Quantcast

New and Improved 29er Photo Gallery Thread

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
I was wondering when those photos would make it over here!!
Did I mention she's 24#'s WITH the Mary bar?

just one quick spin on the 20t...I think it will be JUUUUST what the Dr Ordered for here on Mt A....

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
Not too shabby at all on the weight - are you digging Mary? I know you hated the Fleegle bars right? Mary's better?
The fleegles were the wrong choice for my fully, but they might actyually be pretty nice on this ride....I dig the mary's...In fact, I don't even notice them until I look at them...that is a good thing!

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
My recent build. I'm not liking the Fleegles so far though (causing some wrist pain). I am waiting on a wide Syncros flat bar that should work out better.
Did you try a few different angles on them?

Nice Ninja Ape!

RJ

RacerX100

Chimp
Feb 14, 2007
Huntersville, NC
Yeah, I just can't get comfortable with them. A little over a month of riding and the hand position still feels wrong to me. I like wide bars too but these aren't working.

lovehamr

Chimp
Dec 15, 2006
Lets see if I can get the pic thing right. If I do, they'll be pics of my Kona Unit 2-9 with Explosif droppouts (so I can go geared) and a rigid Kona fork.

Aug 1, 2006
Newtown, CT
Nice Kona! I love that bike. First time I have seen one geary.

OK, how about these apples: Qball a la kid transporter. Got my Qball connected to a Burley d'Lite over the weekend. My son loved it!

Pix to be posted later - have to resize them.

lovehamr

Chimp
Dec 15, 2006
CT, I'm amazed at how fast I can go on the apples and they float over all sorts of loose sand and dirt. That's something that my 250# + ass is not used to, normally my tires just dig in. One thing though; the dropouts have to be moved way back for the tire to clear the front derailure. They're that big.

MMcG, the Selle SMK Strike is the most comfortable saddle that I've ever ridden. I/we have tried all sorts of saddles from most manufacturers and have nearly always gotten hot spots and the dredded dead penis. During the warmer monthes we ride about 100mi a week. During the cooler months not so much. We tried the lower line Selle SMP TRK first to see if we would the idea and now I've changed up to the Strike Pro and would like to try the Strike Plus which is a few cm wider at the back (I have a big ass! LOL). The biggest down side for the SMPs is the cost. At about $55 for the low-line TRK (which I destroyed in 1 week at Tsali) and about $219 for any of the others, they are not cheap. In fact I paid for the saddle almost what I paid for the Kona frame. This is a pic of the family quiver;

Of the 7 bikes in the pic, 4 have SMP saddles. The only reason they all don't is the cost. As time and $$$ allow they will all get them eventually.

Steve

lovehamr

Chimp
Dec 15, 2006
CT, you guys are ready for some touring! I once did a 20+ miler with my youngest son on one of those trail behind half bikes when he was about 6. By the end I was begging "Please son, for the love of God, would you please pedal!?" LOL How come I see that coming for you?

Steve

Aug 1, 2006
Newtown, CT
CT, you guys are ready for some touring! I once did a 20+ miler with my youngest son on one of those trail behind half bikes when he was about 6. By the end I was begging "Please son, for the love of God, would you please pedal!?" LOL How come I see that coming for you?

Steve
Yeah, that is how I got my daughter riding so early - she's six and already riding 20" wheels. My son is not quite ready for the trail-a-bike, probably another year. Knowing him, he'll rather want to stay in in the trailer. Never-the-less, its really fun.

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
Thanks Brant & On One for making it possible for me to LOVE this bike/setup even more!!!!!!!

el-cid

Chimp
Nov 4, 2004
Anaconda, MT, USA
Hmm, looks like I haven't added to this thread yet; not sure how come. Anyway, here's a few pictures-one of the Vicious and one of the Strong; for some reason I can't find one of the ChiTi single speed. I'll have some pics. of the new Ventana El Comandante soon too.

Attachments