Quantcast

New DS & DH run being built now @ CR

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
So I just wanted to let all you monkeys know the great news.

Thanks to NEMA International :clapping: we have been able to enlist one of the sports best Dual Slalom builders, Landon Taylor to come down from Lake Tahoe to construct the new DS course at Chamberlin Ranch. He will also be roughing in the new Downhill if time permits. We have him for 4 days.

Landon has built many of the awesome DS and 4X courses for the NMBS and other events, we are excited to see what he does for us. The course is required for the upcoming Santa Ynez Valley National in May, but will also be avaialble to Stump Grider Dirt Club members starting in June.

But, as always if you want access before that, I'm an easy guy to get along with, there will be ample opportunities in that we will have many trail work days (XC too) where if you work for 3 or 4 hours, you can ride the courses for the same amount of time later in the day. Are you in?

Please stay clear this weekend as we want to give Landon all the room he needs, or PM me at least, we might need one or two people to help him and Drew.

mh :lighten:

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Days 1 & 2 of building the NEMA Dual Slalom Course @ The Stump Grinder Dirt Club!

Do you want to help on Sunday? Anyone who comes out at 8 AM and works to groom the course, for a few hours (3-4) can ride it from 1-4 PM.

We need people that want to work and take direction from Landon and Drew. Please help if you can.

MH :busted:

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
It's all done, complete with temp irrigation flags as gates, until I can muster up the $$$ to buy $2,000 in gates and another $600 for custom panels ... the only source I've found is World Cup Supply, is there another source out there?

We will post photos as soon as my webmaster gets the new ones from today up. mtnbrider is supposed to put up some pics too.

Thanks again to NEMA for sposnoring the build.

Thinking of a warm up DS and DH weekend prior to Sea Otter ...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Here's the pics from yesterday.

that's a quadruple

berms, not a double

Landon riding the course

view from the start

Hecker doing the course

Hecker can get air. Who knew?

Art.

Landon

Step down

view from the star gate area

Landon hard at work!

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
Everyone here at NEMA is pumped & stoked that it came out so well!! Great job Landon & thanks to Mike & everyone at Chamberlin Ranch for making this possilble! can't wait to ride it now!

-D-

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
It's all done, complete with temp irrigation flags as gates, until I can muster up the $$$ to buy $2,000 in gates and another $600 for custom panels ... the only source I've found is World Cup Supply, is there another source out there?
damn, thats a lot of money. are we talking those plastic polls and the fabric between them?

Shane

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Hey Mike-

Any chance I take the 450f out, and burn in the DH trail for you? :)

Erick
Erick,

That might work, I need to clear it with the ranch. But it might not be needed, because I'm going to find someone or a company to underwrite the cost of having Landon back to use a small D3 to build it complete with features (Just like you and NEMA stepped up for the Dual :clapping:), thus eliminating the need for weekend after weekend of trail build days. We will still have trail days, but there will be less work and more riding I hope. :monkey:

The estimated cost to build the new DH course is $3,000, any takers out there? :busted:

MH

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
are you gonna need people to help build this weekend?
No, not this weekend. But in December we will have maybe 2 trail days. Depends on the arrival of Evan, our new baby boy due on 11/24, and the schedule will devlop after that.

Gman, might want to host one though this weekend????

tylerpier137

Monkey
Mar 29, 2007
ventura
No, not this weekend. But in December we will have maybe 2 trail days. Depends on the arrival of Evan, our new baby boy due on 11/24, and the schedule will devlop after that.

Gman, might want to host one though this weekend????
Congrats on the baby,
and ill just keep an eye out for your post about work days.

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
tyler,

G-Man and Matt will be there this weekend with some dirt jumper kids from Santa Maria working on the old DH course readying it for the New Years Ride Day ... I'll find out what day, saturday or ,sunday, tomorrow and post. Thanks on the congrats ... Evan's not here yet.

Mike

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Congrats!!!! On the new baby boy mike...
Thanks Tony, Spunger & Pat (I guess)! Make sure that someone tosses Pat off the s-turn on the old DH course ...

Yes, Trish gave birth to Evan on Friday, he's awesome, healthy and a big boy! My little bike racer for sure! :clapping:

As for getting a trail day going this weekend, well I doubt that I could be there, but maybe I could breakaway and bring Charlotte up to the ranch.

If someone (I can trust, like G-Man or Spunger) would like to take the lead and organize a trail work day to rehab the old DH course so that it could be in decent shape for the New Years Day event (http://www.ridesb.com/sgdc_newyearsday.htm) that would be fine.

These rules apply out there especially when I'm not there:
1. There must be a designated leader, and I need to know this person and have his or her cell phone number.
2. There must be a clear goal for the day, and not just a bunch of disorganized jump building.
3. Work more than you ride, work for 4 hrs. then ride for 3.5.
4. Everyone needs to be gone off the property by 4 PM and the gate(s) closed.
5. No speeding in vehicles on the ranch roads or driving off-road.
6. No loud music (or anything else) to disturb the Firestone's who live next door.

If these simple rules are cool and your all willing to help, then by all means, I'm good with it.

MH :imstupid:

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
Gates here http://www.worldcupsupply.com/hinged-course-gates-summer-events.html

Panels here http://www.worldcupsupply.com/stretch-lycra-panels-summer-events.html

Of course when I get them printed NEMA will be on there as well as whoever else pays for them.

MH :monkeydance:
you should set up a paypal donation page. i know i would be willing to put down a few bucks, or maybe even have my company donate a 100 bucks or so (i am a poor company :D )

also, i do a lot of metal fab, anything i can help with?

Shane

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
That is a great Idea! Please consider making a donation to our efforts to further the sport of mountain biking at the Stump Grider Dirt Club!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=hecktone1@cox.net&item_name=Stump Grinder Dirt Club&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP-DonationsBF&charset=UTF-8

Thanks. These moneys will be used to buy supplies for the SGDC, there are no refunds, and these donations are just that, a donation and will not be applied to any membership in the SGDC, or implied sponsorship.

The first thing on the list are Dual Slalom gates and flags! Then a T140 Bobcat! :lighten:

Thanks for you support!

Mike Hecker - Owner
Stump Grinder DC

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Mike, I'll lead the dig day if needed.

And congrats man!
Noah, thanks, Evan is awesome ...

Which day do you want to do the trail work day? No comments about the cows Please ... we plan to buy (donations) a bunch of coyote scent and elmers glue concentrate to spray our courses with ... the scent to keep the cows away and clue to harden the courses against rain and cattle damage.

:monkeydance:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
What is there to do on the course besides fixing lips and berms? Maybe we could add some jumps and/or rollers in that section after the s-turn (after the railroad tie drop)?