Quantcast

New Format Critique Thread

J.R.B

Chimp
Nov 6, 2001
Ha! I just noticed the new weather feature :D I got it all setup and everything, and was surprised to see little ole' Brantford on the options.

Cool feature, thanks!

G

gravity

personally i don't really like the new layout. why have you STILL not acknowledged my greatness? :angry:

also...... BRING BACK ALL THE BLOODY SMILIES! the devil and angry ones are cool, but add in all the old ones too!

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
It all looks pretty allright. One thing I don't like though, are the comercials/adds/spam on the left, of the thread listings. It cluders the overview... I understand that they have to be somewhere though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ah, how history repeats itself.

to avoid confusion: THIS IS A REALLY OLD THREAD, dating from the days when the green + sidebar + ads layout was new.

if you want to comment on the new, grey layout, do so in the following thread, NOT IN THIS ONE:

Ridemonkey's New Look

however, if you want to reminisce about the old days, this thread is the perfect place to do so. :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
BikeGeek said:
I like the new format. What's the default window size? I have to scroll to the right to hit the "post reply button." Never had to do that before. :confused:

Ya, me too. That's my rant! :mumble:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:

to avoid confusion: THIS IS A REALLY OLD THREAD, dating from the days when the green + sidebar + ads layout was new.
this was very Spud-ish of you (of hcor fame, not RM).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
this was very Spud-ish of you (of hcor fame, not RM).
? i don't understand the reference. spud @ hcor does not ring any posting-style bells...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:
? i don't understand the reference. spud @ hcor does not ring any posting-style bells...
spud was part of the jersey dave/cheers clan (possibly another brother?) who used to trawl through really old posts and reply to them, sparking new life to a long-dormant thread which people wouldn't at first realize was old news.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Make it so we can use 80x80 avatars and not just 75x75.

I know a forum with thousands of cool ones, but they are all 80x80...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tenchiro said:
Make it so we can use 80x80 avatars and not just 75x75.

I know a forum with thousands of cool ones, but they are all 80x80...
Toshi said:

if you want to comment on the new, grey layout, do so in the following thread, NOT IN THIS ONE:

Ridemonkey's New Look
about hcor: that would make sense. he must have landed on my ignore list very early on :D . anyway, why i dug up this thread is because i had posted an attachment in it, and the new user cp lets one look through all the attachments that have been posted. cool feature, although i'm not quite sure how it's useful...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Toshi said:

Ridemonkey's New Look

however, if you want to reminisce about the old days, this thread is the perfect place to do so. :D
Hah, I was wondering why Gecko only showed up when it was time to make UI changes... :p

Guess I need to pay more attention... :monkey: