Quantcast

need a pump

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
well, my pump blew on the ride today :(

Do you have a pump you really like? Maybe one that'll get 110+psi?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Don't get a Crank Bros - mine blows off at eighty to ninety - it's nearly impossible to pump and keep it connected at high PSI.

Eventually you will want tires that will handle upwards of 140 PSI - your pump should be able to handle this. I use cylinders for group rides so that I can get moving again quickly. For my solo runs I use a Topeak Road Morph with the built in guage. It is larger than I would like but it really does a good job.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
CO2 use 16oz. Also for CO2 unless you're in a rush please don't use them. They are horrible for the enviroment :(

Bike mounted pumps I've used everything from the Serfas Little Sticks, to Specialized PVO, to Zefyls (spell check me here)
I usually either lose them or break them. I've been happy with my Specialized PVO, it's LONG.. and i've abused the poop out if it. Aka Took it on a MTN bike ride and used it as a lever to break something apart... heheh

Floor pumps.. Blackburns are nice, so are some of the Wrench Force ones! :)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
How is CO2 bad for the environment. I mean, CO2 = carbon dioxide, right? That's what we exhale, that's what plants need to "breathe".

Thanks for the suggestions... I wish I could carry a floor pump with me :)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
If you are thinking about the Topeak get the full size one.

Enviro-Nazis's are opposed the empty cylinders. To them I sat bite my ass - I dont drink anykind of soda and seldom crack a beer so a half dozen cartridges don't bother me that much.

The Jinx

I'm an angel
Apr 22, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
For frame pump MUST get Zefal HPX!!! It's the best todate. It can holds up hight PSI and this pump will live a lifetime but little bit on heavier side.

I have 2 pcs which still in use todate.

Lately I'm being to lazy, so I carry CO2. Get Barberi or Innovation

Look here for CO2

Good luck!