Quantcast

New Fox DH coil shock

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
All valid complaints.
Plus, DHX2? How will my friends know I'm better than them when their shocks have bigger and better numbers?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
are DHX's better than RC's? I can't decide. DownHill X-country? RC=Rad Chit.

I think this is tough.

DHX2 is 2 numbers less than RC4, and the DHX 5.0 is 1 more than RC4. I am so confused, but orange springs....now, thats a color I always thought would look great with my neon green kit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

I think this is tough.

DHX2 is 2 numbers less than RC4, and the DHX 5.0 is 1 more than RC4. I am so confused, but orange springs....now, thats a color I always thought would look great with my neon green kit.
This is just the first step. Next is the dhxONE

"The fox DHX ONE. Become one with your bike, the universe........... and transcend this mortal coil"

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

I think this is tough.

The lack of sleep must be getting to me because I've read your post as RC= Rad Clit

As for 25lb increments. Weren't old fox steel springs inaccurate as hell and could vary as much a +/- 20lb?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
what happened to the RAD shocks? THey were, rad.
Not sure if serious...

But if you are, my understanding is the RAD stands for Racing Application Development. And they use the program to develop and test product. Once a product has been vetted by racers and test riders it goes to production. Once it's production, it's no longer RAD and gets its own name...

Presumably more RAD will be on-going... maybe even under a different label. I mean, they have to ride the hype for a little while at least?!

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Not sure if serious...

But if you are, my understanding is the RAD stands for Racing Application Development. And they use the program to develop and test product. Once a product has been vetted by racers and test riders it goes to production. Once it's production, it's no longer RAD and gets its own name...

Presumably more RAD will be on-going... maybe even under a different label. I mean, they have to ride the hype for a little while at least?!
Thanks, while I didn't know what it stood for, I was just posting about the new letters and being 100% not serious Though even the folks at Pinkbike when looking at Brook's bike at Crankworks NZ were said to see the RAD stickers gone and the dhx y2k replace them :(

Nothing RAD ever works out in my life. I just wanted something RAD for once in my life.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Thanks, while I didn't know what it stood for, I was just posting about the new letters and being 100% not serious Though even the folks at Pinkbike when looking at Brook's bike at Crankworks NZ were said to see the RAD stickers gone and the dhx y2k replace them :(

Nothing RAD ever works out in my life. I just wanted something RAD for once in my life.

RAD = Research And Development

Sort of like SRAM's blackbox department.

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
Yep nothing new just looks close to production and its a DHX2 not really that hard to work out, well maybe not for the rest of the world but I guess everything has to be dumbed down a little for the majority of the users using this forum.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Yep nothing new just looks close to production and its a DHX2 not really that hard to work out, well maybe not for the rest of the world but I guess everything has to be dumbed down a little for the majority of the users using this forum.
Most of us were actually just born yesterday, without you to help us out we wouldn't even have a forum!

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Most of us were actually just born yesterday, without you to help us out we wouldn't even have a forum!
Yeah, I'm not even sure how I knew about rad and rc4 and dhx, seeing as how I was born yesterday and this was the first shock I ever saw.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
RAD actually stands for rad application development, everyone gets points for effort though. RIP in peace dhx5.

Yeah, I'm not even sure how I knew about rad and rc4 and dhx, seeing as how I was born yesterday and this was the first shock I ever saw.
I know a guy who can tell you how...

Last edited:

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
i think it's the end of sunday HAHA!

Thanks fox for your sunday killer shock!

.....or you can cut out more the drive side upright, like spez carbon, do it now.

(remote resi for non compatible frames?)

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I think they mixed up the annotations for "special purpose" and "mushroom grip".

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Reservoir Awesome Dials needs allen keys to tune should be tool free.
also
Reservoir Aligned Dumbly, how much is the offset with respect to the shock body?

Is this used by sc syndicate? Looks like it won't fit on a sc v10.3 to v10.6, .....still figuring out?

Last edited: