Quantcast

** new day gmt ***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
N=N+1 achieved.

Wife and I had been sharing a DJ for messing around on, finally snagged another for an agreeable price.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
sweet! what did ya get?
Cheap GT to go with our cheap SpecialEd.

Generally used for practicing manualling and bunnyhops in our driveway - haven't made it to Ruby/Barnum or Valmont yet.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What happened?
Have hear bad things about vail and their ski schools?
They didn’t ask her what her level was or what she wanted to do, and she ended up with a $362 day entirely on the magic carpet paired with a kid under her level. She wasn’t happy with this.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ribeye coming my way at Elway’s. Flight is half an hour late so why not?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
They didn’t ask her what her level was or what she wanted to do, and she ended up with a $362 day entirely on the magic carpet paired with a kid under her level. She wasn’t happy with this.
Girlfriend's daughter had her first ever lesson at Keystone & was 'code yellow' all day. The instructor let her ski in piss soaked pants on a windy day in the teens. Pretty sure the instructor forgot the "pee before you ski" mantra. :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Meeting with Chief Asshole Officer completed. As expected I did all the talking, what was unexpected is that we agreed on a solution to our problems. The absurdity of shit getting fixed with my personal skills is not lost on me. Strange days are these.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Just bought an (COLLECTIVE GASP) E-Bike.
It is for carting money around to ATM's (when I have to be there quick, but don't want to drive).
Flame away!

https://www.norco.com/bikes/city/urban-e/vlt/vlt-r1/
Shred an e bike on the streets all day!

No one here cares. But if we see you out on the trails on an e mtb we will heckle you until you go home and cry while reconsidering your life choices.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
$65? More? Less?
About spot on for the steak. With a side Caesar, an IPA, and truffle fries came to $106 with a generous tip to my fellow-Asian server.

It was quite good. I’m on a per diem for food this trip so it’ll average out with other cheaper meals and be covered.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
About spot on for the steak. With a side Caesar, an IPA, and truffle fries came to $106 with a generous tip to my fellow-Asian server.

It was quite good. I’m on a per diem for food this trip so it’ll average out with other cheaper meals and be covered.
Would you have been so generous if the server was a fellow fat white guy?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

Got a call with an offer this morning, yay. Start at the end of the month, so I have time to wrap up some side projects and prepare for the long commute. It was actually only 50 minutes door to door, so that isn't THAT bad, and free parking is a bonus. Bus isn't an option, though. Small pay cut, but still WAY more than unemployment.

Funny story: I was reading an article about jobs they can't fill in the US, one being Fortran and Cobol programmers. They haven't taught it in years and folks who know it are retired or dead. Problem is ALL of our financial infrastructure is run on it and has since the early 60's. So while you can apply for a home loan using a smartphone, the loan application gets decided on by a mainframe that approved your grandmas house. :rofl:

And now I get to play in it.

/coolstorybro

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Afternoon Monkeys.

Got a call with an offer this morning, yay. Start at the end of the month, so I have time to wrap up some side projects and prepare for the long commute. It was actually only 50 minutes door to door, so that isn't THAT bad, and free parking is a bonus. Bus isn't an option, though. Small pay cut, but still WAY more than unemployment.

Funny story: I was reading an article about jobs they can't fill in the US, one being Fortran and Cobol programmers. They haven't taught it in years and folks who know it are retired or dead. Problem is ALL of our financial infrastructure is run on it and has since the early 60's. So while you can apply for a home loan using a smartphone, the loan application gets decided on by a mainframe that approved your grandmas house. :rofl:

And now I get to play in it.

/coolstorybro
I used to be a wiz with Fortran for numerical solutions. What used to take days of programming and 12 hours to run can be done with a basic Matlab command and solved in milliseconds.