Quantcast

My new TMX (pics inside)

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
I stole this brand new Hope Bulb hub off a dude on ebay. bought it for $45 usd cause it is an odd ball size, 120mm. Finally got a hook up. I'm happy. One part at a time.

joel

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
joel, sweet shot! and very slick placement of the pinkness. i like that inside swingarm spot for stickers.

here's a shot of macmx in denmark putting the squish on his fork.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
The pink went over pretty well. The bike is very sweet. I think the link bike is a little better over all the rocks at Mt Creek. I really will know after this weekend when I bring the linkbike

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
my opinion on this (TMX vs linkage, i.e. minilink in my case) is that the linkage BMWs can be run a bit softer (which IMO can be good for speeding through rocks) than the TMX simply because of the growing/shrinking nature of the ratios put on the shocks. The TMX needs to be run a bit harsher to avoid it from bottoming, whereas my mini I can run super soft and yet hardly ever bottom out.

I don't think many(or ANY) bikes have the 'tankness' of a TMX though. Not even the links :)

Glad you're enjoying your bombon TMX. I want one now :D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
tanker motocross ;)

the tankness disappears under situations for which the bike was (to my understanding) ideally designed and the ride becomes deep-digging moto-handling madness. since it was my first dh bike it wasn't until two years after i had it when i started riding other peoples rigs and realized how differently it must be handled than most others bikes. i imagine that has to be sorta frustrating when people first ride a bklyn, but the sweetest pay-off once you figure it all out.

frustrated the heck outta me trying to session sections at the races though. noodle arms and steep climbs with a 55 lb bike... lots of pointing a laughing going on there.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Originally posted by chromegoddess
noodle arms and steep climbs with a 55 lb bike... lots of pointing a laughing going on there.

Just remind those hippies that at least you're not riding in your spandex-nut-hugging underwear :p ;)

and that at least your bike isn't made of paper thin alumanum and crap.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
easy killer. no picking on the outer-underwearers and their disposable bikes. :eek: my feelings weren't destroyed and i was happy to provide the entertainment, especially when perched on the podium. :cool: (albeit rarely ever more than 5 ppl in my class, but what the heck, eh?)

red

Chimp
Oct 5, 2001
connecticut
Nice Chris I didn't know they had a downhill Barbie;)

The bike looks well...pink :)

Have you been riding much lately? I've been slacking but after going up to Woodbury last night(without my bike) I now have the itch again ...

Have you been there yet? It looks like alot of fun and the place has unlimited potential for a freeride park..

talk to ya later....red

p.s. i'm just messing with you about the bike it looks cool(wait cool and pink can't be used in the same sentence can it?

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
How have you been. I will be at the creek saturday and trums on sunday. I have been slacken to. With school and a new job time was very little but now I have weekends off so I ride on the weekend and I have been playing alot of hockey to stay in shape