Quantcast

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
:huh::huh:
Honestly, he is telling the truth.

In a lot of areas animals, without predators, will over breed and out eat their food supplies. Unfortunately groups like The Sierra Club and others have created this issue.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Oh the fun I could have with this statement!!!
Man, I slay the bearded clam like I am a pro angler, and I destroy the pink porpoise like my name was Bill Clinton, but regular fish is my mortal enemy.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Honestly, he is telling the truth.

In a lot of areas animals, without predators, will over breed and out eat their food supplies. Unfortunately groups like The Sierra Club and others have created this issue.
i dont think whale conservationist kill whales do they?

Bob Barker said it best..."dont forget to have you pet spayed or neutered."

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
i dont think whale conservationist kill whales do they?

Bob Barker said it best..."dont forget to have you pet spayed or neutered."

I tried having my pet Wildebeest neutered once. Man, was the vet's office a mess after that....

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
That would make for one hell of a Monkeyfest feast.
Hell yeah, I'd be good for that one.

Too bad most here in Cali are so infested with Ticks, or you're worried about someone else shooting you Hunting isn't the safest sport. I'm sure riding our trails with the Nazi hikers sabotaging them is safer.

Good hunt though!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I used to do a fair bit of deer hunting and boar hunting when I was back in NZ. I don't anymore, but still love to eat the catch!

I could still probably portion up the beast into separate cuts like a surgeon too.

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
good job man. i hate deer, jerkey is bomb though. i actually got my second deer last night, got the bitch with my truck doin 60, the thing didnt even make it off the road, sucka chump. chevy grille to tha face

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Deer hunting does not take skill. I almost plowed over a deer on the trail a week ago at dusk.

I hit one with a car a few years ago. If I can "bag" One with a Oldsmobile then you should be able to snag one with a gun pretty easy.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
This thread sucks. People crapping on this guys parade just to crap. At least "try" to argue interestingly or funny.

Congratulation for all participants in turning the Lounge into General Discussion MTBR style.

Hooray for the suck.

Actually Dirt had me chuckling a few times, but that still is outweighed by the weight of suck, i want my money back.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Actually Dirt had me chuckling a few times, but that still is outweighed by the weight of suck, i want my money back.
I'll try harder next time. Sometimes getting past the suck is like trying to get George Bush to admit the Saudi's are not our friends.

Monkey
This thread sucks. People crapping on this guys parade just to crap. At least "try" to argue interestingly or funny.

Congratulation for all participants in turning the Lounge into General Discussion MTBR style.

Hooray for the suck.

but come on, it's a thread involving a shotgun AND a deer.

I didn't expect anything less from Ridemonkey.

on topic, that should fill the freezer for a few months. Better a hunter enjoying eating it than being hit by a Prius.

JacobDW

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Manassas, VA
Those of you who say hunting takes no skill have obviously never tried it. They few deer you encounter in your life are most likely in areas of heavy human activity, making these deer accustomed to humans. This property is in the heart of 600 acres of staunch farts who dont allow people to hunt. meaning these deer have not had close contact with humans.

I spent 2 months tracking this herd, noting their movements, patterns and schedules all for November 15. The first time i found this herd and started to stalk them I could only get within 300yds before they spooked. Getting within 100yds of any of these individuals for a shot is very trying as deer have very keen senses.

But maybe its just dumb redneck luck that I could read the signs and use the landscape and my degree to my advantage.

ALSO this was not a trophy hunt. I would have taken the same shot on a doe if she had been first to my stand, I had a shot on a doe on saturday but she spooked because my scope was not turned on and she saw my hand move to turn it on. AND I hunt from the ground (eye level of the deer), no tree stands (If God wanted me up in the trees I would have wings or squirrel feet)

BTW how do you know lettuce doesnt scream when you cut its head off or rip it out of the ground?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I have no idea why I clicked on this thread.

I'll respect redneck hunters when they start hunting with their bare hands. Or hell, I'd be cool with them even using a knife. But the dogs and high powered guns are a little bit cheap. And no we don't have an "overpopulation problem." :crazy:
hippie.. ;)

Nah, don't let all the haters bring you down. I am not a deer hunter, but my dad is and I sure enjoy all the fresh, steroid free meat. Nice buck.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
If you are a veg(whatever) and don't participate or agree with hunting because your conscience won't allow it FINE. Growing up in urban environments, I never had the chance to do so even though I've been a target shooter since elementary school. Now I live in the country and if I get an invite to hunt private land, I jump at the opportunity. Why? Because it is comforting as a man to know that if I had to, I could feed my family with my rifle. It is anything but easy as you have to know how to use the terrain, weather conditions, wind speed and direction, visibility, etc. to your advantage if you are to be consistently successful. Like any pursuit, fate can smile warmly on rare occasions and deliver your quarry to you but it's the exception rather than the rule. It takes great skill(or great rationing) to eat regularly what your rifle brings down.

It's probably a good thing that so many "men" these days don't know how to survive without being firmly attached to the tit of civilization. God forbid it ever happen but should the $hit hit the fan, we would compete for the same scarce resources for only about a month. Those with survival or political skill would then soldier on with their families while the deadweight veal release all their nutrients back into the ecosystem. I've just never understood how a male can call himself a man with a straight face without being able to protect and provide for himself and his family. You never really know how close the visigoths are to the gates and blithely sleepwalking through your existance and refusing to take ownership of your own survival makes you far more foolish than any deer of the field.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
You are right alot of people don`t realize is most hunters make ethical shots ,we do not want to injur an animal with out dong it ethicaly ,we are conservationist we do spend the most money for the care of the enviroment for animals
Yeah, bull****.

Only as a consequence of the Pittman-Robertson Act and the fact that Hunters are forced to pay for licenses do they contribute money to "care" for the environment.
And in reality, most of these State Fish and Game Agencies that take your license money care only about the game animals, not the "conservation" of resources.
Im sure there are indeed plenty of Hunters out there who are true conservationists, but don't even try to use that broad brush to somehow paint Hunters as lovers of the environment. Most hunters I know deny global warming, think it's their god-given right to destroy public watersheds with ATVs and think that endangered species should all just die.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It's probably a good thing that so many "men" these days don't know how to survive without being firmly attached to the tit of civilization. God forbid it ever happen but should the $hit hit the fan, we would compete for the same scarce resources for only about a month. Those with survival or political skill would then soldier on with their families while the deadweight veal release all their nutrients back into the ecosystem. I've just never understood how a male can call himself a man with a straight face without being able to protect and provide for himself and his family. You never really know how close the visigoths are to the gates and blithely sleepwalking through your existance and refusing to take ownership of your own survival makes you far more foolish than any deer of the field.
youre right, those of us who dont hunt arent realy men...real convincing theory there chief.
its people like you that think the apocalypse is coming and we all need to get back to our caveman roots to kill our food and club our woman to prove they are ours. your comments just prove how idiotic you are. do you really think that "the sht will hit the fan" and we will all be forced to kill our own food like our ancestors did hundreds of years ago? maybe we all should embrace our roots and get back to killing animals and show corporate america how much super markets suck.
and when the sht hits the fan, im blasting all the morons outa my way just to prove im a big burly man.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Yeah, bull****.

Only as a consequence of the Pittman-Robertson Act and the fact that Hunters are forced to pay for licenses do they contribute money to "care" for the environment.
And in reality, most of these State Fish and Game Agencies that take your license money care only about the game animals, not the "conservation" of resources.
Im sure there are indeed plenty of Hunters out there who are true conservationists, but don't even try to use that broad brush to somehow paint Hunters as lovers of the environment. Most hunters I know deny global warming, think it's their god-given right to destroy public watersheds with ATVs and think that endangered species should all just die.
So the few you know will put us all into one basket ,must be the hemp made blinders,that let you only see what you want ,most I know build wood duck nesting boxes ,help at the Hatcherys ,and go out in the dead of winter to help feed Elk and Deer because their food source is now limited ,and the Global warming BS look it up moron the guy who fathomed this is idea has proved him self ,the earth has cycles find his own charts read them then speak .ATV riders who destroy water sheds dam them they are not true hunters they are a diffrent group ,the indangered species all dying what a crock ,you should not be so quick to judge ,with limted knowlage ,I belong to several groups to protect the enviroment for animals CCA .North West Steel Headers Oregon Hunters Assciation ,and when I can I volunteer ,with my sons,Oh yeah and I`am a tree killer to

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
For starters you don't look very bright, but I give you props for eating what you kill if that's the case.

Squatting in a truck and posing for a photo with a dead animal that took little skill to "harvest" is prolly why all the haters think you're a redneck moron.
Just in case you were ever confused Brian, I doubt many think you have a degree in quantum physics. Just sayin'. :busted:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
youre right, those of us who dont hunt arent realy men...
He didn't say that. He said you should have the skills to be able to should the need arise. Things like marksmanship (with a firearm or bow and arrow) and self defense have a long tradition in manhood dating back thousands of years. Just because the world has gotten so convenient in the last 100 years doesn't mean things won't ever change. And in reality, we've all traded autonomy for convenience on some level... there's something not right about that.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
So the few you know will put us all into one basket ,must be the hemp made blinders,that let you only see what you want ,most I know build wood duck nesting boxes ,help at the Hatcherys ,and go out in the dead of winter to help feed Elk and Deer because their food source is now limited ,and the Global warming BS look it up moron the guy who fathomed this is idea has proved him self ,the earth has cycles find his own charts read them then speak .ATV riders who destroy water sheds dam them they are not true hunters they are a diffrent group ,the indangered species all dying what a crock ,you should not be so quick to judge ,with limted knowlage ,I belong to several groups to protect the enviroment for animals CCA .North West Steel Headers Oregon Hunters Assciation ,and when I can I volunteer ,with my sons,Oh yeah and I`am a tree killer to
:rofl:
Exactly my point.
Go on any hunting forum and read their little version of the political board and you'll see crap like I bolded here. Denial of any true environmental issue. True conservationists do not think this way. But thanks for proving my point about only helping the animals you can catch or kill.
Feeding the elk
Helping gamefish at a hatchery.
Building boxes for ducks so you can shoot them later.

Good thing you volunteer. :rolleyes:

By the way, Im more than a little involved in the field of natural resources and deal with more hunters and fishermen on a daily basis than I'd like to.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
He didn't say that. He said you should have the skills to be able to should the need arise. Things like marksmanship (with a firearm or bow and arrow) and self defense have a long tradition in manhood dating back thousands of years. Just because the world has gotten so convenient in the last 100 years doesn't mean things won't ever change. And in reality, we've all traded autonomy for convenience on some level... there's something not right about that.
actually he did say that if we dont know how to survive or hunt, then none of us are men.
things have gotten great in the last hundred years, and i dont think that will change anytime soon...unless theres a fallout b/w some country no one can pronounce.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
youre right, those of us who dont hunt arent realy men...real convincing theory there chief.
its people like you that think the apocalypse is coming and we all need to get back to our caveman roots to kill our food and club our woman to prove they are ours. your comments just prove how idiotic you are. do you really think that "the sht will hit the fan" and we will all be forced to kill our own food like our ancestors did hundreds of years ago? maybe we all should embrace our roots and get back to killing animals and show corporate america how much super markets suck.
and when the sht hits the fan, im blasting all the morons outa my way just to prove im a big burly man.
That's not exactly what I said. I'm only new to the hunting aspect myself. My point is that as a man, you should be responsible and proactive enough to learn how to take care of yourself and your family even if the power goes out and supermarket is no longer stocked. I don't think the apocalypse is coming anytime soon(though getting in touch with your roots or hunting aren't bad), cavemen didn't have 30-06s and I'd rather bed women than club them. Don't make me laugh by comparing your intelligence to my own, though, or your manliness. Now get your soft, sensitive ass back to spooning your plushie and leave the thinking and the mens work to your betters.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That's not exactly what I said. I'm only new to the hunting aspect myself. My point is that as a man, you should be responsible and proactive enough to learn how to take care of yourself and your family even if the power goes out and supermarket is no longer stocked. I don't think the apocalypse is coming anytime soon(though getting in touch with your roots or hunting aren't bad), cavemen didn't have 30-06s and I'd rather bed women than club them. Don't make me laugh by comparing your intelligence to my own, though, or your manliness. Now get your soft, sensitive ass back to spooning your plushie and leave the thinking and the mens work to your betters.
your comments continue to make me laugh. thank you for starting my day with a laugh.
thank god for MEN like you that know how to kill animals when the sht hits the fan. ill be sure to use my political power to take your food from you when the proverbial sht hits the fan.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
your comments continue to make me laugh. thank you for starting my day with a laugh.
thank god for MEN like you that know how to kill animals when the sht hits the fan. ill be sure to use my political power to take your food from you when the proverbial sht hits the fan.
My pleasure. Would your political power equate roughly to your ability to orally waterlog penis under atmospheric vacuum? What are you... short bus class president...dungeonmaster...King of Mars?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
My pleasure. Would your political power equate roughly to your ability to orally waterlog penis under atmospheric vacuum? What are you... short bus class president...dungeonmaster...King of Mars?
as ive said before, im not high enough yet to understand your gibberish.

under your post-apocalyptic world, you said those with survival or political skill would "soldier on". thankfully i have both, but would use my political skill to take your freshly killed animal from you..:rofl:

and no, im a grand wizard.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
but come on, it's a thread involving a shotgun AND a deer.

I didn't expect anything less from Ridemonkey.

on topic, that should fill the freezer for a few months. Better a hunter enjoying eating it than being hit by a Prius.

That my friend is NOT a shot gun, it does NOT fire shot rounds. Notice the lack of a choke, notice the straight barrel, notice the 1x scope. That my friend is a slug gun, that means ONE projectile, and zero spread.

Maybe thats why alot of people were upset, there thinking dude pumped a couple rounds of 00 buck to get a kill.

I cant belive this thread is still going

Last edited:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
very educated on what subject? doesn't sound like a whole lot to me...

What made you decide I'm a redneck? because I stood up for them?
lol I'm far from a redneck, dude. never said i was one. grew up in western VA and was always around 'em, but sure as hell ain't one myself, no offense.
I personally don't even hunt deer.

and I figured you were in high school because of your idiotic, un-needed comment that was pretty hypocritical of someone who is supposed to possess the knowledge and social tolerance of a "Dr."

There you go personal attacking again. Sorry I got your panties in a bunch by calling you a redneck [read above post]. It's always funny that the ones who can't articulate any sort of sensible point just resort to name calling.

And for the record, I'm standing by my decision to sit this one out. I'd rather keep calling people rednecks because the response is priceless!