Quantcast

Myles Rockwell busted for growing pot

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
Originally posted by mental
Well, here in Canada, both are misdemeanors (well, growing pot isn't but possession of less than 15 grams is or soon will be)
In this scenario, he has more than 15 grams, in the US.

It's easy to stand here and say "he should have had his priorities straight". It ain't so easy when you're raising a family trying to provide a certain quality of life to your little ones. Not everyone has a college education or a six figure salary. I know of many "growers" who never use the stuff. They're simply making a living the best way they know how.
I have a friend who tries to convince me to feel sorry for people who can't find jobs, can't contribute, etc. (I talking adults), but I cant buy it. It really isn't that hard to "provide" within the legal system. Those who want, can.

Given the choice of supporting your family ("honestly") at minimum wage (probably having to work well over 40 hours/week to make ends meet) or growing weed but being there for every one of your kids' first steps, ball games, hockey practises, races, literary fairs, drama club productions or whatever they decide to pursue, I'd choose to break the law - every time!!
Sure, thats your choice, but why put your childrens furture welfare in such high risk? It's not fair to them.

As I've said before I've never seen anyone take a hit from the bong and become aggressive and beat their children or significant other. Hang out any drinking establishment at closing time and say the same about alcohol...
I would agree w/ that.
However, is it the majority or minority that continue to prosper, be a positive example to the family, be someone their kids can truly look up to (tell your 10yo you blaze, and let them fairly make up their minds)?

Not trying to be a smartazz: He got caught growing, not w/ a distillery. Why is everyone comparing it to alcohol? It is legal, pot is not?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch

Funny though I've seen no rebuttal from the "anti-drug brigade" to my views on alcohol use...
A) it's currently not illegal. And therefore it cannot make you go to jail (and for the record I hardly ever drink)

B) it's been done to death.

Again, my gripe is not that he smokes, but that he had total disregard for his family's needs. You wanna be a pothead? Great! Have at it!

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by MMike
A) it's currently not illegal. And therefore it cannot make you go to jail
What about drunk driving that can make you go to jail.:D I had to say it.
Also i think bootlegging is still illegal.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge

Perhaps that's what made him such a fast mofo - he's more comfortable with risk than the rest of us...
If thats so, then that's sad he can't tell the difference between taking chances on a bike and breaking the law.

Not everyone has a college education or a six figure salary. I know of many "growers" who never use the stuff. They're simply making a living the best way they know how.
That is the biggest cop out. Neither of my grandfathers had high school eductaions and both made a living for each of his familys without breaking the law. Now I did have a great uncle who made and sold moonshine illegally.

Given the choice of supporting your family ("honestly") at minimum wage and missing all of the milestones (probably having to work 2 jobs just to make ends meet) or growing weed but being there for every one of your kids' first steps, ball games, hockey practises, races, literary fairs, drama club productions or whatever they decide to pursue, I'd choose to break the law - every time!!
What about all those people who make it happen without breaking law. How do they do it?

pathetic justification for their ridiculous dependance
Well said.

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Alright, you win! Myles should be hanged because he's a very bad man. We should imprison his children as well.

And for God's sake, don't ever step out of line 'cause I'll be the first to throw those stones, and I've got some big ones, believe me.

Oh yeah almost forgot - the government is always right and should never be questioned. They are our moral compass and should be followed without fail.

Baa baaaaaaaaa!!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Growing weed instead of having a real job (or two) has got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard. Yeah sure, "give up" and sell weed, I'm sure that will really make a great impression on the world and your kids, as well as it will help you get that future employment at wal-mart when you are 45 and all of a sudden figure out that you screwed up by not getting an education and a real job. Come on, no one "owes" anyone a job and the word "work" is not synonomous with "easy". I guess like mmike says, we should all just become hitmen or something, sure it's illegal, but we'll be there at home most of the time! Or maybe just go embezzle some company funds? Maybe just hit a few banks along the way?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
It's just so cool to go to school and tell all your teachers and friends that your dad deals drugs. You'd be the most respected and honored kid in class.

My dad has made complete and absolute ammends for his past, but I'm the one who paid the price for his mistakes.

It was my future and well being that he risked.

It was my hopes and dreams that were on the line and could have been washed away by an arrest or conviction. We got really, really lucky.

I have a daughter now. She is 5 months old. My life is devoted to being the best father she will ever want. I refuse to compromise her and her well being for the sake of either:
A. Getting high at will
B. Selling anything illegal (moonshine, pot, crack, meth)
C. Going to jail and having to explain to her what the heck is going on.

Alcohol is a controlled substance which is illegal to manufacture and sell outside the regulations of the legal system and the same goes for pot.

Even if pot were legal, he's still a deadbeat dad because he would still be breaking the law and putting his family's welfare at risk by manufacturing it.

I cannot and will not respect anyone who puts their family's well being at risk. He didn't wreck a car, kill a child or injure anyone or thing. What he did was knowingly and willingly put the health and stability of his children at risk for his own personal gain, be it for cash or pleasure.

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
You're obviously all idiots! I've said all along, he did a bad thing!

Let's try it this way

Myles did a bad thing by growing weed in his basement

There, happy now?

I said before you begin throwing stones and frying the perp, walk a mile in his shoes. For example, would you be happy, after making say $500,000/year as a racer and racking up the requisite debt, lifestyle, property taxes and expectations to make even 30,000/year working at a bike shop? Don't give me the whole "he should have saved his money" crap, because we all know you'll live to your means no matter what you make. Fact is, Myles had a lifestyle and did what he felt he had to to keep it. Yes, a bad judgement, but he didn't hurt anyone in the process.

Get off your ****ing high horses and listen to what I'm saying...

breaking the law = bad

doing what it takes to support your family = admirable

breaking the law to support your family = bad judgement but still somewhat admirable if no one's getting hurt in the process

Sometimes there's more to the story than what you see on the surface.

There...

I'm done with this thread it's obvious I'm not going to change the world, I just hope my Children have the foresight to question the world around them unlike the rest of you sheep...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Too late. You already admitted defeat.

Let's try it this way Myles did a bad thing by growing weed in his basement

There, happy now?

I said before you begin throwing stones and frying the perp, walk a mile in his shoes. For example, would you be happy, after making say $500,000/year as a racer and racking up the requisite debt, lifestyle, property taxes and expectations to make even 30,000/year working at a bike shop? Don't give me the whole "he should have saved his money" crap, because we all know you'll live to your means no matter what you make. Fact is, Myles had a lifestyle and did what he felt he had to to keep it. Yes, a bad judgement, but he didn't hurt anyone in the process.

breaking the law = bad

breaking the law to support your family = bad judgement but still somewhat admirable if no one's getting hurt in the process

There...

I'm done with this thread it's obvious I'm not going to change the world, I just hope my Children have the foresight to question the world around them unlike the rest of the sheep...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Let's try it this way Myles did a bad thing by growing weed in his basement

There, happy now?

breaking the law = bad

There...

I'm done with this thread it's obvious I'm not going to change the world, I just hope my Children have the foresight to question the world around them unlike the rest of the sheep...
Ok, not only is he an idiot for growing pot in his basement, but he is an idiot because he had absolutely no thought or planning for his future. He made a choice to race DH, and now we are supposed to feel sorry for him because he didn't get a college degree, didn't take any steps to ensure his future security? Give me a Fing break, so if I go screw off for a few years someone should give me a job or it is ok to sell drugs for my own financial security?

Are you really serious?

Maybe we should all just "give up" and sell drugs, live on social security...etc...

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Ok, not only is he an idiot for growing pot in his basement, but he is an idiot because he had absolutely no thought or planning for his future. He made a choice to race DH, and now we are supposed to feel sorry for him because he didn't get a college degree, didn't take any steps to ensure his future security? Give me a Fing break, so if I go screw off for a few years someone should give me a job or it is ok to sell drugs for my own financial security?
Yes, you're right, none of us ever make mistakes and we should be held absolutely accountable for everything we've ever done. In fact, I'd like to see the government more into our business. All cars should have GPS tracking devices that monitor your speed, hand position, and cell phone use among other things. Break the law, and a ticket could be printed out right there on your dashboard or better yet, they could disable your car until you've done the time for yyour sins...

Let's get them into our bedrooms too, yeah yeah...

And if you break the law, there should be no option for leniant sentences, everyone should be painted with the same brush, yeah yeah...

He did a bad thing, he broke the law, he should do the time blah blah blah...

That being said, the law should change...

Down with the hypocrisy, either legalize pot, (controlled and taxed of course) or let's get back to prohibition. I'll accept either option, till then I'll stand on this here soapbox...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Yes, you're right, none of us ever make mistakes and we should be held absolutely accountable for everything we've ever done. In fact, I'd like to see the government more into our business. All cars should have GPS tracking devices that monitor your speed, hand position, and cell phone use among other things. Break the law, and a ticket could be printed out right there on your dashboard or better yet, they could disable your car until you've done the time for yyour sins...

Let's get them into our bedrooms too, yeah yeah...

And if you break the law, there should be no option for leniant sentences, everyone should be painted with the same brush, yeah yeah...

He did a bad thing, he broke the law, he should do the time blah blah blah...

That being said, the law should change...

Down with the hypocrisy, either legalize pot, (controlled and taxed of course) or let's get back to prohibition. I'll accept either option, till then I'll stand on this here soapbox...
And i'll be next to you with a sign that reads"F U G W":D But then we'll go to jail:eek:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Yes, you're right, none of us ever make mistakes and we should be held absolutely accountable for everything we've ever done.
Well....yes. That's part of being a grown up. You make choices in life. Some good, some bad. With the choices, come consequences. So Myles got lucky one day in Spain, got to wear a rainbow jersey for a year.

And he's now retired. And that usually implies a change in lifestyle. So by all means, look back fondly on those days of nothing but smoking weed and riding your bike, without a care in the world. Lucky, lucky myles. He was able to prolong his childhood that much longer.

But those days are gone. His body has been beaten up from injury. Age is catching up. So must reality.

What about Marla Streb? she seems to be doing ok, n'est-ce pas?

This has nothing to do with "the man" keeping us down. Or the government implanting micro-chips in our brains. Maybe weed should be legal. I really don't care because I wouldn't use it even if it was. Just like I keep my drinking to a minimum. I don't enjoy feeling "altered". But sure. Legalize it. Hell no we won't go!! and while you're at it, no nukes and save the whales.

This is about a free-thinking indivdual taking responsibilty for his actions. YES absolutely YES we all need to be absolutely accountable for our actions. How is that the government's fault?

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
And i'll be next to you with a sign that reads"F U G W" But then we'll go to jail
You'll be locked up long before getting that sign made now that the authorities have had a chance to read this thread. Between that and your signature you're probably facing life without parole.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
I said before you begin throwing stones and frying the perp, walk a mile in his shoes. For example, would you be happy, after making say $500,000/year as a racer and racking up the requisite debt, lifestyle, property taxes and expectations to make even 30,000/year working at a bike shop? Don't give me the whole "he should have saved his money" crap, because we all know you'll live to your means no matter what you make. .

Whoah whoah whoah!!!

how did I miss that??

Uh... no. Are you not contributing to your RRSP's every year? Maybe you should pick up a copy of The Wealthy Barber.

Any moron should realize that a career as an athlete is a short one. And if you don't plan accordingly, well how can you possibly feel sorry for someone that dumb?

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Okay MMike, last time mmmmmkay?

Myles did a bad thing. He'll be punished for doing said bad thing.

Following so far?

That bad thing (bad as it is) is much less bad than many other things that the Government deems "not bad" (ie legal).

The laws should change! I don't see a benefit to society wasting our precious tax dollars (more importantly our policing dollars) locking up a few folks for selling bongs online or worse yet, growing the stuff. Hell, I propose they regulate it (like liquor) and tax it. Sin taxes - kind of like a user pay system. You want to get drunk, pay the toll, want to get high, same story.

This whole acceptance of the "status quo" in our lives is absolute bunk. I truly hope my children grow up to be far more accepting of differences in opinion, culture, lifestyle and choices than the large number of you who are posting here.

For those of you who truly believe that the herb is bad? Good for you, I respect your opinions and in no way want to change your beliefs.

To those of you spouting off about "breaking the law" and "just deserts"? I tend to hold grudges and rest assured the first time I find any one of you in the "moral majority" stepping out of line, I will throw those stones, make no mistake about it.

Bounce a cheque? - wham! right in the nuts.
Speeding? - smash! right in the breadbasket....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
I don't follow...

Okay MMike, last time mmmmmkay?

Myles did a bad thing. He'll be punished for doing said bad thing.

Following so far?

That bad thing (bad as it is) is much less bad than many other things that the Government deems "not bad" (ie legal).

The laws should change! I don't see a benefit to society wasting our precious tax dollars (more importantly our policing dollars) locking up a few folks for selling bongs online or worse yet, growing the stuff. Hell, I propose they regulate it (like liquor) and tax it. Sin taxes - kind of like a user pay system. You want to get drunk, pay the toll, want to get high, same story.

This whole acceptance of the "status quo" in our lives is absolute bunk. I truly hope my children grow up to be far more accepting of differences in opinion, culture, lifestyle and choices than the large number of you who are posting here.

For those of you who truly believe that the herb is bad? Good for you, I respect your opinions and in no way want to change your beliefs.

To those of you spouting off about "breaking the law" and "just deserts"? I tend to hold grudges and rest assured the first time I find any one of you in the "moral majority" stepping out of line, I will throw those stones, make no mistake about it.

Bounce a cheque? - wham! right in the nuts.
Speeding? - smash! right in the breadbasket....

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Yes, RRSP's are good, but really, have you maxed out your contributions every year?

Oh right, no one ever makes mistakes and he should have saved for a rainy day... blah blah blah...

Fact is, apparently he didn't, needed to support his family, perhaps shared my view that not all laws are good ones and felt that although he was technically "breaking the law", it was one that (he felt) should be changed - doesn't make his actions right - just self-justified. Yes, he'll pay for it, but do you really think the public is going to be better off because he spends time behind bars?

Isn't it a whole lot easier to follow the rules you believe in? Again, it doesn't make it right, it's just an observation.

If being a moron is grounds for incarceration, perhaps some of us should begin posting under an alias?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Yes, he'll pay for it, but do you really think the public is going to be better off because he spends time behind bars?

And there you have it folks, will we really be better off with myles behind bars. No! we won't, while Mikey may sleep better at night knowing theres one less useless stoner on the streets. It is going to cost precious money to keep him there. That mike means less for your 401k.:eek:

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
Since this has changed to a " lets legalize" instead of what MR did, I'll follow.

I think it would be beneficial for all if it were legal. I for one will not take action to legalize it, because it won't affect me personally.

For those who want it legalized on a personal level, what are you doing about it?

Instead of breaking a law because you feel it is bogus, do the work to change it. Thats how it works.

I read someone sig yesterday that seems fitting:

Hippies. They stand for everything, they stand for nothing.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
And here we have it again. There can be no real acceptance of the illegality of cannabis so long as alcohol and tobacco- two blatantly worse substances- remain legal. That is it in a nutshell. The only way the gov't can be taken seriously on this topic is if the laws are somewhat consistent.

"But two wrongs don't make a right," regurgitate the prohibitionists. Correct, but does that mean the solution is to maintain the illogical status quo? Wouldn't it make more societal sense to right the admitted wrong and outlaw demon alcohol? If prohibition of harmful substances is what keeps society safe, then outlaw the biggest killers of them all and restore at least some measure of confidence in our government and its motives.

Will that ever happen? No. Our power-wielders want to continue to use and abuse their drugs(alcohol, tobacco, oxcontin, xanex, valium, and every other nightmare pharmacy drug that they can pay their doctor to prescribe for them)- they just don't want the people to be able to use theirs because they can't make themselves rich off a plant that cannot be patented and is easily grown.

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Hippies. They stand for everything, they stand for nothing.
I prefer to think of myself as an Communist Idealist...

As for the issue of standing up. I have lobbied politicians, signed the petitions, and voted accordingly in the past and I will continue to do so in the future. And believe it or not, I wouldn't vote for someone based solely on a "legalize it" platform.

I know how the system works and unfortunately, it's those who are viewed as our "moral majority"who get the ears of their politicians. Those who occasionally toke up get none...

In Canada, polls show over 80% of the population favours decriminalization of marijuana and still our elected members drag their feet...

Kind of makes you wonder who's running the show?

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
after reading all the posts that MMIKe has placed in this forum i have decided that when his time comes and death is knocking on his door,he has no worries because those pearly gates should be wide open for perfect little a$$!!! to read your opinions one would think you've never done anything bad in your life! i bet when you sh!t it comes out smelling like a bunch of roses!!! loosen up your about to give yourself a heart attack!!!! i bet you only have sex in the missonary position.and heaven forbid anyone ever recieving HEAD,because were i live thats illegal also!!! just take a deep breath,and say i'm a good citizen. no wait,I'M A GREAT CITIZEN!!! now SMILE GOD LOVES YOU,and so do we!!!!

NORML
fixed it

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Stop imagining me having sex.

Originally posted by banche
after reading all the posts that MMIKe has placed in this forum i have decided that when his time comes and death is knocking on his door,he has no worries because those pearly gates should be wide open for perfect little a$$!!! to read your opinions one would think you've never done anything bad in your life! i bet when you sh!t it comes out smelling like a bunch of roses!!! loosen up your about to give yourself a heart attack!!!! i bet you only have sex in the missonary position.and heaven forbid anyone ever recieving oral sodomy,because were i live thats illegal also!!! just take a deep breath,and say i'm a good citizen. no wait,I'M A GREAT CITIZEN!!! now SMILE GOD LOVES YOU,and so do we!!!!

NORML

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
after reading all the posts that MMIKe has placed in this forum i have decided that when his time comes and death is knocking on his door,he has no worries because those pearly gates should be wide open for perfect little a$$!!! to read your opinions one would think you've never done anything bad in your life! i bet when you sh!t it comes out smelling like a bunch of roses!!! loosen up your about to give yourself a heart attack!!!! i bet you only have sex in the missonary position.and heaven forbid anyone ever recieving oral sodomy,because were i live thats illegal also!!! just take a deep breath,and say i'm a good citizen. no wait,I'M A GREAT CITIZEN!!! now SMILE GOD LOVES YOU,and so do we!!!!

NORML
oral sodomy huh? That cannot be healthy, anyone for tossed salad?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Hey....Ralph Wiggum is now posting!

Ok potheads,

Am I REALLY that much of a novelty? I'm just a relatively educated guy who goes to work every day, pays his taxes, drives 10-20 over the speed limit, (hasn't had a clean driving record in over 10 years). Is it REALLY that unusual for people to be expected to earn an honest (legal) living for themselves? Or is it unreasonable for people to be held accountable for their actions? Or to expect that parents put the needs of their kids ahead of their own?

Really??

My point of view is THAT high and mighty?

I had no idea I was surrounded by such degenerates then. Silly me.

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
ok so i guess you put your family first all the time? if so then think of this. what if,while your speeding 10-20 mph over the speed limit and as you said you sometimes do pass someone on the shoulder,and while your passing you don't see that broken down car on the shoulder and you hit that car,and are killed or kill someone and are either dead or in jail for killing someone then what about your children? should you or your family have to pay the highest penalty for this one mistake,this one little law you broke,because you were in a hurry!! not thinking about your family,but yourself because you weed sorry need to get somewere fast? stop being selfish and breaking those laws think about your family and slow down. catch a buzz and relax

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Ahhhh....I get it now. Being a drug dealer gives him more free time to spend with his family. That's a GREAT idea!

Wait a sec....being a hired hitman....at....hmmm....$100k per hit....for a day's work. Maybe do two or three a year...HEY! I like that math! I could spend 362 days a year with my family!
To be serious, I thought about that myself. But for a while you get a lot of crap jobs in 3rd world countries only making about 10k a pop.

To get up to the six figure level, it takes a lot of crap jobs and knowing somebody in the private sector. Cause the gov-ment don't pay crap, and will take you out after a job on a whim.

And since I now have a family, it's something I just can't really consider. Cause that is the first thing the "baddies" would go after if they wanted to get to me.

Watch out, Jesus is getting his freak on!

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
ok so i guess you put your family first all the time? if so then think of this. what if,while your speeding 10-20 mph over the speed limit and as you said you sometimes do pass someone on the shoulder,and while your passing you don't see that broken down car on the shoulder and you hit that car,and are killed or kill someone and are either dead or in jail for killing someone then what about your children? should you or your family have to pay the highest penalty for this one mistake,this one little law you broke,because you were in a hurry!! not thinking about your family,but yourself because you weed sorry need to get somewere fast? stop being selfish and breaking those laws think about your family and slow down. catch a buzz and relax
I don't know about anyone else, but for me the answer is yes, I always think about my family first in everything I do. As for your example, mine and my familys safety is more inportant than being late...always.

It's hard to believe, but some people really do think about their family first before they do anything. Nothing is more important to me. And i'm a mellow guy, but I take my family dead serious.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

Ok potheads,

Am I REALLY that much of a novelty? I'm just a relatively educated guy who goes to work every day, pays his taxes, drives 10-20 over the speed limit, (hasn't had a clean driving record in over 10 years). Is it REALLY that unusual for people to be expected to earn an honest (legal) living for themselves? Or is it unreasonable for people to be held accountable for their actions? Or to expect that parents put the needs of their kids ahead of their own?

Really??

You're not that unusual. You have no qualms about breaking the law (if you happened to kill someone driving 20mph over the speed limit, you'd hardly expect it fair that you would be charged with manslaughter and get 15 years, I assume...or you wouldn't be driving over the limit in the first place) but you don't mind crucifying someone else who breaks the law.

The only difference is that you haven't committed your felony just quite yet...

Sep 17, 2003
its like my dad used to always say, dont do the crime if you dont want to do the time......

like it or not, the laws of this land are just that , laws, and if you break them, then you can go to jail. period.
whether you agree with these laws or not , that does not matter.

he did the crime, now he's got to do the time

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.

Ok potheads,

Really??

Convictions, strong beliefs, a sense of responsibility, and personal accountability is scary thing to moral relativists. Therfore the lash out against it. Of course if they weren't stoned they wouldn't have these feelings of paranoia.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by Jesus
Isn't it funny that most of the Pro-Hemp types are stoners!

Hippies...
I am a pro-hemp non-stoner and I find this whole thread to be quite ridiculous. I could make a thousand, isn't it funny...comments about Christians, or conservatives, or even Americans in general but I am not going to. Why? because it makes a person look ignorant and intolerant.

Do what you want, understand that if what you want to do is illegal in the area you live, be it city, state, county or country, you could get in trouble, big trouble. Realize that it is most likely that way because most people don't agree with you on that topic. If you don't like it, work to change it. Even if that means moving to another country. Even if Myles was small scale dealing, it's not like he was forcing his "clientele" to buy the stuff. They were all willing participants. I suppose you will tell me that an 18yo. should go to jail for having consensual sex with a 17yo. because it it statutory rape?

I think the fact that Marijuana is illegal in the US is pretty much a joke! Not because I am a "stoner" trying to justify my "dirty" habit or because I think it is harmless, but because I think a lot of more or equally harmful things are "perfectly" legal. I think people should have the right to choose to do things that are potentially harmful to them, if that is what they really want to do. Can anybody explain to me why tobacco and booze are legal and weed is not? Nobody? yup didn't think so. I mean, For gods sake riding a bicycle down hill at 40mph is pretty dangerous to yourself (and others on public trails) and it has been shown to damage the environment, but hey we all seem to like it a lot. How upset would we all be if off-road cycling was made illegal?

I hope that Myles doesn't get in too much trouble for this, I really think that there are a lot more damaging "crimes" happening out there every day that are completely "legal". look at Haliburton and many other large corporations "operating" in Bermuda to avoid paying US business taxes to the tune of $75 billion dollars last year alone! When all they have in bermuda is a piece of land with maybe a shack on it. In the big picture, pot is just not a very big deal. $75 billion or $200K? Not to mention that the police always over estimate these things to serious degree. I bet Myles pot, after he smoked his share and let his buddies pinch some etc. was maybe worth $50K max. The authorities are known to weigh the plants intact, prior to being dried with dirt stuck to the roots etc. 10lbs of plants yields a few ounces of actual smokable weed. Yet when they calculate the "street value" they go by what a pound is selling for "ready for consumption". If this is the case Myles weed might only be worth a few grand. In my opinion that type of behavior on behalf of "law enforcment" officers should be illegal!

Ridemonkey isn't for preaching so I'll step down, but please stop this ridiculous nonsense. It is making you all look like fools and it is degrading to an otherwise great website.

:nope: :eviltongu :nopity: :mumble: :dead: :nuts: :rolleyes: :think: :(
Rant over

Disclaimer:
(Jesus, this wasn't directed only or primarily at you, it just so happened that your post was one of many that started me thinking)

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Originally posted by Jesus
Isn't it funny that most of the Pro-Hemp types are stoners!

Hippies...
i'm not a stoner and i'm pro hemp!

and whats with all the hippie bashin?

Hippies are better than yuppies!:monkey: