Quantcast

new frame

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
im gonna be building a hard tale this summer and was wondering what kind of frame i should get. i will be using fo freeride and cross country i was looking at the banshee morphine any ideas would be helpful

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well.. You need to give a little more information to get some worthy advice. Are you going to be dropping it off cliffs? Putting a Monster T on it? Using it for XC rides with small drops along the way? Do you weigh 260lbs or 130lbs? What's the build going to look like?

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Originally posted by stoney98
www.pinkbike.com

Ask more educated questions, or go back. I'm getting stupider by reading your posts.
Hey, hey hey!!! At least link to our forum pages when you bag on the site.

At the very least, I'd like to think the site's not being slammed, just the forums.

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Agreed;

I may take criticism a little too close to heart for my own good.

I know full well the site's "weaknesses". I've just put so much of my heart and soul into the site over the years.

All because I love the sport, not for love of money. God knows, if I were here for the money, I'd have been bankrupt years ago.

No worries mang!

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
my friend weighs 160lb, 6'1", it will be used for cross country, with drops no bigger than 5 feet, probly use zocchi Z1freeride, a little dirt jumping, bad frames for this: evil imperial and similar frames. looking for good very wide options for riding

FR007

Chimp
Mar 6, 2004
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
If you are going to be doing riding like that and still want to jump it, drop it, and take it to the skatepark or something, you need a Santa Cruz Chameleon. It is by far the best all around bike. Put Easton handlebar stem and bar and a 80mm-110mm fork i.e. Manitou Sherman JD, Manitou Sherman Firefly, Manitou Sherman Flick, Marzocchi Z150 FR, Marocchi DJ, or something similar you can do just about anything. The frame weighs about 4.5 pounds and you could build it up and probably keep it around thirty pounds or less. www.santacruzmtb.com www.answerproducts.com www.marzocchi.com www.eastonbike.com let me know how it turns out

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
the yeti dj looks to small, it will be used for xc a lot i think, but he wants his options extremely wide for riding so it needs to be rather large, how ever the santa cruz is looks like a xc bike but it get raves on how strong it is, the build on the banshee is a bit heavy (between 40 and 50lbs). if you have a santa cruz chameleon with a zocchi z1, and built like a multipurpose bike can you tell how much it weighs. thnx

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I personally LOVE my Norco250 - I know it's seen as a low end Dirt Jumper (by others), but it's survived 6' East coast drops (flat to flat), Jumps, Plattekill, SoCal climbs and super steep descents. In fact I'm bringing it to Big Bear this weekend for some DH fun.

I put a super long Thompson seat post (410) for trail riding, which I can drop down almost to the top tube. Add a 24" rear wheel, a 5" Z1 and some 2.5" tires and I have a bike that can take everything I throw at it.

Not bad for a $100 frame (ebay)...

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
i have looked into that frame already and the head tube is and akward size, i only know of one production fork that fits that and that is the sherman breakout, besides, he already knows what fork he wants to put on there and its a zocchi

FR007

Chimp
Mar 6, 2004
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
You can put Marzocchi forks on Sinister frames. But if you want to shell out 750 dollars for a frame, fine. But I would go with the Santa Cruz Chameleon because it is about 2 lbs. lighter and cots about 300 dollars less.