Quantcast

New BMX race bike for meeeeee!!

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I've been hitting the track a little bit lately with my Daughter on an old bike I scored from Craigslist, so I decided to build something nice. I'm so stoked on the way it looks, I don't even want to take it to the track.

GHP XXL f/f
GHP bars
GHP pivotal seat/post
Crupi Rhythm pro cranks
Crupi tensioners
Custom built Atomlab Pimplite wheels (sexy as F***)
King headset
Avid single digit brake/lever

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Those GHP bikes are super nice. Put some clips on it!
I've never ridden clips on a BMX bike, and it kinda freaks me out a little. I'm gonna buy a cheap set of take-offs from the LBS and give 'em a shot, but I'm old and set in my ways. Flats just feel right to me and I'm not that concerned with being competitive. I'm more concerned with not breaking bones.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Very nice looking lil ride... Love all white bikes. Go get it dirty!

BTW your white Dillinger is enjoying it's 2nd life as a SS :)

P.S. The cat thought your crazy amounts of packing peanuts was a riot... the wife, not so much.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Yeah, I'm partial to white bikes for some reason. I even built my kiddo a white GHP.

Glad to see your digging the Dillinger. It looks good.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
I haven't been keeping upto date on the BMX scene but aren't there supposed to be knobbies on the tires for traction? Or have they pussified the tracks dirt compound and made them that smooth for less rolling resistance? I remember when I raced there was loose dirt and you needed knobbies on most tracks.

btw, sick bike!

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Most tracks today are very smooth and hard packed, but they definitely aren't "pussified". They obstacles have gotten bigger and there are more of them. Lots of tracks have asphalt berms, too.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Is that GHP as in Greg Hill Products ?

Man, back in the day I wanted one of his first frames so bad, candy apple red.

Congrats, and props to you for riding the track with the little ripper.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Is that GHP as in Greg Hill Products ?

Man, back in the day I wanted one of his first frames so bad, candy apple red.

Congrats, and props to you for riding the track with the little ripper.
Yeah, that's Greg Hill. I actually had a candy apple red GHP back in '84 or so. I cracked it on the top tube right behind the head tube. I was devastated.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I'm only using one 1/8" spacer under the stem and that's just to keep the stem from sitting on the headset. There's not even 1/4" of fork on top of the stem.