Quantcast

My Heckler got jacked this morning.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Even works without suspension. Actually the backwards motion works better than any upwards motions as there is a larger range of motion, basically backing that ass up, then stopping. You don't necessarily need to lift the front end as much as you need to apply a moment to the bike, same effect as a pedal kick.
This why I shake my head at the vast majority of dirt roadies on 29rs who can't get their carbon front wheel off the ground. If I can get the front wheel of a 46 pound DH sled off the ground without using my hands then it should be easier for them on their xc rig.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This why I shake my head at the vast majority of dirt roadies on 29rs who can't get their carbon front wheel off the ground. If I can get the front wheel of a 46 pound DH sled off the ground without using my hands then it should be easier for them on their xc rig.
It can be easier on a DH bike as your center of gravity is closer to the pivot point and a more relaxed riding position gives you more room to move your weight around. A dirt roady stretched out in a time trial position with a long top tube doesn't have a chance.