Quantcast

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
do you want some cheese with that whine? :nopity: you might have clicked on this thread, but I can assure you that blah blah blah listen to me think I'm smart
[bites tongue]

Doesn't hurt my feelings if you call me uneducated but there's no reason to resort to personal attacks. In fact, I'm actually very educated on the subject but I'll just finish up right now since arguing on the internet is pointless.

And what made you decide that I'm in high school? Because I hurt your feelings by calling you a redneck?

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
don't worry kenan, when the zombypacolypse begins i'll teach you how to survive......'cause i like ya, even though you're just a sniveling pinko bastard.
Sounds like a good deal for me. I'll bring some Korean BBQ tempeh with vegan mac and cheese to the gobbler and you can have as much as you want! :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
VERY nice indeed! My first wasn't as big. I am still waiting for Mr. right to cross my path :) Hopefully I will have more to add after this weekend (and yes, I am a chick that hunts and my husband really doesn't!)

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Since when did mountain bikers become such Nancy's? The people I met when I originally got into the sport were all about enjoying the outdoors and everything that went with it.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Since when did mountain bikers become such Nancy's? The people I met when I originally got into the sport were all about enjoying the outdoors and everything that went with it.
Some of us like enjoying the outdoors and everything in it without killing anything while we are out.

If it came down to me starving or the deer living I will kill it. But I see no need because I have trail mix when I am out and riding. You guys must get really hungry out there...

Some of us like enjoying the outdoors and everything in it without killing anything while we are out.

If it came down to me starving or the deer living I will kill it. But I see no need because I have trail mix when I am out and riding. You guys must get really hungry out there...
I have tried hunting and don't enjoy it; I'm much happier purchasing my dead animal parts. That's my bag, though. I know a lot of people who grew up as hunters and I coexist with them quite happily. We really aren't short on whitetails.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco

It's just a different activity, and anyone that says hunting with a gun is cheating has obviously never been. Besides, no one said you have to like it, just that making fun of hunters for being bad people is close-minded.

You're probably just upset cause the mean hunters make fun of your tight pants.

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
If you are a bike rider, you've probably encountered an ignorant fool or two who thinks all bikes riders are Nancies. How does it feel, Nancy?

:disgust1:

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
If you are a bike rider, you've probably encountered an ignorant fool or two who thinks all bikes riders are Nancies. How does it feel, Nancy?

:disgust1:
Irritating, but since I am aware of it, I should retaliate and poke fun at those who participate in activities I don't? That will really show them.

JacobDW

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Manassas, VA
HAHA thanks for the support guys! For the nay sayers I have a degree in wildlife science and have intentions to become a conservation police officer (game warden). Removing a few deer from a population will have NO impact what so ever on the population.... and as for the no overabundance argument... take a drive up 29, 66 or 522 and tally up the deer... should i get deeper into this? I could...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!

For starters you don't look very bright, but I give you props for eating what you kill if that's the case.

Squatting in a truck and posing for a photo with a dead animal that took little skill to "harvest" is prolly why all the haters think you're a redneck moron.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
a bunch of my friends up here hunt, i'm kind of tempted to get into it, venison is delicious.

i'd also like to add in the fact that without hunters, the fish and wildlife services in every state would not exist because hunting tags are their main source of revenue.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I had a delightful venison steak at a place called "fore street" in portland maine. It was served with some kind of bean and sausage, and came in this brown sauce that was simply incredible. Last time I was there they ditched it in favor of some other crap.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
For starters you don't look very bright, but I give you props for eating what you kill if that's the case.

Squatting in a truck and posing for a photo with a dead animal that took little skill to "harvest" is prolly why all the haters think you're a redneck moron.
:clapping:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I have yet to get my first, but it has been several years since I have been out. Enjoy the venison!

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco

I highly doubt many wealthy and intelligent people consider you to 'look very bright', but who's to really say that means much. Since when did looks determine smarts?

Have you considered all of the people that think you look like an overgrown child standing there with pics of your bike? You probably think that they're morons.

And again, hunting does take skill. It's a different skill-set, but it is by no means requiring of less skill than riding your bike down a trail.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So My responce to everyone who thinks Deer hunting is easy, and unsportsman like, unfair to the deer BLAH BLAH..... DO you eat meat? Seriously do you. Go to a slaughterhouse some day, then come back and tell me what you think about Beef or Pork or Chicken for that matter. You think this is bad? Do you eat fish??? ever seen how commercial fishing is done???? Big ass nets!!!! If you buy a fish sandwich as McDonalds you think someone waited on the end of a poll tog et that fish? No try again.

ANyways, as long as your eating the kill, and not just waisting it, or killing just to get your trophy, then its all good. Follow the rules, dont poach. Slug hunting isnt easy, it sure as hell isnt a long range weapon either.

By the way, to the OP, you have any extra you want to send my way????? I will pay shipping. Havent had Vinison for some time, but I do have some antelope coming from a friend next week.

By the way, we didnt choose to raise cattle for food because they taste better, we chose them because there the dumbest, and easier to kill.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Nice. I'd love to get that lucky. Hate the damn deer, got a massive over population problem here with them to the point that you are required to kill a doe during the season along with bucks. Already had a few close calls with deer this fall when on trail rides.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I highly doubt many wealthy and intelligent people consider you to 'look very bright', but who's to really say that means much. Since when did looks determine smarts?

Have you considered all of the people that think you look like an overgrown child standing there with pics of your bike? You probably think that they're morons.

And again, hunting does take skill. It's a different skill-set, but it is by no means requiring of less skill than riding your bike down a trail.
Fail.

I think when we see what AmishKiller's blue sticker has to say will clear up a couple of questions...

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
We have a guy at our local range that can drop a two in group at a hundred yard with a slug gun and a scope. Its pretty impressive, and scary at the same time. normal rifle sounds coming down the line.... then BLAM Cannon fire
that is pretty good, but still dumb.
like these:

or my favorite:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
really?
he was at a whoping 10 yards! gun is sighted for 50 yards, but i didnt need it. Heard him doin his thing all morning, then he just landed in my lap and showed up out of some brush, as soon as I saw how big he was i knew I wanted him; so I pulled the trigger!

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
[bites tongue]

Doesn't hurt my feelings if you call me uneducated but there's no reason to resort to personal attacks. In fact, I'm actually very educated on the subject but I'll just finish up right now since arguing on the internet is pointless.

And what made you decide that I'm in high school? Because I hurt your feelings by calling you a redneck?
very educated on what subject? doesn't sound like a whole lot to me...

What made you decide I'm a redneck? because I stood up for them?
lol I'm far from a redneck, dude. never said i was one. grew up in western VA and was always around 'em, but sure as hell ain't one myself, no offense.
I personally don't even hunt deer.

and I figured you were in high school because of your idiotic, un-needed comment that was pretty hypocritical of someone who is supposed to possess the knowledge and social tolerance of a "Dr."

sorry for the thread hijacking! nice first score Jacob!

wanabe

Monkey
Mar 16, 2007
So My responce to everyone who thinks Deer hunting is easy, and unsportsman like, unfair to the deer BLAH BLAH..... DO you eat meat? Seriously do you. Go to a slaughterhouse some day, then come back and tell me what you think about Beef or Pork or Chicken for that matter. You think this is bad? Do you eat fish??? ever seen how commercial fishing is done???? Big ass nets!!!! If you buy a fish sandwich as McDonalds you think someone waited on the end of a poll tog et that fish? No try again.

ANyways, as long as your eating the kill, and not just waisting it, or killing just to get your trophy, then its all good. Follow the rules, dont poach. Slug hunting isnt easy, it sure as hell isnt a long range weapon either.

By the way, to the OP, you have any extra you want to send my way????? I will pay shipping. Havent had Vinison for some time, but I do have some antelope coming from a friend next week.

By the way, we didnt choose to raise cattle for food because they taste better, we chose them because there the dumbest, and easier to kill.
I am vegitarian because of the issues you have just mentioned. Sport hunting is barbaric and just disturbing. I don't understand how a good person can go put a bullit in another creature for the fun of it. That makes them, not a good person. If you need to kill to feed your family because you are poor, totaly different story.

This sh1t does not belong on a Mt. bike forum. Get off your sisters and go ride a bike.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!

That gave me a headache 3 times.

I grew up in the Midwest. I hunted, fished, camped, killed ants with a magnifying glass too. I also watched my Grandfather go nuts and blast the fuq out of a very large and pregnant racoon who had just taken the throat out of one of his dogs in the middle of a pond. That was a fun 8th birthday party...

I do think people should kill what they eat at least once a year, but to go all nimrod is another story.

"Baby, I killed one!"

"What?"

"Get the camera!"

"What's going on?"

"Just get the fuggin camera!"

"There's no film left."

"The one from Walmart that don't need no film! Hurry up!"

"OK, wait, hand me my gun before ya take it. Gimme my damn gun!" "I'm so happy right now baby, I'm so happy!"

"My shows on and dinner is cold."

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Fail.

I think when we see what AmishKiller's blue sticker has to say will clear up a couple of questions...
This is all leading me to believe that you aren't very well to do, nor do you associate yourself with those that are. Hunting is somewhat of a wealthy man's sport. I'd hardly consider all of them rednecks.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
I am vegitarian because of the issues you have just mentioned. Sport hunting is barbaric and just disturbing. I don't understand how a good person can go put a bullit in another creature for the fun of it. That makes them, not a good person. If you need to kill to feed your family because you are poor, totaly different story.

This sh1t does not belong on a Mt. bike forum. Get off your sisters and go ride a bike.

You had a good point going with the poor family/necessity issue, but then TOTALLY blew it when you said "Get off your sisters". Is everyone on this damn site anymore a freshman in high school? I mean the dude can't even spell VEGETARIAN right. seriously?

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
That gave me a headache 3 times.

I grew up in the Midwest. I hunted, fished, camped, killed ants with a magnifying glass too. I also watched my Grandfather go nuts and blast the fuq out of a very large and pregnant racoon who had just taken the throat out of one of his dogs in the middle of a pond. That was a fun 8th birthday party...

I do think people should kill what they eat at least once a year, but to go all nimrod is another story.

"Baby, I killed one!"

"What?"

"Get the camera!"

"What's going on?"

"Just get the fuggin camera!"

"There's no film left."

"The one from Walmart that don't need no film! Hurry up!"

"OK, wait, hand me my gun before ya take it. Gimme my damn gun!" "I'm so happy right now baby, I'm so happy!"

"My shows on and dinner is cold."
Ha! and you think cyclists don't do this too? Every group of people is going to have people that get excited about what they love doing... and they should.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005

hunting for deer is a far more sustainable practice than going to the supermarket and buying some meat. i don't agree with sport hunting and i know a handful of hunters who don't like it either.

i'm going to go eat some bacon and think of you, hippie.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Couple guys at the same range that have a couple looking like that. Talked to them a few times, Boars are what theya re going for. there preferances are for a .357 or a .44 with a 13 in barrel, ranges are usually aroind 150 to 200 yards from a laying on your back position. These guys are good, litle strap on there ankle the gun rests on while aiming, head tilted up just enough to be able to sight your target. last time I was there Dude was sighting in for 200 yards.