Quantcast

NASCAR, you piss me off again.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
As if my English 2b teacher didnt already have enough of '60 year old bitch' in her, she had to be a nascar fan, thats right, a 60 year old bitch who loves to watch the nextel cup! ARG. so today i ask her if i can do some extra credit, cus i absolutly suck at the **** were doing, and she says yeah, i can do a paper on how great NASCAR racing is and why it is so popular! :mumble: DAMIT!

If there is one kind of racing i hate, its nascar for sure, id rather watch NHRA top fuel qualifying than the nextel cup, or even INDY car racing (but thats pushing it). I think im going to write a short paper on how much NASCAR sucks and how its audience is a bunch of beer guzling cretins who go to the races in hopes of being in a wendys comercial showing off their new tattoo. and how great other forms of racing are, like rally, f1, dakar or even truck racing. but theres no way im writing about NASCAR :mumble: !!!

this rant is over. i need to prep for chem class tomorrow (thats right, I have saturday classes.) :angry:

J

JRB

You're not gonna do to well on that extra credit then. Remember those guys all think we are fags for riding bikes. To each his own.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
loco-gringo said:
You're not gonna do to well on that extra credit then. Remember those guys all think we are fags for riding bikes. To each his own.
and because we never use the elevator or buy cheesie poofs by the yard.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Not all NASCAR fans are beer guzlin cretins. I happen to love all forms of auto racing, including NASCAR. Maybe your teacher will let you write something more technical about the sport rather than the fans. While the average fan may not be too bright, most of those mechanics and crew chiefs are engineering wizards. There is a ton of math involved in setting up a race car and the suspension systems are as involved and complex as Indy car suspension.

Yeah, most NASCAR fans are rednecks, but not all. And yeah, most of them think that we're a bunch of leg shaving, tree hugging, hippy phags for riding a bike. Yee Haw.

Maybe you can write about swamp buggy racing. "The mechanics and physics of gittin' outta the sippi hole."

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
what, are you her husband?

edit: i think that the reason nascar has so many smart people is becuase the brains follow the money. (usually) but, they should not even call it stock car racing, that would actaully be cool, if each company raced a PRODUCTION car, and not some super advanced car, that really cant be all that edvanced because there are so many rules.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
mack said:
what, are you her husband?

edit: i think that the reason nascar has so many smart people is becuase the brains follow the money. (usually) but, they should not even call it stock car racing, that would actaully be cool, if each company raced a PRODUCTION car, and not some super advanced car, that really cant be all that edvanced because there are so many rules.

How amusing is it that your ENGLISH teachers assignment has inspired this thread?
After reading your post I can see why you are seeking extra credit in the class.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mack said:
you couldnt be more right! but jeezuz, how usefull metaphors and poem analasis is!
perhaps you will end up in a trade that requires reading comprehension and critical thinking. or perhaps not.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Toshi said:
perhaps you will end up in a trade that requires reading comprehension and critical thinking. or perhaps not.
And think of this... If you can learn your language well enough, and I mean really really well, you can talk just about anyone into doing anything for you.

Freaking back hair pic... :dead:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
mack said:
you couldnt be more right! but jeezuz, how usefull metaphors and poem analasis is!
Based on your posts, I think you could use a bit of instruction on "poem analisis." Seriously, stop whining so much. Your teacher gave you an easy out; take it and write this paper. I mean, come on, a paper on NASCAR? What the hell? I have 2 papers due Monday: one on Thoreau and one on Herodotus. Wanna trade?

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
Silver said:
Based on mack's posts, his English teacher should be fired if she has ever given him a grade that was better than a D minus...

Based on mack's posts, his English teacher should be fired. Period.

Sorry, Mack. But it really is a good idea to learn how to write well. You don't see Donald Trump ( the a**hole!) hiring the illiterate guys.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I think some of you need to lay off the kid, was his post really that bad???

Mack,

Nascar sucks, I totally agree with that. regardless of the engineering involved, it is only popular because of it's unique ability to allow the (mostly overweight) audience to sit down (on their mostly overweight asses) and view the entire course (without lifting their mostly gigantic asses) all the while consuming overpriced and ridiculously unhealthy food and beverages, oh yeah of course this is while they are getting force fed sponsor logos and told what to do. Nascar fans happen to have the strongest brand loyalty of any sports demographic, not by some strange coincidence. Basically what I'm saying is nascar fans are predominantly mindless drooling fools who whole heartedly believe the hype they are being fed and the whole thing is a gimongous money making proposition. Nascar fans will only wash their clothes with Tide, eat at McDonalds and shop at Home Depot or Wal Mart. I know, I know—these business' are here to make money but watching Nascar is like subscribing to pay per view commercials. Why would anyone in their right mind pay simply to view advertising on such a large scale? All motorsports exist from sponsors dollars but most other than Nascar are much more true to their sports origins. Rally and Desert racing fans will hike all day to get to a remote spot where they only get to see a tiny fraction of the action but damn if they don't love it because of the raw talent and energy... anyway, rant over.

I noticed you said "even trucks", have you watched desert racing? It is just as fun as rally and in fact they go as fast and get waaaaaaay more air.

I build street legal desert trucks and write articles about it, check it out Trails Less Traveled

[FLAME SUIT ON] :eviltongu gimme what u got people, I'm ready!

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
first of all, let me say stereotypes would not exist if there was not some tiny bit of truth behind it. not that it makes it ok but i do agree there is a sterotype of nascar fans.
secondly, i have a masters degree in english and a masters degree in information science and consider myself to be an intelligent, articulate woman. i don't believe that i fit the stereotype espoused in this posting although i do agree there's a lot of "interesting" people at the races.
so maybe focus on getting your extra credit as opposed to slamming nascar fans. just a suggestion.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Do the paper with an open mind. Who knows, you might just learn something.
See if you can figure out how they get a push rod based engine to run 500 miles at 9,200 RPM and live. I had trouble getting one to do it in only 1,320 feet!

Bike racers that bag on NASCAR crack me up.
BTW, those low class rednecks seem to have no trouble rolling into the infield with their $500,000+ pusher motorhomes. Who knows, with an open mind you just might learn something from them too. They must be doing something right.

Punkassean, nice web site! I see you have Earls as a sponser. If you would ever like to save some coin on that type of stuff let me know. That's what I do for a living.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Leethal said:
Stereo typing is great, you'll get far in life.................
Hey man...I said "mostly" at least 4 or 5 times. I was generalizing, not stereotyping. All I did was present the facts, most Nascar fans are overweight and a brand loyal. Of course there are some Nascar fans that aren't like that at all but not a large percentage. Do some research you'll find it to be true...

I'm not scared to call it as it is, even if it isn't PC.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
stevew said:
All those Toyotas on your site and you build a Jeep for a rock crawler?

Shame.
The Jeep was our first project, we started it almost ten years ago. Since then we have leaned mostly towards Toyota's (mostly by coincidence). Don't worry though, by the second week of January, my 4Runner will be sitting on custom Toyota axles and 37's, with a longer wheelbase it should be able to hang with the Jeep in many situations. Don't get me wrong though, I love Jeeps and most all vehicles.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
punkassean said:
I think some of you need to lay off the kid, was his post really that bad???

Mack,

Nascar sucks, I totally agree with that. regardless of the engineering involved, it is only popular because of it's unique ability to allow the (mostly overweight) audience to sit down (on their mostly overweight asses) and view the entire course (without lifting their mostly gigantic asses) all the while consuming overpriced and ridiculously unhealthy food and beverages, oh yeah of course this is while they are getting force fed sponsor logos and told what to do. Nascar fans happen to have the strongest brand loyalty of any sports demographic, not by some strange coincidence. Basically what I'm saying is nascar fans are predominantly mindless drooling fools who whole heartedly believe the hype they are being fed and the whole thing is a gimongous money making proposition. Nascar fans will only wash their clothes with Tide, eat at McDonalds and shop at Home Depot or Wal Mart. I know, I know—these business' are here to make money but watching Nascar is like subscribing to pay per view commercials. Why would anyone in their right mind pay simply to view advertising on such a large scale? All motorsports exist from sponsors dollars but most other than Nascar are much more true to their sports origins. Rally and Desert racing fans will hike all day to get to a remote spot where they only get to see a tiny fraction of the action but damn if they don't love it because of the raw talent and energy... anyway, rant over.

I noticed you said "even trucks", have you watched desert racing? It is just as fun as rally and in fact they go as fast and get waaaaaaay more air.

I build street legal desert trucks and write articles about it, check it out Trails Less Traveled

[FLAME SUIT ON] :eviltongu gimme what u got people, I'm ready!
wow what is it with this brand loyalty crap you keep spewin? You know the same thing could be said about any sport on the friggin planet. Are you loyal to marzocchi? You brand loyalist. whjats so bad about being brand loyal at least ya know what your gettin. if thats the worst thing you can say about nascar then you should rethink your attitude towards it. they are all motivated by sponsors. Why do you pay for bike videos or magazines? Why would anyone pay to see the red bull rampage i mean with all those fox banners and and those red bull flags i mean come on your point is point-less. every sport is that way. thats how a sport gets money to reward the athletes. as far as brand loyalty goes of course they shop at home depot, wal-mart, lowes and even if they didnt advertise on the side of a car where the hell else you gonna go buy gardening supplies and lumber and things of that nature? And on another note the guys that drive those cars have some friggin balls man. I dont care what anybody says. I've been to a race and it was sick how fast they go in such close quarters.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
and on another note most of the guys i meet driving on trails are fat and use their 4 bys as a way to sit on their fat asses and go out in the woods and are very loyal to specific brands of everything.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Ciaran said:
While the average fan may not be too bright, most of those mechanics and crew chiefs are engineering wizards. There is a ton of math involved in setting up a race car and the suspension systems are as involved and complex as Indy car suspension.
This wasn't always true. As little as 4-5 years ago most NASCAR teams didn't even employee educated engineers. Some of the top teams like Roush did and their results showed. But what makes NASCAR so popular is its roots to weekend racing by regular Joes. Regular, blue collar 8:5ers race some of the same technology at their local tracks and that forms a bond between NASCAR and its fans. Add the availibilty of the drivers and the cars at autograph signings and even at the tracks and it truely does make the fans feel apart of the action. Where else can anyone sitting in stands listen into what the coach and player are talking about? Hah, I'd like to see that on the gridiron. I personaly don't care too much for it, but whats wrong with thosew that do?

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
punkassean said:
Hey man...I said "mostly" at least 4 or 5 times. I was generalizing, not stereotyping. All I did was present the facts, most Nascar fans are overweight and a brand loyal. Of course there are some Nascar fans that aren't like that at all but not a large percentage. Do some research you'll find it to be true...

I'm not scared to call it as it is, even if it isn't PC.
Hey punkassean I think Mack is the one that needs to do research since he needs the extra credit paper--- maybe he isn't bright enough to like Nascar-- I have been to 4 races and am a fan but generalizing I am a Northerner, Half German, Half Vietnamese, educated, bike and bottom obsessed male.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Non-Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks.

But I love it. I am not going to bother defending it bevause there are no motor sports that I do not like. Some do not interest me, but I there are too many Osama's and Saddams in the world to get that bent out of shape over a phvcking motorsport.

edit: Thanks Profro. But you forgot to say that NASCAR doesn't charge you $30 to park (like Gillette stadium) and you can BYOB. Oh yeah, you heard right! Coolers less than 14"x14" are permitted at NHIS.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Repack said:
Non-Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks.

But I love it. I am not going to bother defending it bevause there are no motor sports that I do not like. Some do not interest me, but I there are too many Osama's and Saddams in the world to get that bent out of shape over a phvcking motorsport.

edit: Thanks Profro. But you forgot to say that NASCAR doesn't charge you $30 to park (like Gillette stadium) and you can BYOB. Oh yeah, you heard right! Coolers less than 14"x14" are permitted at NHIS.

non athletic are you kidding me? those guys work out more than any of us do!try muscling a car around a track for 4 or 5 hours while holding your mental capacity together at 135 to 210 miles per hour. those dudes are in shape.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
biggins said:
non athletic are you kidding me? those guys work out more than any of us do!try muscling a car around a track for 4 or 5 hours while holding your mental capacity together at 135 to 210 miles per hour. those dudes are in shape.
I guess you missed the part where I said
Repack said:
But I love it
That was just some friendly sarcasm.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
biggins said:
What about the pit crew? Those guys train like a mofo. Change 4 tires (with 5 lug nuts each) and fill it with fuel in 12 seconds.