Quantcast

N* Thursday night mtb series....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Is now done, and with a little fanfare, this over-weight, lard ass, broken-hearted fool of a rider took the overall series win for the, um, coughcough, beginner division. Though I was tied for points (best 5 of 7 for scoring), the tie break was that I rode all seven races. I know, big deal, most downhill courses are longer than the 3 1/2 miles my races were, however, what a way to celebrate Alaina's 9th b-day/5th in Heaven (it was this past Tuesday) with the overall.

There, now my gloating is over..............................

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Good job!

I've been out there riding the trails during the races. They have been super fun courses. Maybe next year I'll do the series. Mr.Amy has gotten into it and was happy to kill it in his division this week.

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
Is now done, and with a little fanfare, this over-weight, lard ass, broken-hearted fool of a rider took the overall series win for the, um, coughcough, beginner division. Though I was tied for points (best 5 of 7 for scoring), the tie break was that I rode all seven races. I know, big deal, most downhill courses are longer than the 3 1/2 miles my races were, however, what a way to celebrate Alaina's 9th b-day/5th in Heaven (it was this past Tuesday) with the overall.

There, now my gloating is over..............................
Nice job man!
I must have seen you out there and at the free dinner afterwards last night! It's awesome to have people out there having fun and keeping it real even if it is an XC race!
I vowed to never race XC again about 6 years ago because of the lame courses and lame attitudes out there, but the NStar series is different... sure there's a nasty climb , but the dh part is littered with rocks and actually fun in that you need some bike handling skills. I wish I raced more than just the last 2 races...

Congrats and we'll see you there next year!

And let's get a Super D series started next year - Sunday afternoons....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Thanks for kudos. B, if you'll recall, I was wearing the red/white jersey with "Team Alaina Sage" on the back, and "On an adventure with daddy" on the front. They/N* do put on a great gig, and the dinner was most appreciated. As for Sunday Super D, well, either I'm going to have to win lottery to have gobs of time off, or I'll be passing, since income is needed for bill-payment purposes.

Until next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!