Quantcast

New Guy

cfk

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Boulder, CO
Hi out there,

I'm somewhat a new guy to Colorado and ridemonkey, I post once in a while but like to read the post but with the new season coming up thought I'd formally introduce myself, I'm Chris. I'm more of a single track rider but my son is a avid Down hiller but I have the truck and don't mind being the shuttle driver. I wish I could go to the CDCC meeting but we will be out of town, so I will just check the site for updates. I know how hard it is to keep good riding spots available, my son & I lost 3 or 4 spots over the years to developers, it's always a bummer especially after all the building and maintenance he puts into the spots.
Ok Thats it but I will jump into the Mexican food debate Pete's is better then McChipolte but Ajuua is the best around IMO. :)

Hope to see ya on the trails

miSSionary

Chimp
Oct 7, 2005
cfk said:
Hi out there,

I'm somewhat a new guy to Colorado and ridemonkey, I post once in a while but like to read the post but with the new season coming up thought I'd formally introduce myself, I'm Chris. I'm more of a single track rider but my son is a avid Down hiller but I have the truck and don't mind being the shuttle driver. I wish I could go to the CDCC meeting but we will be out of town, so I will just check the site for updates. I know how hard it is to keep good riding spots available, my son & I lost 3 or 4 spots over the years to developers, it's always a bummer especially after all the building and maintenance he puts into the spots.
Ok Thats it but I will jump into the Mexican food debate Pete's is better then McChipolte but Ajuua is the best around IMO. :)

Cfk,
Welcome! Yes, Petes is better and don't offer the shuttle too much, MANY downhillers will take you up on that for sure!! You should hang out below Apex, much bucks to be made there. :)

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
cfk said:
Hi out there,

I'm more of a single track rider but my son is a avid Down hiller but I have the truck and don't mind being the shuttle driver.

Here's your first rule of the front range: DON'T SHUTTLE Jefferson County parks. If you do, you're likely to get them shut down. Yes, Jefferson county watches that type of activity now-a-days. If you want the downhill, pedal up first.

Otherwise, there's lift access at most resorts.

cfk

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Boulder, CO
Ascentrek said:
Here's your first rule of the front range: DON'T SHUTTLE Jefferson County parks. If you do, you're likely to get them shut down. Yes, Jefferson county watches that type of activity now-a-days. If you want the downhill, pedal up first.

Otherwise, there's lift access at most resorts.
No problem, as I said I like to ride up the hills and my son likes to ride down them, and the tank he rides makes it a major chore but THE LAST THING I WANT is to blow it for everyone, I know how it works, something gets out and it's lost. Thanks for the heads up, I gues he'll be pushing it on up the hill. :thumb:

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
cfk said:
Thanks for the heads up, I gues he'll be pushing it on up the hill. :thumb:
No problem!

...and if he can ride it up hill, its just gonna get him in better shape!

I ride a 38lb bike all over the place.