Quantcast

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I've grown up with this delusion:
My land = my choice.

If the sierra club, my neighbor, the local HOA or Jeebus himself dislikes what I am doing with it, he can make me an offer on the land if he wants to conserve it, or not use it, or do as he pleases with it.

This is, at the very truth, why I can never ever live in CA again. First eco-hippie that showed up on my doorstep to protest me doing as I want with MY land would be the first one I put in the back yard for compost.

It sickens me to think this is what we've digressed to as a nation. What's mine is mine, what's yours is yours, but stay the **** out of my yard...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
i can't believe 'small penis' has not been used as a tag in another thread.
No doubt; some smarmy oaf always has to suggest that anything enjoyed as manly or testosterone-fueled(fast cars, large guns, etc.) necessarily is so by men "overcompensating" for a wee willie. There is no basis for perpetuating such a myth but the word "penis" is funny and earns cheap laughs so SOMEBODY will always regurgitate it. Sorry unoriginal budget comedians but there are guys that like manly things who sport big hogs and make no apologies for their likes and dislikes.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I've grown up with this delusion:
My land = my choice.

If the sierra club, my neighbor, the local HOA or Jeebus himself dislikes what I am doing with it, he can make me an offer on the land if he wants to conserve it, or not use it, or do as he pleases with it.

This is, at the very truth, why I can never ever live in CA again. First eco-hippie that showed up on my doorstep to protest me doing as I want with MY land would be the first one I put in the back yard for compost.

It sickens me to think this is what we've digressed to as a nation. What's mine is mine, what's yours is yours, but stay the **** out of my yard...

um no

What if you just bought a house. You move in. Some guy buys the property next to you and uses it to store vast amounts of nuclear waste, cause he can make a ****load of money. Your hair proceeds to fall out. Still feel the same?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
edit: now that's not to say that when someone buys land they can't do anything to it, i just think that whatever they plan on doing with the land should be cleared with someone who understands the environmental impacts of the changes. more people need to take conservation into consideration.
hello exactly

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
No doubt; some smarmy oaf always has to suggest that anything enjoyed as manly or testosterone-fueled(fast cars, large guns, etc.) necessarily is so by men "overcompensating" for a wee willie. There is no basis for perpetuating such a myth but the word "penis" is funny and earns cheap laughs so SOMEBODY will always regurgitate it. Sorry unoriginal budget comedians but there are guys that like manly things who sport big hogs and make no apologies for their likes and dislikes.
so you are saying you meat gaze in the gun club locker room?

JacobDW

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Manassas, VA
What's funny is that you all of a sudden want to cast me as some kind of tree hugger, which couldn't be further from the truth, as I have enjoyed hunting myself over the years. Im just calling you out on the BS assertion that hunters are these great conservationists when they, by and large and just like you, make these very obvious denials of true environmental issues that I've mentioned here. I live and work in this field, so to try and invalidate my opinion as being "media driven" is a cop-out for the argument you don't have.
Burley I live in work in the nat res. community and I still dont beleive that 'global warming' is anthropcentric...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I have no idea why I clicked on this thread.

I'll respect redneck hunters when they start hunting with their bare hands. Or hell, I'd be cool with them even using a knife. But the dogs and high powered guns are a little bit cheap. And no we don't have an "overpopulation problem." :crazy:
:clapping::clapping:...uh no :plthumbsdown:

Last edited:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
um no

What if you just bought a house. You move in. Some guy buys the property next to you and uses it to store vast amounts of nuclear waste, cause he can make a ****load of money. Your hair proceeds to fall out. Still feel the same?
lol too funny. i can't believe you're actually serious. so far from an actually possible situation it can't even be considered 'hypothetical' because it will never happen.

didn't know there were this many hippie sympathetics on RM *cough*BMXman*cough*

people have hunted animals for MILLENIA. they will continue to do so for millenia to come. maybe not for survival reasons anymore, but the principal is still basically the same. population control/providing for family.
get over it hippies. YOU are the minority. open your closed minds.

There's an overpopulation problem all right, but it certainly isn't with the deer.
gotta agree with that one! wish there was an open idiot season. the gene pool needs to be slimmed down anyways.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Have you seen the breakdown of population and metropolitan areas lately? 93% of the population of the US lives in built up areas. The vast majority of these people do not hunt. I am 100% positive that those who hunt are in the vast minority compared to those who do not find sport in killing wild animals.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Have you seen the breakdown of population and metropolitan areas lately? 93% of the population of the US lives in built up areas. The vast majority of these people do not hunt. I am 100% positive that those who hunt are in the vast minority compared to those who do not find sport in killing wild animals.
what do you know? you're Canadian :busted:

"About 70% of the population of the United States lives within the boundaries of urbanized area (210 out of 300 million). Combined, these areas occupy about 2% of the United States. The majority of urbanized area residents are suburbanites; core central city residents make up about 30% of the urbanized area population (about 60 out of 210 million)."

Glad they are content staying in their cities on the couch eating fast food and letting us outdoor oriented people use the other 98% of land area and having a great time hunting, fishing, biking, and backpacking.

uh what care to elaborate??
you seemed to agree with drkenan's views about people killing animals with knives or their bare hands instead of actually respecting someones lifestyle and recreational choices.

probably 50 years ago or less, people hunting were much closer to being a majority, if not half of the population. why was it so much more accepted then? because US citizens have evolved into people who would rather stare at a hypnotic picture box, play video games, or do absolutely nothing instead of actually getting outside and doing something productive.
hunting is mainly a family tradition. very rarely do kids tell their non-hunting parents that they want to start shooting animals. the tradition has been greatly diminished over the years due to people demeaning hunting as "unethical, harmful and unneeded", when in reality it has been done for thousands (if not millions) of years and will continue to do so, even if in very small percentages of the population.

and since people seem to want to live in houses 5 feet from their neighbor and disgustingly crowd urban areas because they need to be 'closer to work and the conveniences of life", I'm assuming that 98% majority of land area will be available for us to use for many years to come! :)

edit: I am not aiming this at any one person. All of us who ride bikes are great people and appreciate the land instead of taking it for granted.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
what do you know? you're Canadian :busted:

"About 70% of the population of the United States lives within the boundaries of urbanized area (210 out of 300 million). Combined, these areas occupy about 2% of the United States. The majority of urbanized area residents are suburbanites; core central city residents make up about 30% of the urbanized area population (about 60 out of 210 million)."

Glad they are content staying in their cities on the couch eating fast food and letting us outdoor oriented people use the other 98% of land area and having a great time hunting, fishing, biking, and backpacking.
In other words, you are wrong, and are in the vast minority. :clapping:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
In all seriousness (since I don't choose to hunt), why can't people learn to hunt with their bare hands or a knife? If this thread were about those dudes that go out and catch catfish without the aid of anything, I wouldn't have said anything. That's fair - as nature intended.

Until I see Jacob hanging from a tree branch with a knife between his teeth, ready to pounce the next deer that comes along, my heckling will continue.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Seems like most are missing the most important point to this post.

There was venison served for dinner:thumb: Dish that up with a nice Cab or Merlot and you're living the dream:monkeydance:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
In all seriousness (since I don't choose to hunt), why can't people learn to hunt with their bare hands or a knife? If this thread were about those dudes that go out and catch catfish without the aid of anything, I wouldn't have said anything. That's fair - as nature intended.

Until I see Jacob hanging from a tree branch with a knife between his teeth, ready to pounce the next deer that comes along, my heckling will continue.
First of all, Noodling is so crazy. Much respect to those loonie rednecks. Never ever would I stick my entire arm into an underwater hole. If you can somehow find the movie 'Okie-Noodling', your life will be changed. It's a must-see.

and on the topic of hunting with your bare hands, it will never happen. there is no way possible a human could kill a deer without a weapon. cavemen were 10000x tougher than we will ever be and even they used a spear (granted those animals were a little bigger :))

I think there is only one person capable of killing a big game animal with his hands or a knife (or teeth!), and it's none other than...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
and on the topic of hunting with your bare hands, it will never happen. there is no way possible a human could kill a deer without a weapon. cavemen were 10000x tougher than we will ever be and even they used a spear (granted those animals were a little bigger :))

agreed...I would have much more respect for a hunter if they actually made the weapon they went hunting with though....D

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
agreed...I would have much more respect for a hunter if they actually made the weapon they went hunting with though....D
good point.

I actually know a couple of borderline-insane country boys who are somehow extremely skilled gunsmiths and both have built from scratch their own .45 and .50 6-shooters that they hunt trophy deer and hogs further south with.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
so you are saying you meat gaze in the gun club locker room?
You don't? :shocked:

:biggrin: Actually I don't belong to any gun clubs, per se. I am an NRA Life Member, though, and proud of it. I've also yet to disrobe or be in the presence those disrobed while handling firearms. Hot brass burns, ya know, and I've seen what it can do to bosoms when ejected from a semi-auto into the gaping maws of blouses buttoned for attention's sake. I have no desire to see what it could correspondingly do to my junk.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
lol too funny. i can't believe you're actually serious. so far from an actually possible situation it can't even be considered 'hypothetical' because it will never happen.

didn't know there were this many hippie sympathetics on RM *cough*BMXman*cough*

people have hunted animals for MILLENIA. they will continue to do so for millenia to come. maybe not for survival reasons anymore, but the principal is still basically the same. population control/providing for family.
seeing as how that post was about land use rights, why are you referring to hunting again? you don't seem to have much to say on this whole subject aside from the fact that you think all of the hippies are wrong and stupid. why not make a contribution to this thread by posting up your opinion with some good reasons backing it up. all you seem to be doing is attacking the people who don't agree with you.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
You don't? :shocked:

:biggrin: Actually I don't belong to any gun clubs, per se. I am an NRA Life Member, though, and proud of it. I've also yet to disrobe or be in the presence those disrobed while handling firearms. Hot brass burns, ya know, and I've seen what it can do to bosoms when ejected from a semi-auto into the gaping maws of blouses buttoned for attention's sake. I have no desire to see what it could correspondingly do to my junk.
:rofl:

You got a way with words my friend!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
JUst out of shear curiosity, how do I get a NO on My statement there. How many products do the average Americans use everyday that directly support the killing or abuse of animals? Drink Milk? go to a Dairy farm see how the Cows are treated. Make ups, food products, Shoes Jackets..... There is a ton of items people use everyday they dont realize directly supports Killing/abuse of animals. Tough one to argue there

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
JUst out of shear curiosity, how do I get a NO on My statement there. How many products do the average Americans use everyday that directly support the killing or abuse of animals? Drink Milk? go to a Dairy farm see how the Cows are treated. Make ups, food products, Shoes Jackets..... There is a ton of items people use everyday they dont realize directly supports Killing/abuse of animals. Tough one to argue there
trust me I know a lot more about animal farming then you...and last I checked there wasn't a single ranch in the US or Canada that killed cows for milk or leather...they are by-products. Meat is the main reason after that does it really matter the animal is dead. I would rather them use as much as they could vs. wasting it...D

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
seeing as how that post was about land use rights, why are you referring to hunting again? you don't seem to have much to say on this whole subject aside from the fact that you think all of the hippies are wrong and stupid. why not make a contribution to this thread by posting up your opinion with some good reasons backing it up. all you seem to be doing is attacking the people who don't agree with you.
um, i referred to hunting again because that's what this entire thread is about. if i wanted to refer to you, i would have mentioned you. and I wouldn't consider a laughable, impossible "hypothetical" situation about storing nuclear waste in your back yard a "land-use" issue.

did i say all hippies are wrong/stupid? no. i've got plenty of hippie friends and they are *gasp* OPEN MINDED, unlike many people on RM it seems. sure, they might laugh at hunters and get pissed at timber companies, but they understand that people do different things for fun and not everyone can conform to their standards. it's called mutual respect. learn it.

you wanna know my opinion?

I feel that hunting is totally fine. It is not unethical, inhumane, or any other scare tactic-related words used by PETA and ALF. People all over the country (or world for that matter) hunt something, and there is nothing wrong with that. That is their recreational choice, just as the same way you and I choose to ride our bikes as much as possible.

Hunting is not barbaric, it's completely normal. If your ancestors hadn't hunted, you wouldn't be here today. I don't think hunters should learn how to kill animals with a knife because hunting IS actually more challenging than it sounds and those who disagree have never been. I will bet money. Shooting a gun or bow accurately require a certain skillset and that must be respected just as bicycle riding skills should be respected.

And next time you are riding in a state or national park that allows hunting during specific seasons, you should be thanking the hunters actually. The Pittman-Robertson Act is an 11% tax on all hunting goods including guns and ammo. Since it's inception, it's created over $5 billion of revenue for states, not to mention the 1:3 ratio of state to federal funds matching. Sure, the money is used for a variety of things but quite a bit goes towards maintaining and managing those parks we all love and ride in during the hunting off seasons.

Good enough?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
um, i referred to hunting again because that's what this entire thread is about. if i wanted to refer to you, i would have mentioned you. and I wouldn't consider a laughable, impossible "hypothetical" situation about storing nuclear waste in your back yard a "land-use" issue.

did i say all hippies are wrong/stupid? no. i've got plenty of hippie friends and they are *gasp* OPEN MINDED, unlike many people on RM it seems. sure, they might laugh at hunters and get pissed at timber companies, but they understand that people do different things for fun and not everyone can conform to their standards. it's called mutual respect. learn it.

you wanna know my opinion?

I feel that hunting is totally fine. It is not unethical, inhumane, or any other scare tactic-related words used by PETA and ALF. People all over the country (or world for that matter) hunt something, and there is nothing wrong with that. That is their recreational choice, just as the same way you and I choose to ride our bikes as much as possible.

Hunting is not barbaric, it's completely normal. If your ancestors hadn't hunted, you wouldn't be here today. I don't think hunters should learn how to kill animals with a knife because hunting IS actually more challenging than it sounds and those who disagree have never been. I will bet money. Shooting a gun or bow accurately require a certain skillset and that must be respected just as bicycle riding skills should be respected.

And next time you are riding in a state or national park that allows hunting during specific seasons, you should be thanking the hunters actually. The Pittman-Robertson Act is an 11% tax on all hunting goods including guns and ammo. Since it's inception, it's created over $5 billion of revenue for states, not to mention the 1:3 ratio of state to federal funds matching. Sure, the money is used for a variety of things but quite a bit goes towards maintaining and managing those parks we all love and ride in during the hunting off seasons.

Good enough?
You win.:clapping:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
trust me I know a lot more about animal farming then you...and last I checked there wasn't a single ranch in the US or Canada that killed cows for milk or leather...they are by-products. Meat is the main reason after that does it really matter the animal is dead. I would rather them use as much as they could vs. wasting it...D
Its not a matter of knowing more about farming, its a fact that if you are buying a leather jacket, boots, shoes whatever, you are still supporting and contributing to animal abuse/killing.

I know Cows arent slaughtered for leather, I know they are slaughtered for the meat. Go back, read the first part of what I said again. It was a statement aimed at those that are praising not killing animals, and putting any and all animal cruelty as something they are never a part of. I called out that just being a vegetarian does not mean you no longer contribute to those factors.

Now, lets talk about that wonderfull Dairy farm, where animals are no longer breeding in a natural manor, They are being breed to exacting standards, no more natural semmination, its done by a ranch hand reachin up the rar, stimulating the "Cervix" and artificially semminating the Cow. All in the name of making life better, having a product that by nature we were not intended to continue to have as our body's age, but we just take from another animal.

By the way, how is your leg doing?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Well to add to the Drama of this thread.....I am going to light up the grill, and cook up me some Antelope. Not sure what I will season it with yet, but either way, It will be good, Much Much tastier than a cow.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
are you gonna set the webcam up so we can watch it marinade?
And slowly pleasure ourselves to the thought of tasty, tasty game meats?

Wow, this thread has really turned into kicking a dead deer..