Quantcast

Need a Salsa recipe....

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I screwed up and must have deleted the recipe that I had.....

Looking for a blended salsa medium to medium/hot (not painful!) on the heat. Anyone have anything?

Jeb4

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Salsa by Ito
4 ripe tomatos
1 brown onion
2 sprigs cilantro
juice from half a lime
4+ Mexican chilis
1 Green Capsicum

Food process it to desired consistancy and serve it in a bowl with chips or spread on favorite tacos. It's simple and easy(I also found it was best if the cilantro was cut up and folded in, not blended).

Salt to taste and squirt lime on top of salsa and mix in. Very tasty, the fresher the ingredients the better. Roasting the chili's and capsicum before blending is also an option

The Ito

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Ito reciepe looks good to me except for the food processor part. I like to chop it less finely by hand. I don't like roasting the chilis or Capsicum (Green Pepper you freaks) either.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
N8's Pico de gallo:
1/2 - 1 cup of fresh roasted New Mexico green chile
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1/2 diced tomato
1/2 diced white onion
squeeze of lemon/lime
dash of sea salt
(optional) cilantro

To make some kick ass guacamole add in 3-5 avacados.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Changleen said:
Ito reciepe looks good to me except for the food processor part. I like to chop it less finely by hand. I don't like roasting the chilis or Capsicum (Green Pepper you freaks) either.
Chopping is ok, but food processor is easier and seems to provide better results. plus when i was making a lot of it blending is easy.

They called em Capsicums in Oz and they call them capsicums here....sure they are green and peppery but....ahh, whatever :mumble:

Leaving everything fresh and not roasting is definitely better, but when I made alot of the stuff I got requests for roasted.

N8, I think I'm going to make that guac...sounds tasty.

The Ito

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
ito said:
Chopping is ok, but food processor is easier and seems to provide better results. plus when i was making a lot of it blending is easy.

They called em Capsicums in Oz and they call them capsicums here....sure they are green and peppery but....ahh, whatever :mumble:

Leaving everything fresh and not roasting is definitely better, but when I made alot of the stuff I got requests for roasted.

N8, I think I'm going to make that guac...sounds tasty.

The Ito
You'll love it... but please use roasted green chile in it.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Thanks for the replies! All of these sound good!

A co-worker just gave me some home-grown chilies so I guess I have to use them for something.... :thumb:

jeb4