Quantcast

My DJ sounds wierd

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Is your fork topping out? If so, check the oil level. Marzocchis are notorious for too little oil. If it is in fact a recent problem, and you don't remember losing oil anywhere, take everything apart and check tightness (including your quick release or qr20).

You can also try popping your shoulder back into place.

Phatswalla

Chimp
Jun 14, 2002
Seattle, WA
You might have messed up your cryofits/steerer tube. Stand your bike up on it's rear wheel and bounce it up and down a little and see if it makes the same clunk noise. If it does, just send it back to zoke and they'll fix it up for you.

Originally posted by unusualpunk
OK, I rock the hell out of my marz DJ. Well the last time i went riding, i noticed when I pulled up the front, to manual or what ever, i would hear this clunk sound? What does that mean?
i had the exact same problem and i pound my DJ1. turns out the rebound valve washer (a plastic washer in the very bottom of the right leg) has decinigrated into schrapnel (very common) and therefor i had no rebound damping. i would initially notice it when bunnyhopping, it would just top out with a pop.

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
My DJ1 tops out about every time I lift the front wheel. My DJ2 did the same, which eventually led to the lowers and my front wheel ejecting themselves from my bike mid-ride- at least they have a good warantee going.

Originally posted by unusualpunk
Thanks for the help guys, I will keep what you said in mind. I am wondering if that washer you are talking about is destroyed, does that mean I have to have the fork rebuilt?
the rebound washer can be easily replaced by yourself if you have the slightest bit of mechanical know how. not very dificult at all.

i've always service my forks myself. but i started way back when the marzocchi manuals actually contained useful information.