Quantcast

New bikey

J

JRB

biggins said:
what the hell happened to the soma?
Couldn't get it in anything but red. I wanted orange. Then I was getting a Masi. Then I called Soma to see when orange would be available. He told me this was pretty much a smoothie with Breezer dropouts. It has nicer welds. It is 853 and the new Somas will be 631, due to cost.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
werd dawg. you know what is even cooler than your new bike? before this post my count was 6,666

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Congo Rats!

Where'd ya get it? How much? Why are the handlebars so tilted forward? Are those Time Atac pedals? What material? Is that a compact double? Looks like there's a spacer above the stem? If so, cool, that'll give you lots of options. Are you going to put a bigger cassette on when you come here? Is it full Ultegra?

J

JRB

Opie, Local shop ordered it. It was $375. Yup - I ride atacs on everything. Ritchey WCS 50 x 34 with a 12-23 DA cassette. Ultegra bb, calipers, derailleurs, 105 shifters. Dean Ti post. Yes there is a spacer. I haven't ridden it so I am not sure where the stem will end up. I have a 25 cassette, but will likely put a 27 on for REAL mountains. The bars just look tilted, but aren't really. I am in the market for new ones. Not sure what yet. I want relatively cheap ones. The frame is 853 with breezer dropouts. The top tube welds and the head tube welds have been silver soldered for appearance and strenth. I am fairly impressed with it.