Quantcast

nemesis project

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
I remember the site got defaced awhile back. Apparently it's still not back up???

Speaking of Nemesis. Check this drama...
Cru there is no reason to post that up, please edit your post that does nothing but give a bad name to someone who puts alot of extra time and money into his components to make them work prefect.

Brad im hoping will chime in but you can get ahold of him by email. I dont want to post his email adress online so if you pm me any questions or stuff like that ill do my best to answer them

brad makes stellar products, but his future clients should make sure their understanding of an agreement is the same as his understanding of the same agreement...

always remember, nobody is really doing you any favors, there is always a reason for something...

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Cru there is no reason to post that up, please edit your post that does nothing but give a bad name to someone who puts alot of extra time and money into his components to make them work prefect.
In all fairness, I think people deserve to see something like this. I have reserved my opinion and just posted up the link.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal

Brad im hoping will chime in but you can get ahold of him by email. I dont want to post his email adress online so if you pm me any questions or stuff like that ill do my best to answer them
thanks for the support Foggy!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i am not getting involved in any of this but i talked to brad on the phone a couple of times and all i can say is that he seemed to be of great help and the customer service is amazing. now i am going to leave before i get dragged into this too.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Brad, I think you're missing the point. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mike. But, as far as I know, the main reason that Mike is making an issue about the price is because of the run-around he got during the build, the amount of time that it took, and the fact that he drove 11 hours round trip to Sea Otter to pick up the bike just to find out that it wasn't completed.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Brad just bow out of this one, pleanty of guys out there love your good clean work so just let this thread die. That said i can't wait to send you my fork to get nemisized...

_Bill

West Coast get over it, if you have spent much time building small frame type custom jobs you would realize it isnt always easy to get it to line up right on time...:banghead:

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i too have spoken to brad on the phone and through a lot of emails, that said it was almost a year ago. i was very happy with his customer service, emails were responded to same day with very comprehensive responses. he also called me back quickly, unlike most other companies i've ever dealt with. complaints about payments don't only go on with brad. check in with your lbs, and i'm pretty sure that they will have had a situation in which they negotiated a price with a customer and then were only paid part of what was owed. this usually happens in smaller shops where deals are more personal and the shop owner tries to really work with the customer to get them a deal. i'm not sure what's going in these particular arguments and i'm not making accusations or assumptions, but bikes aren't cheap, and i've seen more than a few people try to wiggle their way out of paying what they should.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
I've been dealing with brad for a long time now(almost 2 years I think). Yes a few things from him haven't been shipped right away, but the man has a lot of sh!t and little groms to deal with so a little delay is nothing compared to the quality of the product you receive. Nempro products are almost like a work of art, it takes time. Brad thanks for having a small brand that make killer products and BACKS THEM UP!

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
why you guys make it public all your internals problems.
I don't think that posting this up is gonna help change anything...

Brad, I think you're missing the point. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mike. But, as far as I know, the main reason that Mike is making an issue about the price is because of the run-around he got during the build, the amount of time that it took, and the fact that he drove 11 hours round trip to Sea Otter to pick up the bike just to find out that it wasn't completed...
this is absolutely the reason. thank you jeremy....

(subsequent dirty laundry was removed)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It should phase you. It should make you think twice about what you're doing.

The whole story isn't up on display, of course, so it would be unfair to address specific points without knowing the outcome, but so far what I've seen is a complete inability to deliver on promises. There are a lot of reasons that can happen. Inexperience, lack of consideration, being scared of losing the business, poor planning... But none of the reasons are good.

Not only that, but this is the THIRD time I've watched you try to shrug it off as someone else's responsibility in one breath, and in the next breath claiming you're taking full responsibility. Calling complaints like this a "sh*t storm" or "talking sh*t" or "drama" is to imply that they are without validity, and that doesn't appear to be the case. You may not like how they are worded, or the fact that they are in a public forum, but not addressing them in a calm and professional manner is a mistake.

Have you heard the phrase, "the customer is always right"? Do you know why it's true? Because a business revolves around making the customer happy, regardless of what they want or what you think about them. Case in point, with the so-called drama about the bars, you refunded the guy's money (which was good and bad, it's good he got the money back but he didn't ask for it, he wanted the product) but then had to post up some lame comments about not wanting to deal with impatient customers. It was your fault the item was late, not his.

Blockhead

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
@ the end of the day this is the problem with boutique bike companies. Unique is nice but the product is rarely worth the hastle. Theres a reason why few companies survive. Posting up the drama hardly helps the case

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
@ the end of the day this is the problem with boutique bike companies. Unique is nice but the product is rarely worth the hastle. Theres a reason why few companies survive.
I disagree with this. Generalizations are unfair for the exceptions. There are a lot of small builders that deliver great product without hassle and that have survived forever.

Posting up the drama hardly helps the case.
But I agree with this 100%.

PS, in case anyone is interested, here is the bike, it doesn't really matter but it sure is dope:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180370&highlight=chrome+nemesis

mikeG

Chimp
Nov 14, 2004
Menlo Park, CA
It bums me out to see a thread like this since I am huge supporter of Nemesis Project. I can't comment about the other opinions offered but I can only speak from my own experience and I had no problems with Brad when he built my Secret Agent. He was great about responding to e-mails and exceeded my expectations with the finished product. The SA is the best bike I have owned and I felt that Brad supplied great customer service.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Ahh, I see. So people should remain ignorant and uninformed about company that's likely to cause them problems?
Ok, so maybe I don't agree 100%...

I think it's fine to state the facts on one side and let the other respond. I was referring to the endless back-and-forth drama that rarely helps anyone. I've been on both sides and for every bad company it seems there is an unethical customer who uses the notion that the "customer is always right" to their advantage by spewing negative publicity all over the web. That's a cost of doing business, I guess, but it still hurts the honest guys. (Not saying that's what happened here, I have no idea.)

Blockhead

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
I disagree with this. Generalizations are unfair for the exceptions. There are a lot of small builders that deliver great product without hassle and that have survived forever.

I'll give you that, Ive owned a couple brooklyn's and have nothing but good things to say about them. Ripped the brake boss's of a park frame, and had a new one in my possesion in a few days no ?'s asked.
The nemisis project looks like it has a bunch of potential, Ive never seen anything personaly but i like what pics I've seen posted up. Maybe they've just overextended themselve's a bit as small companies often do. I've actually been watching them and considering them as a possible purchase for a min now. The drama turns me off far more than the late delivery

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've been on both sides and for every bad company it seems there is an unethical customer who uses the notion that the "customer is always right" to their advantage by spewing negative publicity all over the web.
I agree that stirring up publicity at every turn is not helpful. I also believe, however, that the negative experiences are important to bring to the surface. WCH has been posting a long time here and at MTBR and has always given the companies he's dealt with a fair turn.

This is the third problem with Nemesis that has come to light on this board in the past month or so. That's not a good track record. I'm seeing a pretty clear pattern here where Evil4bc can't come through with a promise - which is one thing - but then things take a turn for the worse and he thinks he should get all snappy with the customers over it, like they don't have any right to be frustrated.

You want to take a prime example of how to handle customers on a board? Look at DW's track record. When a nasty complaint surfaced about E.13, DW would calmly state their side - which, incidentally, usually put them above reproach since it typically ended up being a problem with the customer - make whatever offer he could to fix it, and that was that. That's what goes on in a good business. You don't turn around and retaliate with bitchy comments and nasty remarks when a customer has a problem.

So far, Brad has said that a customer who has no shock and no money was starting a "sh*t storm" and tried to use an excuse that a misrepresented product was sold "as-is" - not to mention insulting the person - he told a customer who had a two month delay on a set of handlebars that he would no longer tolerate impatience along with some unpleasant comments about expectations, and he's made several derogatory remarks to WCH who had his order price increased, money spent out of his own pocket, delays and poor communication.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I agree that stirring up publicity at every turn is not helpful. I also believe, however, that the negative experiences are important to bring to the surface. WCH has been posting a long time here and at MTBR and has always given the companies he's dealt with a fair turn.

This is the third problem with Nemesis that has come to light on this board in the past month or so. That's not a good track record. I'm seeing a pretty clear pattern here where Evil4bc can't come through with a promise - which is one thing - but then things take a turn for the worse and he thinks he should get all snappy with the customers over it, like they don't have any right to be frustrated.

You want to take a prime example of how to handle customers on a board? Look at DW's track record. When a nasty complaint surfaced about E.13, DW would calmly state their side - which, incidentally, usually put them above reproach since it typically ended up being a problem with the customer - make whatever offer he could to fix it, and that was that. That's what goes on in a good business. You don't turn around and retaliate with bitchy comments and nasty remarks when a customer has a problem.

So far, Brad has said that a customer who has no shock and no money was starting a "sh*t storm" and tried to use an excuse that a misrepresented product was sold "as-is" - not to mention insulting the person - he told a customer who had a two month delay on a set of handlebars that he would no longer tolerate impatience along with some unpleasant comments about expectations, and he's made several derogatory remarks to WCH who had his order price increased, money spent out of his own pocket, delays and poor communication.
Agreed. And I have heard other, similar stories in addition to the three you mentioned, which is why I posted the link in the first place.

Brad has enough supporters around here and on other forums that I don't think this will "ruin" his business. But, I at least hope it helps him change for the better.