• · XT hubs, Mavic 823 tubeless disk rims
  • · Shock: Fox Float RLC RP23 shock 8.5 X 2.5”
  • · Fork: Fox 32 Float RLC
  • · Cane Creek headset

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Dammit, this makes me angry. I was always pleased when a picture of the Heckler popped up.

Find that bike monkeys, we can't let JBP go full fatbike.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
that's terrible. sorry jbp

there's only like 10 other people in the state though, right? so...it should turn up soon.

i'm sure you're monitoring CL, ebay, regional pawn shops, etc...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
They will come back. You need to get a game camera. Go to the courthouse. Find out who has been arrested for pills, possession of stolen property, or burglary in your zip code. Casually observe them for a while. Skulk around your property for a few days at night. .

Fucking thieves.

Full enduro now, though...
Wull, my first two candidates would be a current Heckler or a Nomad. I like the simplicity of single pivot suspensions and am not quite sure why I'm considering the latter. I don't want crabon, do want the 2015 XT group, would like to stick with the Mavic 823 rims.

They will come back. You need to get a game camera. Go to the courthouse. Find out who has been arrested for pills, possession of stolen property, or burglary in your zip code. Casually observe them for a while. Skulk around your property for a few days at night. .
My 659 feels cold when I first strap it on...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
In more important matters, where/how/who do I have to kill to get a RM sticker?

(Sorry to hear John...may Gaia rain down swarms of rabid locusts whose buzzing sounds like a Myley Cyrus song on the thief...)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear, JBP. I did not think such atrocities were happening in the rainbow state of Vermont.

See if you can find yourself a nice little used SC Butcher. Those things are built like a tank and the APP is IMO an improvement over the Heckler (yet not as complicated as VPP bikes).

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Thieving shits!

There is hope. My good friend had the cable lock cut off his commuter about two weeks ago. Two nights ago he spotted it in a shady place surrounded by shady dudes, some who were flashing heat. He staked it out for hours and finally was able to wave down some poe. They walked in and grabbed it for Dan, reuniting him with his stolen ride.

I think my home insurance might cover it, we'll find out. As Eric noted above, after some years one manages to get a bike dialed in to their preferences, and I miss it. I guess I'm going to hit some bike shops starting tomorrow and actually look at what they have on the floor.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
In more important matters, where/how/who do I have to kill to get a RM sticker?
I've got a bunch of "RIDEMONKEY.COM" stickers. The monkey heads are scarce now but I've got the templates and we could obviously print up a new batch given enough interest.

JBP; that f'ing blows. Hope the assholes get hit by a bus on the way home.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I guess all plans are different, but my insurance fully covered me years ago when someone stole my bike off my car at work.

Have a couple friends who love their Bronsons, a couple others who love their Nomads.

At least you get to shop for a new bike, which is fun.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
A buddy broke his 2008ish Heckler last year, and SC actually replaced it under warranty with a new version which is 27.5. Really nice.

Is mavic making the 823 in a 27.5 ??

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i know in Mass. that homeowners insurance covers stuff stolen from your car. which makes no sense but that Mass. for ya. found out the hard way when my car was stolen with all my hockey gear in it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I've got a bunch of "RIDEMONKEY.COM" stickers. The monkey heads are scarce now but I've got the templates and we could obviously print up a new batch given enough interest.

JBP; that f'ing blows. Hope the assholes get hit by a bus on the way home.
JBP was kind enough to donate his RM DH jersey to me, but I lack stickers. What do I need to do to get a few pimptastic decals?

JBP, I am sorry to hear this. I hate thieves and I hate living in a world where I have to lock up all my good crap.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
JBP was kind enough to donate his RM DH jersey to me, but I lack stickers. What do I need to do to get a few pimptastic decals?

JBP, I am sorry to hear this. I hate thieves and I hate living in a world where I have to lock up all my good crap.
PM me an address to send them to.

Same for anyone that wants a few of the RIDEMONKEY.COM stickers. While supplies last :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
One's vehicle doesn't even need to be parked at home for homeowners/renters insurance to cover it, iirc. Good luck in recovering or replacing it, JBP. Did you try searching Craigslist in local regions?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

Best Jersey ever!

Pivot Mach5.7

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Waffling between a Santa Cruz Bronson and an Intense Tracer...
Get the Bronson. And the waffles.

Considering your non-plastic trail-bike requirement, what about the Turner Burner? Granted I'm a big Turner fan, but they're killer bikes and those frames are pretty reasonably priced these days.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
fucking scumbags will lead a life of misery im sure.
Prolly doesn't really help you out but karma is a bitch.