Quantcast

New Apple Goodness!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Very interesting.

If Apple has its way, there won't be a seam or a button left in the entire world :D

I'm surprised they didn't incorporate their pinch zooming. That actually might have made me buy it. As it is, I'll probably just regard it as a novelty. Also, can't they make it in something other than white? Goddamn.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Surprised they didn't use a proprietary internal battery that could only be charged by being plugged into the computer.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I get at least 3 months out of a pair of eneloop aaa batteries on my Logitech with heavy use, so it doesn't sound crazy to me with regular use.

Not enough buttons for me though...If I don't have five I start to twitch.
thats still a long time for a mouse. i get a few weeks worth from my Logitech bluetooth mouse.

tear down on the mouse:
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Magic-Mouse/1240/1

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Very interesting.

If Apple has its way, there won't be a seam or a button left in the entire world :D

I'm surprised they didn't incorporate their pinch zooming. That actually might have made me buy it. As it is, I'll probably just regard it as a novelty. Also, can't they make it in something other than white? Goddamn.
I was interested in getting on, but apparently it currently only works with the new Imac. I'm guessing when it gets wider compatibility pinch zoom etc will be added?

I've noticed a trend with Apple... when they introduce a new product, one or several features (which many people would deem "key features", or at least features not having any clear reason why they weren't added) are always missing. Then, a year or two down the road, they release an "new" version of the same product, now touting some or all of these intially missing features.

I'm starting to wonder if this is done deliberately as a means to get the early adopters to make a repeat purchase of what is fundamentally the same product :clue: :tinfoil:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
it seems to work every time....people will still buy them....like why did the Nano not have picture taking capability and only video?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've noticed a trend with Apple... when they introduce a new product, one or several features (which many people would deem "key features", or at least features not having any clear reason why they weren't added) are always missing. Then, a year or two down the road, they release an "new" version of the same product, now touting some or all of these intially missing features.

I'm starting to wonder if this is done deliberately as a means to get the early adopters to make a repeat purchase of what is fundamentally the same product :clue: :tinfoil:
This is why I'm not an early adopter of Apple products.

Actually, I'm generally not an adopter of Apple products at all :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is why I'm not an early adopter of Apple products.

Actually, I'm generally not an adopter of Apple products at all :D
Hey, the one thing I can't argue is that it's an effective business tactic.

Steve Jobs said:
Removable battery? psh!
mms? psh!
video? psh!
3g? psh!
We'll throw these in next year and get all the hipsters to buy the same thing again!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it seems to work every time....people will still buy them....like why did the Nano not have picture taking capability and only video?
actually, the lens to do both would have required a few more mm of thickness. They chose form factor over functionality. Personally, I think it would have made more sense to go with still camera over video.

edit:

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPod-nano-5th-Generation/1157/3

step 17. speculation, but makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
mac mini also looks pretty awesome.
I'm still rockin' my Intel 1.6 I bought to use as a jukebox with 2 GB of RAM and able to work on giant Photoshop files and everything else that goes along with being a graphic artist.

Bad Azz little machine paired with big external hard drives!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Surprised they didn't use a proprietary internal battery that could only be charged by being plugged into the computer.
I thought it required pixie dust and ground unicorn horn? /sarcasm BTW posting from the MBP 13" I got about a month ago, in in a Borders books with my daughter and getting ready to walk to the apple store to see if they have the mouse in stock.

Stinky: My daughter moved to a 20" and is almost ready for a 24" bike. I have a nice electra girls blue bike for your santa program. if you would like PM me.