Quantcast

New 2009 Shova Trail bike... BLUE!

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
Just built this up here for some pictures and a show and the bike turned out so nice! The camera we have just doesn't really capture the beauty of this bike.
So look at it and times it by 10WF (Wow Factor)... gives you an idea..
The new bike has the Zero stack headset from Cane Creek on it and I threw on my last years 4X wheelset with the blue spokes and silver hubs. The new bike has the hydro formed tubing so its lighter and stiffer and looks pretty good!
The new blue color really pops!
The bike weighs in just over 28lbs and has a rear travel of 5.5" for the Trails in NC it rides really well and is super stiff with the I9 wheels.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Looks like an awesome setup. What did you do with the Shova you raced DS on a couple years ago. I remember it with the ratted out sunline grips that were worn all the way through.

Are those the R1 brakes?

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
Yep the new R1 brakes are nice! I still have mine that I'm using right now but I may just take over this one.... its so nice and my one still works really well but I think I need something like this to show on the trails... most of the parts on the bike are mine anyways.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
Just built this up here for some pictures and a show and the bike turned out so nice! The camera we have just doesn't really capture the beauty of this bike.
So look at it and times it by 10WF (Wow Factor)... gives you an idea..
The new bike has the Zero stack headset from Cane Creek on it and I threw on my last years 4X wheelset with the blue spokes and silver hubs. The new bike has the hydro formed tubing so its lighter and stiffer and looks pretty good!
The new blue color really pops!
The bike weighs in just over 28lbs and has a rear travel of 5.5" for the Trails in NC it rides really well and is super stiff with the I9 wheels.

Hey DHracer,

is that a M size? How tall are you, i am struggeling betwewn a M and L at the moment (i am 1,83 cm)

Thanx for your (or any other) feedback

Santa

MorewoodKid

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
In the woods...
Nice bike G-Dog! Looking really good with the wheels and kit! Those R1's are solid, just make sure you bed them in nice and slooooooowwww.

What happened to the "anthracite" frame which we did to match your DH and 4x frames? You get this yet?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Seat angle looks, :twitch:

I was thinking the same thing. That angle wont last long on a bike actually being pedaled, or should I say the rider wont :p

The bike looks sweet though. It's build looks like it'll fit the nc riding very well.