Quantcast

Need some help here

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
Two races next month; The U.S. Open in New Jersey and The Chile Challenge in Angelfire.

I have never been to Angelfire, so it would be a entirely new race for me.

The U.S. Open I think the course kind of sucks(raced twice) and is short(3 mins). I do have a lot of friends from back in MI that are going and I have not seen them in over a year. So I would get to ride the rest of the mountain and hang out with them.

Because of work I can only make one of these two races, which one should I go to and why?

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
Thats one hard question. Angelfire is one hell of a race course. but the freeriding around the course is so so.

Diablo has some of the best terrain for such a small area. I am hitting both places. and cant wait to rock all the diablo and local terrain. i grew up ~ hr away from diablo and my buds have some local trails so for me it makes sense to go race for 3 mins to ride killer east coast rocks for 5 days

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
DHCorky said:
Two races next month; The U.S. Open in New Jersey and The Chile Challenge in Angelfire.

I have never been to Angelfire, so it would be a entirely new race for me.

The U.S. Open I think the course kind of sucks(raced twice) and is short(3 mins). I do have a lot of friends from back in MI that are going and I have not seen them in over a year. So I would get to ride the rest of the mountain and hang out with them.

Because of work I can only make one of these two races, which one should I go to and why?
I'd let it rest on race priority. I know nothing of your skill level/class ect. But If I was an aspiring pro/semi-slow rider that could use a solid finish in a big race I would hit the open. Plus you'll get to compete against some big names and ultimately see how you stack up. It would for sure be a good experience. If you're just in this for the fun factor, hit AF, it's going to be cheaper, the course will be super fun and the people are usually great.