Quantcast

New DH bike finally!!

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
After about 4 months of waiting and a few mess ups on many ends, my DH rig is finally done. Only cruised around the neighborhood so far but feels awesome!!

pictured weght is 41 pounds

build is the following:

frame: azonic recoil in black
fork: boxxer with blackbox upgrade kit
headset: king
brakes: hayes 8"
stem and seatpost: thomson
bar: easton...sic race bar soon
hubs: hadley F/R
rims: mavic EX823
cranks: old style XTR
chainguide: Evil/e13 SRS
BB: XTR
rear der and cassette: ultrega
chain: sram hollowpin
pedals: azonic a-frame
grips: odi ruffian MX lock-ons(very sweet)
tires: michelin comp 16's

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by Lizard0fthetrai
nice bike! What's the dill with the super high BB height though? Northeastern eh? I'm in Chelmsford...boston urban?
Ya I gotta play around with adjustments and maybe lower my boxxer a bit. Once I'm on the bike the sag brings it down to a reasonable level, but I def want to try to get it a bit lower. Might also look high cause I am running a 36 chainring with matching bashguard.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Never, and I mean NEVER, try and pedal that up an incline.

When I tried to on a Recoil with a Boxxer I nearly flipped over backwards. Felt incredibly wierd (worse than an M1 uphill).
Generally a good frame though!

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Originally posted by Lizard0fthetrai
nice bike! What's the dill with the super high BB height though? Northeastern eh? I'm in Chelmsford...boston urban?
It's not that high, it's just an optical illusion cos the chainstay runs straight between the pivots, instead of running parallel to the ground then attaching to a yoke near the BB that goes up to the pivot (a la Specialized, Norco etc).

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
Oh Jay... I guess your bike is only #2 nicest now:cool: muhaha muhahahah:devil: Wait a week, then we'll see what's up.

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by RD
Oh Jay... I guess your bike is only #2 nicest now:cool: muhaha muhahahah:devil: Wait a week, then we'll see what's up.
well you can brag all you want, but we'll see who reaches the bottom of the mtn first....

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
Originally posted by dhmtbj
well you can brag all you want, but we'll see who reaches the bottom of the mtn first....

Hahahaha. "Oh Mista Mista, get this thing offa me!!!"

please remove that chip from your shoulder:cool:

Now I won't build you anymore bikes or maintain them. How you ike them apples bacon boi?:eek: