Quantcast

My Obama Expectations...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Nice touch that the inauguration happens the day after MLK day.

Here are my expectations as to where the US will be in four years, in order of probability (highest to lowest):

-The President of the United States of America will be guilty of war crimes
-US forces will be out of Iraq, but still in Afghanistan
-Medicare will be available for every citizen as a healthcare plan
-2009 and 2010 will be bad years for the country economically. Unemployment will be more than 10% by late 2009. I think stagflation is possible, and more likely than deflation. In January 2012 the Dow will be treading around 9,000.
-One of Cheney/Rumsfeld/Gonzales/Addington/Yoo will have been arrested overseas and charged with a war crime.

Anyone else want to look into the crystal ball with me?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ha!

You really think the Republicans are going to grow up and start acting like adults?

There will be impeachment rumblings starting on Wednesday.
I could care less about the politicians. I don't ever expect them to grow up. i think there is a good chance that more than 51% of the general population may be even slightly inspired.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I could care less about the politicians. I don't ever expect them to grow up. i think there is a good chance that more than 51% of the general population may be even slightly inspired.
The politicians, to a large extent, reflect the idiocy of the voters.

That's why Stockwell Day came out of Alberta :)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
rachel maddow & ariana huffington will adopt a pair of conjoined north korean twins, and will name it "onch"

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I also hope that the attitude of the general population will change. I hope that more people will come together for humanity sake rather than just pure greed.*

I also hope that Obama isn't assassinated but knowing the bigotry, ignorance and racism that still exists in the US, somebody will at least try.

*will probably never happen but it is always a hope.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I also hope that Obama isn't assassinated but knowing the bigotry, ignorance and racism that still exists in the US, somebody will at least try.
I think a serious attempt will happen, and it will be an American.

Funny how other countries that had wrote off the U.S. as just as dumb as Bush, now have hope for the U.S.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
I think a serious attempt will happen, and it will be an American.

Funny how other countries that had wrote off the U.S. as just as dumb as Bush, now have hope for the U.S.
We did re-elect him in 2004, so it isn't like that sentiment is too far off.

I don't think it is really hope, but more of a "please don't be as big of a fuckup as Bush"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
ok, seems that some of you here have *actual* expectations of hope, change, kumbaya.

the fellas at newsweek are skeptical: Obama’s Cheney Dilemma
Dick Cheney, who will step down as vice president on Jan. 20, has been widely portrayed as a creature of the dark side, a monstrous figure who trampled on the Constitution to wage war against all foes, real and imagined. Barack Obama was elected partly to cleanse the temple of the Bush-Cheney stain, and in his campaign speeches he promised to reverse Cheney's efforts to seize power for the White House in the war on terror.

It may not be so simple.
this is the soon-to-be-ex saying "we need to talk"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
now that i think about it, maybe reparations are in order
On the morning after the election, Kristin Rothballer, 36, who lives in San Francisco, kissed her female partner goodbye on the train while commuting to work. A black woman who sat down next to her turned and said she was sorry that Proposition 8, the amendment to ban gay marriage in the state, looked like it was going to pass.
"We grabbed hands," Ms. Rothballer recalled. "And I said, 'Well, I really want to congratulate you because we have a black president and that's amazing.' "
"Our conversation then almost became about the fact that we were having the conversation," she said.
Something moved her to apologize to the black woman for slavery.
"For two strangers riding a train to Oakland to have that conversation about race, it wouldn't have been possible if Obama hadn't been elected," she said. "I always felt open with my colleagues, but to say to a stranger on the train, 'Hey, I'm sorry about slavery,' that just doesn't happen."

nytimes.com

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
Nice touch that the inauguration happens the day after MLK day.

-The President of the United States of America will be guilty of war crimes
-US forces will be out of Iraq, but still in Afghanistan
-Medicare will be available for every citizen as a healthcare plan
-One of Cheney/Rumsfeld/Gonzales/Addington/Yoo will have been arrested overseas and charged with a war crime.

Anyone else want to look into the crystal ball with me?

sure, you're a da. just how is it that the first half African American president is to be convicted of a war crime? he didn't start it and he has no say whatsoever as a singular to do what his singular black ass wants to, not to mention that he sure seems a helluva lot smarter than the last da. sure, he's got a lot to figure out and alot ahead of him but war crimes?

dumbest thing i've ever heard of but i can eventually forgive you seeing as how you seem to be nothing more than the lesser form of monkey, the monkey poo. :)

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
btw, i am really starting to appreciate all of this monkey business . every time i go down a bit further on my monkey, there is more and more to see and do and many a more place to fling my monkey poo.

thanks! :)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
now that i think about it, maybe reparations are in order
So I guess I should apologize to my cousins kid the next time I'm in Philadelphia?

I wonder if she said she was sorry yet?

My hope for Obama's reign.....nothing I can think of off the top of my head.....

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
My expectations...
- Cure the drug problem in pro sports
- Make Madonna go away
- Help the Cubs win the World Series
- Bring the NHL respectability
- Find Bin Laden and prosecute
- Prosecute GHWB and his evil little cabal for crimes against humanity. Let him share a cell with UBL
- Cure the common cold

Anything less will be abject failure and unacceptable.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
I think Obama will continue the imperial conquest. More troops in Iraq, more troops in Afghanistan, troops in Pakistan, and probably an eventual full out war in Iran. He is merely a puppet, things are going to get much worse and he is going to help it happen for the benefit of those who profit on it. I think the next 4 years will make what Bush has done look like a joke. If anything I bet he will be assassinated by someone from the inside to start public chaos or he will be killed by one of his own supporters after starting more wars. It is much easier to brainwash people when they are scared and broken.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I think Obama will continue the imperial conquest. More troops in Iraq, more troops in Afghanistan, troops in Pakistan, and probably an eventual full out war in Iran. He is merely a puppet, things are going to get much worse and he is going to help it happen for the benefit of those who profit on it. I think the next 4 years will make what Bush has done look like a joke. If anything I bet he will be assassinated by someone from the inside to start public chaos or he will be killed by one of his own supporters after starting more wars. It is much easier to brainwash people when they are scared and broken.
Sharing RenegadeRick's tinfoil hat again I see? Although, you're setting the bar pretty low if he *doesn't* turn out to be the war-mongering, imperialist dictator you think he's going to be.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Sharing RenegadeRick's tinfoil hat again I see?
No tinfoil hat for me, I just dont let the media brainwash me and I try to connect all of the dots myself. If I was behind the curtains and had spent the last several decades building up a large supply of bases across the globe, and recently amassing troops and conflicts in the middle east I think that Mr. Obama and current congress would be perfect people to have in power to continue the conquest. New faces, other party, same bull****. If you dont think something very fishy is going on you should start looking at things for what they are.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
I expect someone to try and kill him, it's sad but it's bound to happen.
I think the general attitude of the country will change for the better and hopefully that will get things going. Should be interesting.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I expect someone to try and kill him, it's sad but it's bound to happen.
I think the general attitude of the country will change for the better and hopefully that will get things going. Should be interesting.
And it its rage, the country will elect Jesse Jackson for next president. :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
No tinfoil hat for me, I just dont let the media brainwash me and I try to connect all of the dots myself. If I was behind the curtains and had spent the last several decades building up a large supply of bases across the globe, and recently amassing troops and conflicts in the middle east I think that Mr. Obama and current congress would be perfect people to have in power to continue the conquest. New faces, other party, same bull****. If you dont think something very fishy is going on you should start looking at things for what they are.
One of our wiring guys at work is convinced there are lizard people living underground, and they can control our minds. To what end, he is not certain.

I think you two would get along great.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
One of our wiring guys at work is convinced there are lizard people living underground, and they can control our minds. To what end, he is not certain.

They aren't Lizard people, that's just what the mole people want you to believe.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Let's hope Obama gets the health care to you in a hurry............you need some meds brother !!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My expectations...
- Cure the drug problem in pro sports
- Make Madonna go away
- Help the Cubs win the World Series
- Bring the NHL respectability
- Find Bin Laden and prosecute
- Prosecute GHWB and his evil little cabal for crimes against humanity. Let him share a cell with UBL
- Cure the common cold

Anything less will be abject failure and unacceptable.
No mention of a BCS playoff, John? :disgust1:

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
Of course there will be an attempt. there has been at least one attempt on every sitting president for the last century. the Secrect service tries to minimize the publicly but it has been happening.
i thought that this may occur as well although i didn't want to be the one to publicly say it for fear of an fbi raid on my house.

haha, you two are fuxored!

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
Let's hope Obama gets the health care to you in a hurry............you need some meds brother !!!
Wait a minute? slow down? let?s keep in mind that we are dealing with a pres. elect that will be pushing hard on the NAFTA agenda, what do you think picks like Rhambo are all about. Furthermore, we have a pres. elect who is in full support of the Zionist/AIPAC movement, 30billion to isreal over the next ten years and many Americans can't afford food for their family (yes, he is a puppet).

do a little reading up on who Rham?s dad was and what he stood for when they lived in Isreal?

Health care? don?t make me laugh. Once our gov starts claiming insolvency over the next two years, he?ll be lucky if he can get our food stamps working properly.

I predict that there's going to be some seriously disappointed Obama fans over the next four years. Fans that should have put their tireless efforts into someone like Ron or Ralph.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Health care… don’t make me laugh. Once our gov starts claiming insolvency over the next two years, he’ll be lucky if he can get our food stamps working properly.
He will get health care for every child in America.....that will go along way for families and their anxieties during this time.

Then he will move to the AARP crowd. That will be sticky but it can be reHashed...

All the others left over...he won't get that.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville

Aaahhh...sounds like he has been reading some David Icke. One of my best friends believes in all that stuff. I read part of Children of the Matrix and it was the most bat sh1t crazy piece of literature I've ever come across. :crazy:

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Wait a minute… slow down… let’s keep in mind that we are dealing with a pres. elect that will be pushing hard on the NAFTA agenda, what do you think picks like Rhambo are all about. Furthermore, we have a pres. elect who is in full support of the Zionist/AIPAC movement, 30billion to isreal over the next ten years and many Americans can't afford food for their family (yes, he is a puppet).

do a little reading up on who Rham’s dad was and what he stood for when they lived in Isreal…

Health care… don’t make me laugh. Once our gov starts claiming insolvency over the next two years, he’ll be lucky if he can get our food stamps working properly.

I predict that there's going to be some seriously disappointed Obama fans over the next four years. Fans that should have put their tireless efforts into someone like Ron or Ralph.
Supporting Israel is one of those wildly popular things that is absolutely politically impossible to not do. Paul had nothing to offer to those that are to the left in any case, because his domestic policies would have been mostly disastrous.

People have been claiming that the U.S. is insolvent for a couple years now, and it hasn't resulted in a currency crisis.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw, thank god McCain didn't win or we would have to listen to Big & Rich and Gretchen Wilson's Redneck Woman this weekend.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Reminder that Japan has a 170-200% debt:GDP ratio, and it isn't the apocalypse over there.

National debt isn't the same as household debt.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Reminder that Japan has a 170-200% debt:GDP ratio, and it isn't the apocalypse over there.

National debt isn't the same as household debt.
when's the last time you looked up how much household debt the US has?

(hint: it's not pretty.)