Quantcast

N* sat 10th

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
i'm there just about every weekend. on a blue giant dh team with a boxxer, soon to be a super t.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
the new trail at the top over by sinious (sp?) but you might have seen that already. it's kinda short but it's got a couple of nice berms.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
dfinn said:
the new trail at the top over by sinious (sp?) but you might have seen that already. it's kinda short but it's got a couple of nice berms.
Yeah that was there before I left. Nothing else I guess. Kind of strange coming from Whistler where trailwork occurs 7 days a week on a highly noticeable basis.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
was their gnar epic?

my new super t is waiting at the post office. you wanna walk over and grab it for me?

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
Hey, I saw you there, but I didn't see this post before I went up so I didn't know it was you.
I was on the blue Giant with the dorado.

Unfortunately at about 2:30 I broke my wrist trying to clear the waterfall on Sticks-and-Stones.

I'll see you up there in 6 weeks or so. :angry:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Joe Pozer said:
I'll see you guys tomorrow. -BB- is also going to be there.

It was SO nice to be back up there.
BigBear has NOTHING on N*

I thought the trails were in great shape. I was also happy to see some new trails.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I always here people talking about the waterfall but I'm not exactly sure which part it is that they are refering to. Is it the steep rocky section towards the top of the 2nd 1/2 of the trail, after you cross the dirt road?

bushwacker said:
Hey, I saw you there, but I didn't see this post before I went up so I didn't know it was you.
I was on the blue Giant with the dorado.

Unfortunately at about 2:30 I broke my wrist trying to clear the waterfall on Sticks-and-Stones.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
-BB- said:
It was SO nice to be back up there.
BigBear has NOTHING on N*

I thought the trails were in great shape. I was also happy to see some new trails.
Hey -BB-...it was great meeting up with you on Saturday. I need to take a road trip down south and check out the trails in your area.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
dfinn said:
I always here people talking about the waterfall but I'm not exactly sure which part it is that they are refering to. Is it the steep rocky section towards the top of the 2nd 1/2 of the trail, after you cross the dirt road?
That's the one...

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
bushwacker said:

Sorry to hear about your injury. What happened?

I've definitely noticed that the waterfall section has gotten sketchier over the past couple of weeks. A hole has formed at the very bottom just before a rock that is sticking up. If you don't expected it will send you over the handlebars or at least crush your jewels right into the saddle. :dead:

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
Joe Pozer said:

I've definitely noticed that the waterfall section has gotten sketchier over the past couple of weeks. A hole has formed at the very bottom just before a rock that is sticking up. If you don't expected it will send you over the handlebars or at least crush your jewels right into the saddle. :dead:
Over the bars and a piledriver into the dirt. Smashed my helmet pretty good, but only hurt my wrist really.
phew

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
It does suck rolling over that steep rock only to be looking down at another sharp rock looking up at you. I've thought about stopping and trying to move it.

Joe Pozer said:

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
dfinn said:
It does suck rolling over that steep rock only to be looking down at another sharp rock looking up at you. I've thought about stopping and trying to move it.
That hole has gotten pretty big from people dragging their brakes. As soon as you hit that hole the fork fully compresses just before hitting that sharp rock which seems to be sticking up more and more each day. Makes that sections really tricky. Last Sunday I took a line just to the right which seems to be a little easier then going straight into the hole.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Joe Pozer said:

I'm still bleeding internally from having the back of the saddle shoved into my lower abdomen at the bottom of that damn waterfall...I didn't want to have any smelly, crying babies anyway...