Quantcast

new helment! :)

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
yup just went out and got my self the new atmos, and its so nice, u hardly notice that u are wearing it at all, deffin worthe the money, and i got a free carring case for it too :love:

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
ok theres the helment in action, eh just hoping that i will never actaully have to put it in use. and also that was the wintergreen ascent, i have never suffered so much in my life but it was all worthe it at the end

Attachments

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Nice pic...what goes up must come down.
I've heard alot of good (price aside) things about those helmets.:cool:

All I can think of when you said "u hardly notice that u are wearing it at all" is the scene from the Simpsons where Flanders is skiing in the skinsuit and he tells Homer "it's like I'm wearing nothin' at all!" Stupid sexy Flanders!

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
yeah the price is kinda steep but for i think 170 i got the helment and a carrying case, witch generally its self if like 40 or 50 bucks i think. but i mean ya know its all worth what u pay for it and i hope that this one will last many years to come

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I got a new atmos last week and I'm glad I did. Did my first 100 dergee + ride of the year and what a difference it makes. Best $90 I ever spent (1/2 off because I also bought a bike). It was 104 degrees at 10:30 am on the last leg of a 45 mile ride and for once my head wasn't baking, and my neck wasn't tired.

Since being hit by a car a couple on months ago, The one thing I'll never cut corners is a helmet. I was wearing a good one and ended up with a consuccion, instead of a major brain injury.

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
yeah i did a 75 mile ride over the weekend and i literally dont even notice that helment. its so nice of a change from what i was using witch was a 4 year old giro XC helment im not sure of the model name but strap a brick to your head and u got the same deal going for ya, as far as weight :mumble:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Reactor said:
I got a new atmos last week and I'm glad I did. Did my first 100 dergee + ride of the year and what a difference it makes. Best $90 I ever spent (1/2 off because I also bought a bike). It was 104 degrees at 10:30 am on the last leg of a 45 mile ride and for once my head wasn't baking, and my neck wasn't tired.

Since being hit by a car a couple on months ago, The one thing I'll never cut corners is a helmet. I was wearing a good one and ended up with a consuccion, instead of a major brain injury.
Man, it gets frickin' hot down there and it's not even summer yet!!:eek:
I need new drivetrains for both my bikes plus a rear wheel for my mtb before I think about a new helmet, but that will definitely be one I look into. I just got a job at a local shop...if I can get a good enough deal on one, that'd be sweet.