Quantcast

need knee pad recommendations

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
My girl is petite size, and I was wondering whats the best knee pad for her. I was hoping something soft armor and not overly bulky? Are there any products specifically for women in this area? thnx!

Lady Gravity

Chimp
Jul 1, 2004
Mtnbike Mecca
beastgear makes some really cool girl armor - it even comes in pink and blue now! www.beastgear.com

i like it the best. the other stuff (roach, raceface) i find just really bulky. i have heard that dainese has really improved their armor - the old stuff really slipped around - so maybe check that out as well.

miatagal96

Chimp
Feb 7, 2007
For x-c riding, I like the Nike 'skinny knee pad' for $17.99. Here's a (very long) link: http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/productdetail/microsite--Eastbay4Her/cm--GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH/supercat--microsite/model_nbr--29112/sku--6006601/node--35003255/

I've had mine for over a year and they are comfortable and washable...and they keep the mosquitos away from the backs of your knees. I feel naked without them if I'm on a rocky trail. The only complaint I have is that they slip down if I'm wearing them over slippery tights (more of a problem with the tights than the pads).

I have tried rollerblading hard kneepads and I don't use them because the elastic cuts into the back of my knees and I have Rock Gardn knee/shin guards that I only use for downhill because it's tough to pedal a lot in them.....I always go back to my Nike's.

Good luck!!