Quantcast

my new favorite ab exercise

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
you should also try doing standing ab pulldowns, it has great carryover for sports, since we rarely do any sports on our knees or on the ground
another one i just started doing and seems to be working is spread eagle situps, sit insinde a squat rack, and hook you feet around the outside post, perform a situp, having your feet out so wide really makes it challenging, you should give it a try
charlie

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Well I am all for abs and such but that excercise looks like certain back pain in the future - you have to be real careful letting the weights back down...

So IRB - are you planning on trying out for Dog Eat Dog or Fear Factor ??? :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by bbmj
you should also try doing standing ab pulldowns, it has great carryover for sports, since we rarely do any sports on our knees or on the ground
another one i just started doing and seems to be working is spread eagle situps, sit insinde a squat rack, and hook you feet around the outside post, perform a situp, having your feet out so wide really makes it challenging, you should give it a try
charlie
Dude, I think that would rip my groin apart! :eek:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Well I am all for abs and such but that excercise looks like certain back pain in the future - you have to be real careful letting the weights back down...

So IRB - are you planning on trying out for Dog Eat Dog or Fear Factor ??? :D
I've been doing them for a month now. Zero back pain. All the work is in the abs. Using an ab wheel used to put a serious pain in my back, so I stopped using it.