Quantcast

My Small Revenge

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Derek may have posted a pic of me that he put in the "discount bin," (see his beacon blastoff thread) but I'd pay good money for this pic (assuming it was as high quality as Derek's:rolleyes: ):D .

Props to my dad for timing this pic with one of those slow digital cameras.

Attachments

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by Toshi
i don't get it. please explain
when derek pearson advertised his pictures he was taking of the beacon blastoff dh, he said that some of the pictures weren't very good so he didn't feel comfortable selling them for full price(thus the "discount bin"). he posted one of me as an example of this (he didn't know it was me of course). i wasn't really offended, but it was just kind of funny. it was good lighting and everything but i had just come out of a turn so there wasn't much action. the picture in this post is the only other beacon photo of me (in aciton anyway). i just got it put on my computer so i could post it and redeem myself to all the monkies who couldn't care less
:D

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by BIGHIT756
thats an awesome pic!!! good timing with the digital camera, those can be a bit slow...
yeah, he took like five shots and this is the only one where you can really see me in full view. there's something to be said for the good old film cameras

Originally posted by freeridekid
when derek pearson advertised his pictures he was taking of the beacon blastoff dh, he said that some of the pictures weren't very good so he didn't feel comfortable selling them for full price(thus the "discount bin"). he posted one of me as an example of this (he didn't know it was me of course). i wasn't really offended, but it was just kind of funny. it was good lighting and everything but i had just come out of a turn so there wasn't much action. the picture in this post is the only other beacon photo of me (in aciton anyway). i just got it put on my computer so i could post it and redeem myself to all the monkies who couldn't care less
:D
I still don't get it.:rolleyes:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by PsychO!1
I still don't get it.:rolleyes:
ya. it's of you in action, sure, but it's not even close to bargain bin quality... (as in it's way below that) :confused:

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by Toshi
ya. it's of you in action, sure, but it's not even close to bargain bin quality... (as in it's way below that) :confused:
To make it simple: derek took a picture of me at beacon that he said belonged in the discount bin and posted it on the thread where he posted a whole bunch of pics from the first beacon. the picture kind of made me look bad (because I had an awkward riding position and had just been shaken up by the rock garden) so this new one (although its not of derek's high quality) makes me look better.

i wasn't really offended by the first pic making me look bad but i was just joking around when i made this thread. now that every one is confused its not really funny anymore.

To make it simple: derek took a picture of me at beacon that he said belonged in the discount bin and posted it on the thread where he posted a whole bunch of pics from the first beacon. the picture kind of made me look bad (because I had an awkward riding position and had just been shaken up by the rock garden) so this new one (although its not of derek's high quality) makes me look better.

i wasn't really offended by the first pic making me look bad but i was just joking around when i made this thread. now that every one is confused its not really funny anymore.
I'm sure Derek put your shot into the 'discount bin' because he was not happy with quality of the shot, not your riding. He posted it to show an example of the quality of pic his customers could expect from the 'discount bin', it could have been anybody. I'm sure nobody was trying to make any statements or judgments about you riding skills from that pic....Relax.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Originally posted by PsychO!1
I'm sure Derek put your shot into the 'discount bin' because he was not happy with quality of the shot, not your riding. He posted it to show an example of the quality of pic his customers could expect from the 'discount bin', it could have been anybody. I'm sure nobody was trying to make any statements or judgments about you riding skills from that pic....Relax.
i think it was a joke...but then again i think most of what is said here is a joke.:eek:

j/k....kinda

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
To clear things up. The discount bin was just shots that customers might want but I made some error that made it not worth full price. For instance, I believe that the shot you were referring to, I cut off the top of your helmet, so I wouldnt be comfortable charging full price. I most defninitely was NOT making a disparaging remark about your riding! Sorry that I led you to believe that!

Originally posted by derekpearson
To clear things up. The discount bin was just shots that customers might want but I made some error that made it not worth full price. For instance, I believe that the shot you were referring to, I cut off the top of your helmet, so I wouldnt be comfortable charging full price. I most defninitely was NOT making a disparaging remark about your riding! Sorry that I led you to believe that!

you shoulda heard what D said about your mom...J/K!!! Dereks a nice guy, he wont bag on a rider...he just is a perfectionist with his pics and wants to maintain a good rep with his clientel, thus doing a bargin bin for pics hes not "professionally"happy wiht?......and I get what the kid is doing...its just hard to over the net ...if we new you it would be funny...I think

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Originally posted by derekpearson
i didn't think you were dissing my riding, i was just so excited to see my pic taken in such good quality, but i wished it had been an exciting shot like i just posted here. what i really wish is that i hadn't tried to joke around and include the word "revenge" in the subject of this thread:rolleyes:

i didn't think you were dissing my riding, i was just so excited to see my pic taken in such good quality, but i wished it had been an exciting shot like i just posted here. what i really wish is that i hadn't tried to joke around and include the word "revenge" in the subject of this thread:rolleyes:
dont worry, we are just giving ya a bad time...its all good.