Quantcast

My Promotion Was Announced Today

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Woot Woot!! My promotion has been announced!!! As of July 1st, 2008 I will be unit manager for my companies Butte, Montana location. 29% pay increase, full relocation package and fully vested profit sharing. The relocation package covers 100% of closing costs on a home up to 120% of what my current home sells for plus $2,500.00 towards the down payment.

Based on the crap I spewed on the monkey for that last several years I think its best to keep quiet about my employer – I’ll just say that we are a perennial Fortune 500 Company with over 1,100 units spanning every state in the nation except Hawaii but including Puerto Rico. That’s all. :)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Sounds like a heck of a deal. Can I crash at your new place when I come fishing in Montana?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Where do you live now? Is it that good of a deal to relocate?

I was just offered a job in St. Louis (In Virginia now) and they were gonna pay all kinds of stuff, but I declined. Not worth it enough for me to move.

I hope this is great for you, and all works out!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
SM is an hour or two south of seattle at the moment and has a ridiculously long commute iirc (?). so this could be good. congrats.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Where do you live now? Is it that good of a deal to relocate?

I was just offered a job in St. Louis (In Virginia now) and they were gonna pay all kinds of stuff, but I declined. Not worth it enough for me to move.

I hope this is great for you, and all works out!
The pay scale for the position is uniform & the cost of living 40% lower. I've never been in a position to need relocation services but I understand its a good deal. The company pays for everything and guarantees you fair market value if your home doesn't sell within 90 days. I also get 90 days of temp housing, 4 round trip airfare vouchers, car rental & $40.00 a day for food. I can fly in and have my car shipped. I'll be driving though. :)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I don't know about the trail infrastructure, but the habitat looks prime for riding:

I spy some singletrack in this random google image. Looks like a cool town too.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
I don't know about the trail infrastructure, but the habitat looks prime for riding:

I spy some singletrack in this random google image. Looks like a cool town too.
Butte is a little bit of an older town and at times a little rough, but over all not too bad. Also if he wants to zip 85 miles to the east he can come ride in Bozeman.

SM when is this move set for?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That is very cool mig' ! Escaping the overpriced Puget Sound makes me jealous.
sure, it may be overpriced but if you actually live in seattle then it's worth it imo. :D outside of seattle, not so much...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Thanks for all the kind words and anal sex tips. :biggrin:

Today will be my last working day at my present location, I'm in worthless lame duck mode. :)

I wanted to leave ASAP but there are 2 parties and one "official" unit function to attend. Wednesday there is a party at Applebee's given to me by my direct reports. Thursday its out for drinks with my soon to be former peers and Friday at 2PM there is a workplace good bye deal where they give you a plaque...

I'll be hitting the road at about 3PM on Friday just at the start of the weekend rush
hour...

Still its feels better and better everyday knowing that I'll never have to share an office again. :)