Quantcast

New guy, new bike

May 1, 2004
NW Indiana
I am just starting back into biking after about 10 years of not riding lol. I bought a new bike and I was wondering if you guys could let me know if it was a smart purchase and any probs I may have. I got an '03 GT I-Drive Expert. I Paid 1000 bucks for it brand new. They said it retailed for like 2k. I figured I wanted to start with something that ill be able to ride for a while. I know GT got taken over by Pacific, but the bike looks pretty solid. It has a lot of XT components and Duke XC on the front and a FOX float R on the rear. Any advice or help? (dont say take it back lol) Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Paul

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
seems like a good deal for a new bike.

Any advice or help? (dont say take it back lol) Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
If you don't know how to, learn how to do basic mountain bike maintenance(tuning the drivetrain, adjusting suspension, etc). It will save you from having to go back your LBS if you have problems. But if the job seems to big or complicated, just goto your bike shop and have the mechanics take a look. Don't be afraid to ask how to tune or fix x part on your bike.

Oh yeah, don't be a knucklehead and put a dual crown fork on the bike - you'll void your warranty.