Quantcast

N* race

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
So did anyone race N* yesterday????? I really wanted to but got called into work on friday and had to work Sat and Sun. So did they get their **** together this time? Did they change the courses? How many people showed up? Racing highlights???? After working 26 hours over the past 2 days i'm itching for details.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
ricebowls said:
So did anyone race N* yesterday????? I really wanted to but got called into work on friday and had to work Sat and Sun. So did they get their **** together this time? Did they change the courses? How many people showed up? Racing highlights???? After working 26 hours over the past 2 days i'm itching for details.
The race went smoooooth. I didn't go to the first one, but people were saying that this was run a lot better. Times were for the most part correct. The course was the same for both courses and good number of people showed up. No clue of how many, but it was not small.

Results:

Pro Men

Curtis Keene 3:30.80 - 1st place
Karl Rogne 3:34.10 - 2nd Place
Dan Kernecki?! 3:35.90 - 3rd Place

Pro Women

Danni Connozcy (KHS) 4;22.70 1st Place
Tenille Smith 4:22.70 2nd Place
Jenny Cornelison 4:28.50 3rd Place

tenille

Chimp
Sep 9, 2003
purgatory
The race was a lot smoother. There were a lots less people than the first race, but they did a really good job with it. Yay for northstar!! Timing was good and I was able to get a few stix runs in between race runs. And one of my friends won an '05 vanilla i the raffle! he was stoked! anyway, it was fun and there was even a nice little rain at the end of the day.

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Curtis Keene - 3:30?? The expert/pro course must be different from the first n* race. The best time on the first race was 4:10. Was the course still upper karp, speed control, dog bone then vietnam?

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Oh yeah. I heard about the new v10 frames and how they make you super fast. I think I will sell my Giant so I can be super fast.

Eric told me you had a little mishap at Mammoth? What happened?

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
So, I take it the course was the same as the first n* race? If so 3:30 is unbelievable.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ender said:
Oh yeah. I heard about the new v10 frames and how they make you super fast. I think I will sell my Giant so I can be super fast.

Eric told me you had a little mishap at Mammoth? What happened?
A few bones in my foot decided to undergo mitosis and now I have more than what I started with. I got my bike blown out from under me on some jumps on the ski hill that sit right on a saddle and are prone to some mean crosswinds. I did an unintentional one footed table-top............and landed that way. I'm probably about 2 weeks out from riding again. The heroin is helping pass the time though.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
dood, I told you you wouldn't be able to pull off that triple back flip. You are super cool no matter what. =P

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
ender said:
So, I take it the course was the same as the first n* race? If so 3:30 is unbelievable.

The start was moved further down the course to where dogbone splits off of the top of karpiel...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
tenille said:
The race was a lot smoother. There were a lots less people than the first race, but they did a really good job with it. Yay for northstar!! Timing was good and I was able to get a few stix runs in between race runs. And one of my friends won an '05 vanilla i the raffle! he was stoked! anyway, it was fun and there was even a nice little rain at the end of the day.
Congrats!!! Thats awesome :)

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Yeti DHer said:
The start was moved further down the course to where dogbone splits off of the top of karpiel...
whew, that's a relief. It was hard for me to believe 40secs was shaved off the best time in the first race.