Quantcast

New DS & DH run being built now @ CR

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Saturday works for me.
Ok Great Noah! Pat and I thnk Spunger and Shane will be there. I'm sure that there will be others as well.

So everyone Noah has agreed to be the leader of a trail work day this Saturday at the Stump Grinder Dirt Club. Here is the direction link http://www.ridesb.com/syvclassic_mapdirections.htm

Hours: 8 - 4
Goal: Rehab the DH
Bring: Tools, water, bike stuff, lunch ... sunscreen and a great attitude!
Rules: see post #35

One last thing: Everyone knows that MTBing is dangerious ... use common sense while on your bikes and if you get hurt it is agreed that it's your doing :poster_oops:, not mine or the SGDC or the property owners.

Have fun and thanks!

MH :monkeydance:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
And a reminder, my first aid training is out of date ;)
I have a pulaski and a shovel I'll be bringing.
Primary goals are to repair damage and make the course rideable first. any additions/changes will have to wait until that goal is accomplished.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Hey Noah...I may show up. I'll let ya know though. I might be having some friends come in from out of town that want to ride tunnel though, we'll see...

Brian might also be down to help.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
How far of a drive is this from Santa Barbara??? Either the freeway or 154 which is easier?

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Thanks you guys for the help yesterday.

Wait until you see the new DH that we will build after the first of the year.

Noah, do anyone shot photos yesterday? It would be nice to post some work day shots.

mh

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I took two of everyone working on the big berm after the drop. Want them? I'll have them up later probably.

The slalom is cool, but it will be really fun when it hardens. We should use the old course for the next race. I was having really fast runs on it yesterday. :rofl:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I watered from the top down to the last tabletop and shaped/smoothed the ends and beginnings of berms and also the whoops. I'll probably go back tomorrow to water and pack more.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I watered from the down to the last tabletop and shaped/smoothed the ends and beginnings of berms and also the whoops. I'll probably go back tomorrow to water and pack more.
YAY, you're my hero! I wish I lived that close so I could go there and help out with that stuff more often :(

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The new ds course is a blast, that was so much fun.
Thanks again for everything Mike.

TJMX133

Chimp
May 3, 2006
santa barbara
:thumb:Any other build days planned? I heard it's going to rain this weekend so that should help the DH course a bit :thumb:
I dunno, it might be too muddy as weird as it sounds. just the waves at rincon today from the storm that is coming were just enormous. I've heard this storm is suppose to rain quite a bit soo...