Quantcast

Need some new enduro gear

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Switching over from downhill to enduro and looking at getting some new gear. I'm pretty much between specialized and fox gear what my shop can get. Not exactly sure what else they can maybe se7en I heard they make good knee pads. Any suggestions as I'm new to enduro. Want some comfy knee pads and some new lighter enduro shoes to replace my old fiveten's that are a bit heavy. Also need some new helmets(full face and regular). Thanks for your opinions

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I'm not racing but doing AM rides with friends, so take my input with a pinch of salt.

The Shimano Enduro line of shoes is affordable, comfy and durable. Plus they suit my narrow feet pretty well, and have a good compromise between walking and pedaling. They won't kill your lower back when hiking, and they won't sink the cleat in your feet when riding.

A friend has a set of Seven IDP knee guards and likes them so far, although they're a bit hot in the summer. I'm using the long version of TLD's Shock Doktors (the 5450 I believe) and find them to be pretty solid, transpirable and true to size.

CheetaMike

Monkey
Jul 17, 2016
Whonnock BC Canada
I run the 7IDP and like them , I would like to try a smaller size , mine are the Transition Wrap Knee .

I had the RF Indy , and they tear really quickly , IMO they are a better leg warmer then a pad .

If I was looking for a pad for Enduro racing I would look at the 7IDP Flex Knee/Shin combo .

As for shoes , used 5/10,s I prefer the Shimano AM7, work well in the wet and muck ,and after spending several 6hrs race days in them ,they are a foot saver .

Helmets

I prefer a fullface and use the Urge Archi Enduro , but am upgrading to the newer version , or the Fox Proframe in the next few months .

Last edited:

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
Can't speak highly enough abt my 5.10 Freerider Pros. They rip. Not "Enduro specific" but thats probably only because they don't have a water bottle holder. Great shoes.

I've run the POC VPD 2.0s for a few years. Their durability is truly insane. Have taken so many falls and are just still solid. They def don't pedal as well as they used to though, so I am on the hunt for some new pads myself.

For helmet, I've been on the Bell Super 2R bandwagon for a couple years. Looking hard now at the Leatt DBX Enduro V2 now. Looks killer, I like the extra coverage and I like Leatt's reputation. Does Kali make a convertible helmet? I'd be very interested in that too, love that company.

CheetaMike

Monkey
Jul 17, 2016
Whonnock BC Canada
Can't speak highly enough abt my 5.10 Freerider Pros. They rip. Not "Enduro specific" but thats probably only because they don't have a water bottle holder. Great shoes.

I've run the POC VPD 2.0s for a few years. Their durability is truly insane. Have taken so many falls and are just still solid. They def don't pedal as well as they used to though, so I am on the hunt for some new pads myself.

For helmet, I've been on the Bell Super 2R bandwagon for a couple years. Looking hard now at the Leatt DBX Enduro V2 now. Looks killer, I like the extra coverage and I like Leatt's reputation. Does Kali make a convertible helmet? I'd be very interested in that too, love that company.

I think Kali just has 1 piece designs , I know they just released a couple of new version that are lighter in weight . Check out the Fox , those I have chatted with who use it liked it .

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
as dorky as they are, fanny packs are functional as hell. i definitely prefer it over a regular pack for shorter rides (under 2 hours) and when its super hot out.