Quantcast

New and need help, point me in the right direction and its on behind my house

geauxktm

Chimp
Dec 6, 2010
Chattanooga
Whats up, I am wanting to buy a DH bike and get involved in the scene around my area. The best thing is my backyard and the 1200ft MTN back there has the potential to be the best around according to a racer/freerider that I took back there. Of course I will need some help and whoever helps gets to ride and there is a wagontrail to the top that my 2wd Sequioa makes it up on a dry day and some momentum. A guy that wants to also get into the sport is wanting to spend 4 or 5k to get someone out there that has built good stuff before. Just found this classifieds for bikes around my area and advice would be much appreciated. http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?region=3&category=1&countryid=194&provid=23

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?region=3&category=1&countryid=194&provid=55

I really dont want to spend much more than $1500 and those in the $650 range look like they would do the job but that is why I am asking. Im 5ft8&3/4" and 180lbs all freakin muscle. Im open to financing a new one if used will keep me from riding and keep me spending. Thanks, the layout for trails behind my place truly is awesome and I need to put that greatness to use.... Thanks

bikecowboy

Chimp
Nov 6, 2012
WNC
Depending how hard you ride will have more to do with whether you keep spending. With TTC and Windrock close by there is great riding to be done as your skill level goes up so make sure you have ample travel, brakes, and a slack enough geometry or you will have a hard time progressing. The steeper more gnarley stuff you ride you will end up breaking stuff just don't go for a cheap bike just because it says its a dh bike.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Sounds like you have some great potential, but you are looking for a good crew of locals to help you get the ball rolling, not a professional trailbuilder. Save your 4 or 5k and just buy the troops beer and food and the offer of a great place to ride should be enough. It sounds like a lot of money but unfortunately, will hardly make a dent in the construction of any professionally built trail.

rbrogers

Chimp
Aug 27, 2012
cleveland T.N.
I'm located in Cleveland if you need any help just hit me up I'm usually
Always free unless I'm at races send me a pm and ill give ya my number