Quantcast

Need some help

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
Hey , I was curious if anyone might know this person.

Mark B Hurd
1508 mentone ave #a
grover beach, CA 93433
United States

I purchased a bike online from him and havent recieved anything and he doesnt return my calls or emails. I really dont know what to do at this point, but it was a $1400 transaction that I really cant afford to lose. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Well, I mapquested the address and it looks like this is in the Pismo Beach area, off the 101 freeway. I am much further south in Pasadena. Maybe try posting to the NCAL board as well. Sorry man, If I lived closer I would go find the guy for you. I got burned like that on a frame once and know first hand how bad it sux. Maybe you can call the police dept. in that area and see if there is anything they can do. Good luck, maybe some of the other Monkeys live a little closer and can go lynch the guy for ya.

Ciaran

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
Hey, thanks for the reply..ya, I'm pretty ticked off, and as far as the law goes I dont know what can be done, but thanks for the ideas. I am sure I will contact the authorities at some point.

Well, just a hint on the law thing, but if the guy sold you goods over the phone/mail/internet and you're not in California...it might be a federal crime for him to balk or rip you off. Do a net search on Federal consumer protection...there's a website out there I'd give you if I hadn't wiped my links.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
EBasil said:
Well, just a hint on the law thing, but if the guy sold you goods over the phone/mail/internet and you're not in California...it might be a federal crime for him to balk or rip you off. Do a net search on Federal consumer protection...there's a website out there I'd give you if I hadn't wiped my links.

Thanks for the helpful tips! I did some research and in your state he commited a felony since the act was over $600. I can file a sister suit in my state that will require him to appear. All I can get is a judgement here and cannot get him on the felony charge , but seems I can then take that judgement to Cali where he can be tried in a superior court. Obviously this may or may not be true, and might cost me some dough , but at this point it will be worth it to ruin his life as much as possible :devil:

I dunno, I really just want my bike or the money and not all the hassle

markhurd76

Chimp
Aug 1, 2013
Did you ever get your bike?

thanks for the helpful tips! I did some research and in your state he commited a felony since the act was over $600. I can file a sister suit in my state that will require him to appear. All i can get is a judgement here and cannot get him on the felony charge , but seems i can then take that judgement to cali where he can be tried in a superior court. Obviously this may or may not be true, and might cost me some dough , but at this point it will be worth it to ruin his life as much as possible :devil:

I dunno, i really just want my bike or the money and not all the hassle