Quantcast

Need moar Jester - The 2012 Monkeyfest thread

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Speaking of stickers... BadDNA, don't forget about my stick family stickers!! I've been anxiously awaiting those for like 8 months or something!! Although, I may need to take some other stickers off in order to fit them on my back window. I'm running out of room.
Already packed with my stuff.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
I can be there at whatever time is required, but poor Mudgirl is going to have to depart her home before the roosters start crowing.
Meh, I can forego the ride and just look forward to sleeping in and driving up later. I'm not getting up at 5am unless I'm already up. Departure day for M'fest is kinda like Christmas morning, though, so it's possible that could be the case.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Hi Monkeys!

We just decided today that we will be heading up to KT this weekend too! As usual, we will be staying with the Joyces in Lyndonville, but we'll def have to swing by the lodge & say hello to everyone!

Best Monkeyfest wishes to you all! If anyone wants to borrow our inflatable green Monkey, let us know. :rofl:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Final details:

We can check into the Lodge after 2pm. There is a key lock box, but I don't know the combo yet.

What to bring:
pillow
sleeping bag/blankets
fan (if you want one on you for sleeping there is no AC)
swimsuit - for the river & we're bringing a kiddie pool to cool off in
towel & shower supplies
Beverages of choice - generally everyone brings their own booze and there is much beer trading/sharing
cash or check for your portion of the weekend
Lights for night riding

I will be doing the grocery shopping tomorrow, but right now, cost is looking like:
$65-75 per person for those staying at the lodge and
$30-35 per person for food only
Note: I'll give you your exact total when you arrive.

Directions to the lodge (in case anyone needs them).

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Any monkeys have a spare 160-180 front IS disk adapter? I have a 160 rotor, need the adapter...would be happy to pay market price if I don't have to wait for mail order or pay $40 at an LBS...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Just a post mount. It shouldn't matter, but it's a shimano XT. I need an IS-180 mount. I have the 160, which will be fine up there, but I want a 180 at some point for the future.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Ok, so who's going to gun for the Strava KOM?

http://app.strava.com/segments/130445

Greggah, I'm in looking in your direction.
barf. barf barf barf. barf barf. barf?

one year some folks did it. I had the pleasure of sitting, hungover, in the back of badDNA's truck instead of pedaling. I still got winded.

If other people are doing it, I'm dumb enough to throw my roadie in the car and give it a shot.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
How about if we start from the campground? Think we'll get lapped?
I'd be up for Sunday. My plans are friday evening KT or Burke, Saturday KT followed maybe by a few laps on Burnham or a night ride, then DH on Sunday. If I die halfway up the hill on Sunday, I should be OK.