Quantcast

New bike

HiGh fLyEr

Chimp
Dec 23, 2001
Hey I'm looking to get my new bike soon. I'm into freeriding and urban, and I'm looking for a bike that can take as much abuse as possible. Unfortunately I don't got much to spend. What are your opinions on the Norco Sasquatch? Can it take the abusse of an intermediate rider.

What do you think of the Z.1 Wedge that comes on it? I've heard good and bad things about it. I only weigh 120 pounds so I think it would hold up alright. Right?

Any thing that I should try to upgrade when I buy it?

All opinions are greatly appreciated!

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by HiGh fLyEr
Hey I'm looking to get my new bike soon. I'm into freeriding and urban, and I'm looking for a bike that can take as much abuse as possible. Unfortunately I don't got much to spend. What are your opinions on the Norco Sasquatch? Can it take the abusse of an intermediate rider.

What do you think of the Z.1 Wedge that comes on it? I've heard good and bad things about it. I only weigh 120 pounds so I think it would hold up alright. Right?

By what I see on the web site the Sasquatch is pretty tough looking, how much does it cost?
I have always been a believer in build from scratch, the last complete bike I bought was back in '89. Then you don't worry about upgrades, because the parts are right to begin with!
There's a bizillion ways to build a bike and if you're going for durability, you have even more options. Look at bmx parts when possible because they're usually cheaper and stronger (read: HEAVIER) :D

Jekyll800

Chimp
Jan 12, 2002
Connecticut
alright if you want somethin freeride/downhill go with Azonics Eliminator its about $1300 for a four bar link rear suspention with some shweet boxXers it has disc's also lets see what else...o yeah it has mainly xt/lx stuff its plenty worth it:D

Jekyll800

Chimp
Jan 12, 2002
Connecticut
Another good bike for stuff like that is the cannondale badboy jekyll at $1999 comes with mainly lx components and has airshox in zee back has fatty ultra d in front to to it all off it comes with road wheels, if you want a better plain ol mountianbike go with th konas at www.konaworld.com very cheep bikes with awsome suspention...except for two that are like $5000

Urban_Ryder

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Originally posted by HiGh fLyEr

how much ya got to spend? if not much, may i suggest a DMR Trailstar? great urban frame!