Quantcast

my dog ate a chocolate covered donut

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
lovebunny said:
what do i do?
Don't worry.

Chocolate is really dangerous, but a choco donut is not going to have enough actual chocolate to be lethal.

Keep him away from raw cocoa and dark chocolate though.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Hmm...also, it matters how big he is.

Is it a toy poodle?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
More:

Toxic Levels

The good news is that it takes, on average, a fairly large amount of theobromine 100-150 mg/kg to cause a toxic reaction. Although there are variables to consider like the individual sensitivity, animal size and chocolate concentration.

On average,
Milk chocolate contains 44 mg of theobromine per oz.
Semisweet chocolate contains 150mg/oz.
Baker's chocolate 390mg/oz.

Using a dose of 100 mg/kg as the toxic dose it comes out roughly as:
1 ounce per 1 pound of body weight for Milk chocolate
1 ounce per 3 pounds of body weight for Semisweet chocolate
1 ounce per 9 pounds of body weight for Baker's chocolate.

So, for example, 2 oz. of Baker's chocolate can cause great risk to an 15 lb. dog. Yet, 2 oz. of Milk chocolate usually will only cause digestive problems.
http://www.talktothevet.com/ARTICLES/DOGS/chocolatetoxic.HTM

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
T-Pirate said:
Don't worry, we've seen a weiner dog eat 6 chocolate chip muffins with "a little extra something" in them and he survived.
:rofl: I have a weiner dog, and he stole half of a chocolate chip muffin from me once. The hell, that's weird.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
anyone watch The Family Guy last night?

the part where Brian is in the afterlife, talking w/ ernest hemingway, vincent van gogh and kurt cobain? :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i never really watched it much (thought it was a pale version of Simpsons and South Park) but the episodes i saw last night were really funny. good stuff.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
narlus said:
anyone watch The Family Guy last night?

the part where Brian is in the afterlife, talking w/ ernest hemingway, vincent van gogh and kurt cobain? :D
Hadn't seen it in ages, but I was glad I saw it last night.

At one point, Stewie says: "None of your bees wax, Ramona!" to Brian. I've been looking for an opportunity to say that to a coworker all freaking day.

:rofl:

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
My dog has been eating chocolate at least once a week her whole life. She is 14 years old now and is as healthy as can be. She also eats chicken bones and rides with her head out the window. I know I am a bad owner for allowing my dog to do all the things that make her happy.

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Hope the doggie ok...

Reminds me of a story my friends wife tells (or it might be a vet joke that she tells as a story of her own, she is like that).
She is a vet, and during her residency (or whatever it is called for vets) the senior vet received a call from a dog owner freaking out because the dog ate almost a half ounce of weed. The conversation went something like...

Doctor (calmly): "Ok sir, do you have any milk on hand?",
Owner: Yes
Doctor (calmly): "Ok sir, do you have any cookies?",
Doctor (calmly): "Ok sir, do you have a TV?",
Doctor: "Ok, get a bowl, fill it with milk, get a few cookies, set them and the dog in front of the TV. Put some cartoon on, and check on him in a few hours. Call if anything bad happens"

There may have been more "ingredients" in the question and answer portion, but you all get the idea. I thought it was hilarious...

BTW, I loved Family Guys reason for Brian dying, when compared with the austere company he was in... Anyone else think that it was kinda cheap for FG to simply recycle the Stewie movie and call it a Season Finale?

Peace,
Marc

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My dog ate an entire box of chocolate covered cherries. Rather thasn risk it, I gave her a half cup of Hydrogen Peroxide usig a turkey baster and put her outside. About 20 minutes later, no more chocolate.

That wasn't as bad as the time she ate 4 Vivarin as a puppy. a 6 month old Rottie hopped up, not nice.

amerid

Chimp
Aug 31, 2017
what do i do?
Hey dude,

Donuts may look like empty calories. But, the sugar, fat and salt content present in it may affect your Fido’s healthy lifestyle. As a practice treat, it may lead to serious health issues like pancreatitis, diabetes, joint pain and much more issues. There is a greater chance of consuming chocolate donuts, which may even cause death. So, it’s better to avoid donuts in any form particularly no choco!! If you want to afford some donuts to your dog, then share him once in a year in limits!!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Hey dude,

Donuts may look like empty calories. But, the sugar, fat and salt content present in it may affect your Fido’s healthy lifestyle. As a practice treat, it may lead to serious health issues like pancreatitis, diabetes, joint pain and much more issues. There is a greater chance of consuming chocolate donuts, which may even cause death. So, it’s better to avoid donuts in any form particularly no choco!! If you want to afford some donuts to your dog, then share him once in a year in limits!!
Weirdest bot ever.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Wtf, I bet that dog is long dead too. One time my old dog stole a peanut butter and shroom bagel. Poor little guy had a great time.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I think google is a better choice to search in this situation. An RM thread is gonna move really slowly compared to googling "my dog ate a chocolate donut"
just sayin'