes them relatively usable in back yards....there are even invitational backyard moto events (I think it is called Langtown National or something)

Lance Smail at Langtown race (some guys back yard!)

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
That bike looks sweet. It would be nice if you could mount an extra top triple clamp with direct mount stem higher up toward the tops of the fork sliders.

I suppose an Avalanche shock would hold up if you want a mtb rear shock. It might be smarter to find KX 60 shock or something similiar at a cycle salvage yard.

I've done a few laps on a hopped up CRF 50 around a full size mx track. It was bored to 88cc, with upgraded bars and clamps, but stock suspension. CLANK CLANK CLANK. I wasn't sure which would break first, the bike or me.
I sure could corner faster than the CR 250 I just got off of.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
sam_little said:
or up to 135cc

here the best site:

http://www.planetminis.com/

it is a play bike but race series are poping up everywhere.

basicly there are two kinds

10'' rear wheeled bikes varing from stock 50cc, 88cc and 107cc and above.

12'' rear wheels 110 stock and over 110 mod.
like this bike:

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Those are wicked little bikes but I never knew how it evolved into what it is today. I almost want one and I think I saw one for sale on someone's frontyard not too long ago...looked a little beat. Is this craze mostly in California??? I see companies like Stratos, Risse and Hanebrink making tons of stuff for the 50cc bikes.

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
mcA896 said:
wont have to worry about the chain falling off, eh? :p nice, though. i have an XR80 for puttin' around on myself, as well as a 125.Do many other monkeys ride the moto?
Yeah, I used to have a CRF50 fully done up with Marzocchi forks, but I sold that to get a KLX110. The KLX is so much more fun to ride and you don’t have to spend a fortune on doing them up.

Hears a pic of it. The engine is now a 138cc and it has got a 4th gear drum in it. The forks have got BBR internals and one stiff spring and a I shock on the rear.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
nice ride.

i was thinking of doing a 12'' rear but with the area i have to ride
i like my 50.

bbr must love you!

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
bcd said:
i cleared the big double i have after bailing twice
and now my swinger shock is blown.

i am getting a moto shock now.
Get a Stratos El Jefe, they actually feel pretty good, and Stratos might hook you up with pricing if you tell 'em you're a manufacturer.

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
bcd said:
nice ride.

i was thinking of doing a 12'' rear but with the area i have to ride
i like my 50.

bbr must love you!
Yeah I like my BBR parts there the original people and make good parts that just do the job they were made for.

I liked my 50 but I spent too much money on it, and I wasn’t enjoying it. I was worrying too much about the bike. I had more fun on it when it was stock with a few mods on it.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
RhinofromWA said:
Now they have 50s and custome 4strokes shoe horned into 80cc MXrs.

Hell yes. Soon enough i will be startin an XR100/CR80 conversion. That is, modding a CR80 frame to fit an XR100 engine.