Quantcast

N* series is over.......

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
And what a series it was. For those out of the loop, N* hosted a Thur. night xc mtb series the past 7 weeks. First, it was great meeting a couple of you (AmyD for one). Those that gave me words of encouragement to move up to sport, thank you for kicking my lazy back-side. It was so much more worthwhile to ride the extra distance.

Kyle, the mtb park manager, and his co-horts, sure put on one heck of a variety of courses. Where last year's series was good and fun, this year's was exciting and a blast. It's amazing how Kyle could put so much into a 4-ish mile loop. Last night's, for example, made me realize that I could still stand to lose 30+ pounds (though I checked today, and I'm down to 230 from 254). And the post-race raffle was more than worth the $15 entry fee. In fact, last night, I won a Gamut guide!

If you're ever in the area next year on Thursdays, give the series a try. You won't be disappointed..................

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I wouldn't do that to you, Pat, since I'm still waiting for my step-son to give a race a try. Here I buy the gear for him, and he's yet to even take advantage of the 1/2-off ticket I got from Sea Otter........

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Haha. I rode there probably 7 days total this summer and still have 2 sea otter discount cards... I keep forgetting. I'll use them at the next race, hopefully!