Quantcast

New Freeride Trails in the Bay Area

K Crager

Chimp
Feb 24, 2005
about the club, i know people can't join yet, but would it be located in a convenient area within the bay area, or up in santa cruz?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
HAHA I grew up right off Highland, about four miles from Demo. My parents still live there, too. If you guys get everything together, and the land looks good, has hoses, etc, I'll stay home this summer and build you some rad stuff, jumps, berms, ewoks, whatever. Otherwise, I'm going to Colorado... Good luck with everything!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
don't let the county discourage you. I know you live over in the 510 land. Just to let you know Santa Cruz County honestly has 1 person that over see's the building permits. It's a way for the county to keep its "0 growth" policy, and to scare all potential builders off. If you are persistant you may be able to get everything approved. It will probably take a long time though. If you get local companies with environmentally friendly missions to help you, you'll have a much better chance. Try Giro, of course fox, and Santa Cruz in the mountain bike world, but don't over look other Santa Curz companies. Try to get New Leaf Markets behind you, along with Whole Foods, Odwalla, etc. etc. In addition, write as many letters to the Sentinel as possible, and explain how skate parks are illegal to bikes, how people digging trails in illegal areas is damaging to the environment, and how adults and kids alike want to ride challanging trails in a lawsuit safe environment. Bring up the recent closure of Nisene Marks, and explain how the new breed of mountain bikers want a legal place to perform their sport. In additon you could mention something about keeping kids away from their Televisions, and obesity induced illnesses. If you get front page coverage, permits are sure to follow.

Awesome Scott :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: As others, I've always dreamed of doing this too. Scurban's advice sounds really good. It doesn't sound like you'll have any problem getting experienced builders and plenty of hands to help. Count me in for sure, and I should be able to recruit a posse from my team (Team Wrong Way) and other places.
-S

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
I really hope this happens. It would be a blast to ride, as well as get to know new people when building the place. Hopefully an awesome place to ride and good friendships will come out of this.