Quantcast

New Black Market project??

Pete..

Monkey
Feb 11, 2009
Santa Cruz
Agreed. But unlike razors, fixies have been around a lot longer than the fad, and they will still be around when the fad fades.
Right, that's why I said in 'mainstream form'. I remember going to SF when I was young and seeing dudes on fixed gears mashing hills. Now-a-days you see a lot more of them all over the place.

Regardless, I give props to fixed gear riders. They do stupid **** I would never do.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
There is a need for these types of bikes, so BM fills that need with a quality frame. What is the big deal? If they make enough $$ to keep the DJ line going, then all is good. If 2011 rolls around and all they have is fixie frames, well, then that is a different story.

I am not a fan if fixies but I don't really care if BM makes them. As long as they maintain what got them where they are.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
fixed is fun, a bike like this is awesome cuz you can haul ass from place to place and still hop curbs. im not into the freestyle part but its nice to have a bombproof bmx-like bike that can get you places.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
It might be easier to scam fixie riders
that's hilarious

fixed is fun, a bike like this is awesome cuz you can haul ass from place to place and still hop curbs. im not into the freestyle part but its nice to have a bombproof bmx-like bike that can get you places.
To each his/her own. I have my old xc frame that I made into a commuter bike, she's strong and has mostly bmx parts so it almost fit the description you have. I rip around just fine, sounds like you reserve your freestyling to your bmx bike like I do.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
That's what Nemesis Project did, he's like full fixie it seems like.
Brooklyn's kinda threatening to do the same thing a bit. But like someone else said, if they can sell fixed gears to pay the bills to put out the other rad bikes they make, I'm totally okay with it.

yaa, im not eloquent, and? if your gay acting, or gay looking and your riding bmx or mtbmx, your probably gonna get razzed a bit, so get used to it and go get a mani pedi and listen to some phoenix or something....
Take your ignorance elsewhere. May I suggest...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I'm not going to take part in the fixie debate as time has proved these never lead to anything and most times end in tears..

..but I just wanted to add blk mrkt should've chosen the name a bit more carefully as NSF already exists in the form of a crew of English street bmx'ers and their bmx shop and series of videos

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4590018393917493838#
Hahaha, tears? Really? I guess maybe the emo-hipster set would probably cry if someone called them out for jumping on the trendwagon...and it would be pretty funny to see the eye makeup run as they walked away crying with the bike they don't know how to ride...

And anyway I though NSF was N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor, also known as N-ethylmaleimide sensitive fusion proteins, the enzyme.

:think: :D

bike rider

Chimp
May 12, 2010
As far as i can tell you guys sound like a bunch of bmxers talking about mtb!
All of you know that when mtb started there where people in outher blogs talking sh*t about it as well.. If you guys would look into something befor you start to slam it you might have seen that all fixed freestyle is heading to bmx and mtb style. Evey thing we use is made by your way cool companys!
and by you saying that the companys selling fixed to pay the bills and stay in bussness is cool. what dose that have to say about the companys? and as far as making fun of the rims and tires. We use mtb rims and tires. 29er sun rims and 2.2 tires all day son! Bottem line is every thing new is consitered a trend by people who dont know what the h3ll there talking about. Dont forget where mtb came from. So get off your computers and get on your bikes! And if your at work killing time like me look up (wrahw) and look at some edits of what fixed gear is turning in to and you will see what im talking about. besides if im rite the first bike was some kind of fixed geared bike any way. Food for thought. Dont get mad and think im cracking on mtb or bmx cause im not...

Last edited:

Djmp3

Chimp
Nov 22, 2009
Vermont
It's a fad and nothing more than an accessory to an emo hairdo and a messenger bag. You know it. Just because some guys decide it's the next new challenge doesn't mean squat other than they found a fixie before a unicycle.

indeed kidwoo. i would go further and say that it is for skinny jean wearing "hipsters", who think having a bike that has 0 use value is cool. **** hipsters.

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
Seems like a fixie isn't the perfect tool for anything other than following a current trend and getting people hurt. Just look at that goofy ass fad of running narrow bars. Yeah let's take a bike with one gear, which by definition you will need to be standing up and cranking hard on, and take away all the leverage to do so. Brilliant. It's a fad and nothing more than an accessory to an emo hairdo and a messenger bag. You know it. Just because some guys decide it's the next new challenge doesn't mean squat other than they found a fixie before a unicycle.

If making things harder is the goal, go grab a motorcycle and tailwhip that beyotch. Or go ride a horse and slide some handrails.

I can see owning a dj frame company and trying something new. But he's catering to a segment that's still a little goofy. That would actually be a fun commuter bike. But it would be even better with some gears, the ability to coast and some brakes.........but oh yeah......that would be something different that actually makes sense.

Bikes of all kinds are cool. I just have a hard time thinking that a company so based in dirtjumping, from bmx to 26 would go out and start making something like this if they were selling all the hardtails they wanted. That's a guess though. I don't know Carter so maybe I'm wrong.

Horses.........handrails.........you heard it here first.
this post...was AWESOME :thumb: