Quantcast

need Jr. T 04' advice...

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
For now I'm not using my Monster T setup...for now I'm thinking of running an 04' Jr. T (great shape - stock set up)...The fork would be installed on my Bullit -

...however there seems to be some mixed reviews on the 04'Jr. T ?...and there also seems to be a fair amount of riders who say the 03' Jr. T was seemingly better? Now I want to hear what the monkeys have to say - I truly do value monkey info over ...well all the rest.

...so what's the real deal? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

(my riding style & size)

I'm a big guy (6' 1" 190lbs.) F/R hucker type...some urban every now and then.

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
...yea - I posted there as well - keep an eye on it, I sure am...when you get yours let me know whatcha' think!

danW

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
ive had both an 03 and an 04' jrt (what im riding until i get a new fork) and can honestly say i liked the 03 better.
Ive broken two things on the fork in the 6 months ive had it. I blew one of the adjuster caps off the top of the stanchon (lost somewhere on the trail, not covered by warrenty) and havent replaced it as its 35 dollars. Its little and metal, shouldnt be that expensive.
I also had the bolt on the qr20 snap, and the little clip fall off. That happened immediately on landing a significant drop, and although it didnt do anything to the fork, or to me, definitely didnt inspire confidance. Since i work at a local shop, some of the other mechanics and i looked at it, and we didnt think that it would really make that much of a difference, seeing as i still had one, and as long as the axel was kept tight it should be fine, and it has.
Then i couldnt get the fork to feel right, it always felt really, really soft. Changed all the oil to heavier weights, and that helped a bit, changed all the springs to stiff, and now its fine. Not a bad fork though, once dialed. I wonder if anyone else had the problems i had with it.
Conversely, my 03 was almost perfect out of the box. Nothing snapped, or popped off, felt stiff, perfect after i changed one spring a leg. Both good forks, i just preferred the 03.
just my $.02 though, they're both decent forks. :monkey:

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
Ah, forgot something.
im about your height and weight, 6.0' 185 lbs, and i ride the same things, urban, heavy freeride, DH, dirtjumps sometimes... :thumb:

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Im selling my Jr T.

2004, came stock with my bike, i just upgraded to zocchi 66.......

its like new, i barely ride....

ill let it go for 270, moto stem included....

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
schweino1 said:
Im selling my Jr T.

2004, came stock with my bike, i just upgraded to zocchi 66.......

its like new, i barely ride....

ill let it go for 270, moto stem included....

Smokin Deal! Wish I hadn't just bought one.